DONE WITH CHEMO

dorookie
dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am all done with the CHEMO, thank GOD!!! Now its the wait and more test to see if the cancer is still gone. Please keep me in your prayers!!! Its been a long 6 months, now I need to work on getting my energy up in hopes to make it back to work within the month. My head doc has me on some new meds and they seem to be working. I have been able to cry more and talk more with Wendy. That has helped me alot. She is and has been the best caregiver ever. I love her to death and we will be planning our wedding very soon. And our first grandchild will be here in October, so we have lots to look forward to.

As long as the cancer stays away, I look forward to starting my new normal life and regain some happiness in our lives.

Hope all are well and remember I continue to pray for each and everyone here on the board.
God Bless you all, and lets kick this cancer crap in the butt!!!!

Beth

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Congrats!
    That's GREAT news. Hope the scans are nice and clear.
    Stay well.
    -phil
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Beth
    This is great news. As we all know, chemo SUCKS.You are getting your life back! And a new grandchild...what could be better!

I pray for you also....many, many hugs, Vicki
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Congratulations!
    Congratulations!This is great news!Nothing could be better than having your new normal life back.I will pray for you!
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Wonderful!
    That is so fantastic; I remember how difficult it was for you
    at the beginning and look where you are now!!! Keep up the
    good fight!!

HUGGS,
    Barbara
  • lizbiz
    lizbiz Member Posts: 120
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    That's wonderful news! Also, congrats on your upcoming wedding. All the best for your new future!

Big hugs,
    Elizabeth
  • elizabethgd
    elizabethgd Member Posts: 145
    lizbiz said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    That's wonderful news! Also, congrats on your upcoming wedding. All the best for your new future!

Big hugs,
    Elizabeth

congratualtions!!!
    Great News!!!!! And a wedding!!! Congratulations!!
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    CONGRATS!
    Great news, Beth. Wishing you and Wendy much happiness and good health!

All the best

- SB
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    spongebob said:

CONGRATS!
    Great news, Beth. Wishing you and Wendy much happiness and good health!

All the best

- SB

Beth!
    I'm so happy for you! you're done! and I pray your scans come out nice and clean, and you can go on and be happy in your new life! so glad to hear things are going well, I have 7 more treatments to go, and wow, feels like it's taking forever, one of these days, I hope to be where you are!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Shayenne said:

Beth!
    I'm so happy for you! you're done! and I pray your scans come out nice and clean, and you can go on and be happy in your new life! so glad to hear things are going well, I have 7 more treatments to go, and wow, feels like it's taking forever, one of these days, I hope to be where you are!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

so happy
    for you im looking forward to the day i can say that.only 5 more for me and as you know its been rough.im still climbing the mountain trying to get there.dont forget to do the naked happy dance Godbless....johnnybegood
  • dorookie
    VickiCO said:

Beth
    This is great news. As we all know, chemo SUCKS.You are getting your life back! And a new grandchild...what could be better!

I pray for you also....many, many hugs, Vicki

T shirt
    I think I might start a Tshirt company that just supports Cancer..That would be so cool...Trainer said he has one that actually says CANCER SUCKs, I would love to have one of those. I could donate some of the profit to the cause to find a cure, wouldnt that be great..Wish I had a good business sense about me, I would actually do it...

Hey Vicky maybe you and I could do it together....Since you have that great business sense about ya..

Beth
  • dorookie
    dixchi said:

Wonderful!
    That is so fantastic; I remember how difficult it was for you
    at the beginning and look where you are now!!! Keep up the
    good fight!!

HUGGS,
    Barbara

Rough road
    yes its been a rough road but I am at the end of it, Thank God. I know there are so many more having a much harder time then me, and I will continue to pray for each of them.

Thanks you
    Beth
  • dorookie
    Shayenne said:

Beth!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

PM
    Donna, I sent you a PM on Facebook...you should have it by now...
  • dorookie
    Thank you all so very much
    I couldnt have made it through this time without all of you, you guys are just the greatest. Thank you so very much from the very bottom of my heart. I love all of you guys and will always be around to support and pray for each of you. Please let me know if I can ever be of any help I will be there.

