Good news for me..

daydreamer110761
daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey ya'll - it's been awhile, sorry. Been working alot of hours, and also got stuck playing mafia wars on facebook.

Anyway - saw the doc for a follow up. I have surgery scheduled to get the port out on June 25th! Oh yeah....so tired of this thing, and I hate getting stuck. Forgot the cream today - it really hurts! (me anyway, not everyone had that problem, I'm just a baby!). But, I noticed through here that most people just go in the office and and get a local and they take it out. Mine is coming out the same way it went in - and I don't mind at all. I was more afraid I would have to see them take it out! He is having me do another colonoscopy since they didn't get to finish it back in November, and then I don't see him until September!

Another thing to be a bit excited about - Nick and I set the date (finally) for October 23rd - so much to do now!

I've been reading here, just not writing alot - I;m glad that most of you are doing well, and sorry for the ones that aren't, will try to hang out here a little more often. I miss my friends!

Comments

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Awesome
    Good for you in getting your port taken out. That has to be such a relief to you knowing you don't have to get poked there again and no more flushing of the port. When I had my port in they never put my IV in right so I never got the twilight medicine I was supposed to so I guess I could say I just had it numbed. I'm sure you will do just fine and this is one less thing that reminds you of what you have gone through.

Yipeeee on setting the date. I'll remember that as it is my brother's birthday. You are going to be very busy, but a good busy. Congratulations.

Hugs! Kim
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

Awesome
    Good for you in getting your port taken out. That has to be such a relief to you knowing you don't have to get poked there again and no more flushing of the port. When I had my port in they never put my IV in right so I never got the twilight medicine I was supposed to so I guess I could say I just had it numbed. I'm sure you will do just fine and this is one less thing that reminds you of what you have gone through.

Yipeeee on setting the date. I'll remember that as it is my brother's birthday. You are going to be very busy, but a good busy. Congratulations.

Hugs! Kim

Wooohoooo!
    Congratulations Sherri on the wedding date! how thrilling that must be for you! I can't wait to see the pics..will it be a big wedding? small one?? I like the small, more intimate shindigs.

And good luck on getting that port out, I would want to get knocked out as well! I don't like watching, hearing or anything that leads to opening me up and getting or putting something in my body! Hope it all goes well, and glad you're feeling better! nice to be on that new normal, I have 6 more to go after tomorrow!

Hugssss~
    Donna
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Shayenne said:

Wooohoooo!
    Congratulations Sherri on the wedding date! how thrilling that must be for you! I can't wait to see the pics..will it be a big wedding? small one?? I like the small, more intimate shindigs.

And good luck on getting that port out, I would want to get knocked out as well! I don't like watching, hearing or anything that leads to opening me up and getting or putting something in my body! Hope it all goes well, and glad you're feeling better! nice to be on that new normal, I have 6 more to go after tomorrow!

Hugssss~
    Donna

Good news
    I am glad you are doing so well

michelle
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Good News Sherri!
    It's wonderful that you can have the port out! I have to keep mine in a while, but I can't feel it most of the time, so I am OK with that.

Congrats on the wedding!! Isn't it nice to have your life back????

Many hugs, Vicki
  • mykidsmommy
    mykidsmommy Member Posts: 76
    Go Live your life
    Yeah for you! Go live your life - when I got my port out - I was thrilled - I have it in my jewelry drawer as a little reminder and wondering what type of necklace it would make - Just an idea - It was a pain, but it was my little buddy that aided in getting my life back - so go liveit! Yeah for us!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Congratulations!
    That's fabulous. Hope the removal goes smoothly.

Setting the wedding date is HUGE! You'll have to post pictures and lots of details.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Shayenne said:

Wooohoooo!

Hugssss~
    Donna

I'm sorry....
    I forgot to put an "E" at the end of your name Sherrie...lol..I'm such a typo queen~
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Great News
    Congraduations, and enjoy your up and coming wedding. I to will be planning a wedding but it will be small commitment ceremony, with just a few friends and family. No date yet but sometime before the year is up.

Glad to hear the port is coming out so does that mean your all done and the cancer is gone? I certainly hope so, and I will continue to pray ir stays away forever!!!

God Bless ya
    Beth
  • daydreamer110761

Go Live your life
    Yeah for you! Go live your life - when I got my port out - I was thrilled - I have it in my jewelry drawer as a little reminder and wondering what type of necklace it would make - Just an idea - It was a pain, but it was my little buddy that aided in getting my life back - so go liveit! Yeah for us!

you saved it?
    I have to say I don't want to even see it! To me the scars from the surgeries and the numb fingers are reminder enough of what happened!

I guess my doc is optimitic enough that it is all gone - I remember the surgeon saying he got it all and this chemo was a mop-up. I'm figuring that since the port is out before the colonoscopy that I am done. Surgery is June 30th, really looking forward to it!

I have to say that planning this wedding seems harder than doing the chemo! You have nurses leading you through each appointment and telling you what to do. with this wedding, I am in a state away from everyone I know, so taking pictures of dresses and sending them to a friend to get approval, is all wierd! I've been married before, but didn't have much of a wedding, never planned one (I am a terrible party planner). I want a small quiet thing, and his guest list is up to 75 and still growing! It all sounds like work!
  • daydreamer110761
    dorookie said:

Great News
    Congraduations, and enjoy your up and coming wedding. I to will be planning a wedding but it will be small commitment ceremony, with just a few friends and family. No date yet but sometime before the year is up.

Glad to hear the port is coming out so does that mean your all done and the cancer is gone? I certainly hope so, and I will continue to pray ir stays away forever!!!

God Bless ya
    Beth

back at ya
    Congrats to you also!