ok #6 here i come

johnnybegood
johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
well i leave in a few hours to go get my 6th cocktail and i so dont want to go.#5 really hurt me bad.just letting everyone know i know alot of you are worse off than me and sometimes i feel selfish for not wanting to go to chemo.hey buzzard remember that rope you said you would hang onto? would you hold onto it and pull as hard as you can to get me thru this.thanks and everyone have a nice day Godbless.....johnnybegood

Comments

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    hang on
    hang on Johnny....I am right behind you on Thurs for my #6 and I too do not want to go....#5 was a stinker...keep marching: :):)

mags
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    maglets said:

hang on
    hang on Johnny....I am right behind you on Thurs for my #6 and I too do not want to go....#5 was a stinker...keep marching: :):)

mags

You go!
    You can do this girl! I got your back too, and I'm right behind you, I got #5 coming next week, and we can both do this, keep the faith, we're almost halfway there!

Hugssss!
    ~Donna
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Me too. number 3
    I had such an awful time with round 2, I really didn't want to go yesterday...but I did. So far, I am ok, but very, very tired. I go every day this week. Finger crossed for you, Mags, Donna and ME! We are all hanging onto that rope. Buzzard, pull hard!

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} Vicki
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    VickiCO said:

Me too. number 3
    I had such an awful time with round 2, I really didn't want to go yesterday...but I did. So far, I am ok, but very, very tired. I go every day this week. Finger crossed for you, Mags, Donna and ME! We are all hanging onto that rope. Buzzard, pull hard!

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} Vicki

Yikes!
    You go everyday??? poor girl, That's rough! you bet we're here for you as well.....big ole Hugsssssssss!!!!!!!!

~Donna
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Shayenne said:

Yikes!
    You go everyday??? poor girl, That's rough! you bet we're here for you as well.....big ole Hugsssssssss!!!!!!!!

~Donna

5 days on, three weeks off
    I get a Bolus every day for 5 days, plus meds and hydration, then I get three weeks off, but two of those weeks are usually lots of puking and very tired. I get 1 week every month to feel normal, and I consider it blessed, because without this chemo, where would I be today???

Vicki
  • shoppergal
    shoppergal Member Posts: 118
    VickiCO said:

5 days on, three weeks off
    I get a Bolus every day for 5 days, plus meds and hydration, then I get three weeks off, but two of those weeks are usually lots of puking and very tired. I get 1 week every month to feel normal, and I consider it blessed, because without this chemo, where would I be today???

Vicki

Lousy chemo!!!!
    I will pull that rope for all of you!! I'm finished with chemo for 10 months now, and it's something I will never forget. I won't lie and tell you that it gets easier because it doesn't. By the time I got to #7, I was greatfull to be almost finished but it became an annoyance.I just didn't want to do it anymore. The tiredness in my body got worse as the chemo built up in my body, but my sleeping got worse. After being unhooked from my 48hr infusion, I could barely stand on my own, so I stopped working on that day. You have to learn to listen to your body and rest when your body tells you to.

Just remember you're almost finished and if you made it this far, you can do it!! Vicki, you're right, without chemo where would we all be today???

Thinking of you all and sending good thoughts your way

Wendy
  • JR
    JR Member Posts: 139 Member
    You will do fine. I had my
    You will do fine. I had my 5th last week (not pleasant) and my 6th next week. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.

John
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    JR said:

You will do fine. I had my
    You will do fine. I had my 5th last week (not pleasant) and my 6th next week. Let me know how it goes. Good luck.

John

Just Hold On..............
    Im getting ready to fire up the D9 dozer...That will pull us all through............... :)
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Buzzard said:

Just Hold On..............
    Im getting ready to fire up the D9 dozer...That will pull us all through............... :)

thanks
    everyone for the replys.i got thru #6 just fine they lowered the dosage on the 5fu and right now i dont feel as bad.i also got the magic mouthwash so hopefully that will help. onc also told me the more dosages you get the more tired you get.funny how they dont tell you stuff until after it happens.hang in ther donna and everyone else we got to kick this cancer in the butt{ha ha}Godbbless......johnnybegood