God Bless
    Beth
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    wonderful!
    Beth,

That's a wonderful place to be, isn't it?! I'm very glad for you.
    It will take at least a couple of months before you really feel your energy coming back, but it will definitely happen. Here's to looking forward to that!!

God bless,
    Lisa
  • dorookie

so happy
    for you im looking forward to the day i can say that.only 5 more for me and as you know its been rough.im still climbing the mountain trying to get there.dont forget to do the naked happy dance Godbless....johnnybegood

Waiting
    I dont want to do that dance until the scans come back clear, I dont want to jinx myself ya know. And you are going to be there before you know it, My prayers will be with you and if I can ever do anything to help please let me know. I believe you are stronger then you think and before you know it will be posting you are all done and NED....God is with you always! Between this board and God you will never be alone...

God Bless ya
    Beth
  • dorookie
    Shayenne said:

Beth!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Very Soon
    Donna,
    You will be doing that Happy Naked dance with me...No doubts, God has much greater things in mind for you and your not done with them yet. You are a very strong woman and you have a great family support. Your going to come through this smelling like roses...........I believe that and all you have to do is believe it too!!!

Hugs
    Beth
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    dorookie said:

Thank you all so very much
    I couldnt have made it through this time without all of you, you guys are just the greatest. Thank you so very much from the very bottom of my heart. I love all of you guys and will always be around to support and pray for each of you. Please let me know if I can ever be of any help I will be there.

God Bless
    Beth

We all knew you could do it......your tougher than you thought you was...now its done, good feeling eh ? Its gonna be a little weird when its time to go for the next treatment and ya don't have to.....enjoy it sweetheart, you deserve it......and tell Wendy I said Hi also....God Bless ya... :)
  • dorookie
    lisa42 said:

wonderful!
    Beth,

That's a wonderful place to be, isn't it?! I'm very glad for you.
    It will take at least a couple of months before you really feel your energy coming back, but it will definitely happen. Here's to looking forward to that!!

God bless,
    Lisa

Thank you Lisa
    I appreciate it. I sure hope that the energy comes back, I feel so depleted, but in time it will. How are you doing?

Beth
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    dorookie said:

Thank you Lisa
    I appreciate it. I sure hope that the energy comes back, I feel so depleted, but in time it will. How are you doing?

Beth

doing well, thanks
    Beth, I'm doing well, thanks. Well, "well" in the sense that I feel physically pretty good at the moment and that things are turning well in my current "fight" to try to change oncologists. It turns out my medical group is actually going to no longer contract w/ my oncology group, so even though they denied me leaving and told me at first that I couldn't change doctors, I'm now actually going to HAVE to change anyhow! Maddening and somewhat ironic, but I'm relieved and feel it's going my way (perhaps "someone upstairs" is helping me out here!- not "perhaps"- that's what I believe!)
    Anyhow, my CEA marker has risen & I'm waiting to see the results of one more CEA test- results on Tuesday. If it's down, great- if it's up- then I'll probably have to go on stronger chemo again. But, I believe my life is in God's hands and He is always boosting me up, so I'm okay with whatever I have to do- it's just something I "have to do" in managing this chronic illness! (please no one jump on me for being religious,I'm just sharing my thoughts at the moment of why I feel good & the belief that God has me in his hands always makes me feel good again!)

Thanks for asking Beth & take care,
    Lisa
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
    dorookie said:

Thank you Lisa

Beth

The energy will come back soon
    Beth, I am 4 weeks out from my last treatment (yeah). It was definately wierd not going in for treatment that first time after too. Since then, however, I am finally lasting longer than 2pm without needing a nap. Everyday I seem to be able to do a little more than yesterday. Started working full days again, walking outside (weather permitting), and just trying to live a little! I have to admit that when I fall asleep, I really fall asleep tho! My hands are still making me nuts, I hope that fades away soon. Part of it is that I live in Minnesota - and someone decided to turn the calendar to October instead of June! It was only 48 here yesterday, and boy do my hands and feet know it! My tongue is still numb, and food still doesn't taste very good, but I can drink cold things. But I gotta say - just not having to be attached to a hose is a great feeling!

Congrats on the grandchild, and the upcoming wedding! Nick and I are also starting to plan ours (although I think I am the one with the cold feet here, no pun intended!)