12th Folfox treatment done, I am done with chemo for good I hope

2»

Comments

• menright
    menright Member Posts: 256 Member
    Great Post
    Mike:

Congrats on being done. I trust the scans will show NED and you will be a great success story. Enjoy your freedom.

Mike
  • Mike49
    Mike49 Member Posts: 261
    menright said:

Great Post
    Mike:

Congrats on being done. I trust the scans will show NED and you will be a great success story. Enjoy your freedom.

Mike

Your next bud
    We started this fight together and we;re going to see it through. Thanks for your nice post. I'm hoping for great progress for your too.
  • Mike49

Congratulations!!
    Oh, Mike... I am soooo happy for you!! Yes, 12 is the magic number... so what a pleasant surprise to think you had one more to go and now you have been set free :)

I hear you on the sense of shock or something when everything comes to an end... pronto quickly! It's like you dread going in for the treatments, but you can count on the routine, the blood tests, the constant monitoring of the chemo techs/nurses, etc. Then, all of a sudden it stops... you are told you will have blood work in 2 months or so and boom... no one calls you anymore . This is a GOOD thing when the calls stop, but still.. it takes some getting used to.

As a matter of fact, do NOT be surprised if you go through a bit of the blues soon... that is soooo common and soooo normal! From the day we are dx'd to the day of the last chemo, we are pushed, prodded, poked, scanned and it seems we are always going to this, that and another appt. Although it's a pain and time-consuming, we know it's in our best interests and as long as we have this much attention being paid to us, we know nothing will slip under the wire. Then all of a sudden, it's over and you are given your life back... but you haven't had your life for 6-8 months so now what do you do??

But it won't take you long to get back into the swing of things :) And when you do have to go back for the blood test and then a scan, you'll find that those appts. are interferring with your life .

But I'm so happy for you that it's over for the time being and hopefully forever... and you've come out of it feeling just fine!! All you newbies... pay attention! It's true... you can go through ALL 12 chemo treatments and at the end still feel like your old self... a little worse for wear, but able to claim your life back :)

Huggggggs,

Cheryl

Thanks
    Thanks for the thoughtful post, I do feel better each day. One complaint still my feet and hands are numb and hurt often. But think about the alternative. I'll fight this neuropathy too. This too will pass.; Thanks again.
  • glinka65
    glinka65 Member Posts: 132
    great news
    great news mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mike49
    Thanks to everyone
    Thanks to all of you with this heartfelt outpouring of support. I have a PET scan and a CT in 10 days, I am nervous but feel better each day. I don't want to have to fight more right now, but I also know that if I have too, I can with friends like these. I will let you know soon where this journey is heading. I am glad that through this all I always tried not to let the cancer define me, but me be Mike and have a fight with cancer as part of that life. I think, proactive long term plans help. I have lots to do and I plan to be here for it. Good luck to us all, you guys are the best.

Mike
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Mike49 said:

Thanks to everyone
    Thanks to all of you with this heartfelt outpouring of support. I have a PET scan and a CT in 10 days, I am nervous but feel better each day. I don't want to have to fight more right now, but I also know that if I have too, I can with friends like these. I will let you know soon where this journey is heading. I am glad that through this all I always tried not to let the cancer define me, but me be Mike and have a fight with cancer as part of that life. I think, proactive long term plans help. I have lots to do and I plan to be here for it. Good luck to us all, you guys are the best.

Mike

Glad your done Bud...........
    You spoke of neuropathy...My fingers are getting a little better I can tell but my toes were a little more advanced and hopefully will make a full recovery sooner or later...Its nothing we can't handle though...I still don't have any strength or stamina but I feel great.....Hang in there Bud...Im sure the scans will be fine.....Then I want to hear your holler all the way to Paducah Ky....... :)
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    Buzzard said:

Glad your done Bud...........
    You spoke of neuropathy...My fingers are getting a little better I can tell but my toes were a little more advanced and hopefully will make a full recovery sooner or later...Its nothing we can't handle though...I still don't have any strength or stamina but I feel great.....Hang in there Bud...Im sure the scans will be fine.....Then I want to hear your holler all the way to Paducah Ky....... :)

Scans
    Good luck on your scans . Repeat after me.... NED ... NED... NED

Let us know

DAwn
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Alright!
    They usually do it in groups of 12. Maybe he said 13 to throw you off so he could surprise you? Anyway, congrats. I hope things stay clear and that's that.
    -phil
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    PhillieG said:

Alright!
    They usually do it in groups of 12. Maybe he said 13 to throw you off so he could surprise you? Anyway, congrats. I hope things stay clear and that's that.
    -phil

Congratulations on number
    Congratulations on number twelve. I have no doubt you will be ned your next scan. I still have 10 more to go but you can better believe as soon as i know that alcohol will not cause me any adverse effects from the chemo, After number 12 I will be having a night on the town with my buds. I might even jump on a table and do a naked happy dance. Something noone wants to see but after colon cancer modesty goes out the window. I could keep my pride, but who cares?
    Cancer? whatever.....

Eric

p.s.
    Phil - I guess you don`t have to wait to party. You`ve got your happy herbs.