Da Vinci procedure in Austin, Texas

dhocher
dhocher Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
Has anyone had experience with any of the surgeons who perform DaVinci in the Austin, Texas area? If so, I would appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• shipjim
    shipjim Member Posts: 137 Member
    DR. In austin
    I used Randy Fagin off 183. One of the early ones and highly recommended to me by Dr. Tewari. I went to the hospital at 6am was out the next day. Good personable and competent guy. Google him.
  • shipjim
    shipjim said:

DR. In austin
    I used Randy Fagin off 183. One of the early ones and highly recommended to me by Dr. Tewari. I went to the hospital at 6am was out the next day. Good personable and competent guy. Google him.

Randy Fagin
    Wouldn't let me put his last name in the post.
  • GLynnH
    GLynnH Member Posts: 1
    Did you end up using Dr.
    Did you end up using Dr. Fagin? I am trying to decide who to use. I went to Dr Cueller but have heard Dr. Fagin has done more. I was diagnosed as having PC May 13th and trying to decide what to do. 5 of the 12 biopsy's were cancer 3 were 6 and 2 were 7. Also had 3 undetermined. Would like to know experiences someone has had with both Drs.
  • RRMCJIM
    RRMCJIM Member Posts: 149
    GLynnH said:

Did you end up using Dr.
    Did you end up using Dr. Fagin? I am trying to decide who to use. I went to Dr Cueller but have heard Dr. Fagin has done more. I was diagnosed as having PC May 13th and trying to decide what to do. 5 of the 12 biopsy's were cancer 3 were 6 and 2 were 7. Also had 3 undetermined. Would like to know experiences someone has had with both Drs.

Are you close to the Houston
    Are you close to the Houston area? If so I would contact Univ of Texas MD Anderson cancer center...rated top in the country.... Dr there are also Professors, Scientist , etc... U.S. world and News had them rated # 1 in their hospital study... Just a thought
    Jim
  • shipjim
    GLynnH said:

Did you end up using Dr.

Fagin
    Yes I used him hope you are ok. While M D Anderson is famous read nodawgs sogirn which just ended. Some times bigger isn't better less personal etc.