News!

tootsie1
tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Y'all might have noticed I have a new profile picture. The little princess with me is my new granddaughter, Caroline Grace, who was born on Tuesday night. I've been at the hospital with her and my daughter, and I've loved every second of it. She's gorgeous!!! I got all emotional when I called people to tell them, because it hit me all over agan how grateful I am to be here to enjoy such lovely moments in life.

Tomorrow night will be my second Relay for Life as a survivor!

*hugs*
Gail

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    I jumped the gun
    and commented on a later thread! I get so behind I read from the bottom up so nothing will scroll of the page before I can get to it! AWESOME!!!!! I feel ya on the emotions! I was so overwhelmed when I was able to watch my first grand child come into this world! It reminds you just what you are fighting for! I know you are loving it! Mine is starting to get mobile, so I can't wait until I can hold her chubby little hand and go for a walk with her!
    mary
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    msccolon said:

I jumped the gun
    and commented on a later thread! I get so behind I read from the bottom up so nothing will scroll of the page before I can get to it! AWESOME!!!!! I feel ya on the emotions! I was so overwhelmed when I was able to watch my first grand child come into this world! It reminds you just what you are fighting for! I know you are loving it! Mine is starting to get mobile, so I can't wait until I can hold her chubby little hand and go for a walk with her!
    mary

Hey
    Hi, Mary.

I found your other comment. Good luck on your surgery! Get well soon, so you can enjoy those walks!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Hi Gail,
    Congratulations on

Hi Gail,
    Congratulations on your granddaughter, Caroline Grace. What a lovely name. Enjoy your little princess!
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375 Member
    Congratulations Grandma Gail!!
    I bet I now know a tiny little granddaughter who is going to be pampered and spoilt and get everything her little heart desires... because that's the job of a grandma!! :D

Hehehe... I was going to say that that's an adorable new profile picture, if only you were looking at the camera... BUT ... it's totally understandable that you can't take your eyes off that gorgeous little bundle of joy :)

Have fun!!

Hugggggs,

Cheryl
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Congratulations!
    What a blessing! The fight is definitely worth it for times like these.

Hugs,
    Kirsten
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    kmygil said:

Congratulations!
    What a blessing! The fight is definitely worth it for times like these.

Hugs,
    Kirsten

Congrats
    what a cute twosome......your days will be
    filled with thoughts of this little one
    instead of cancer.....and that is a good..
    heck, GREAT thing.

Hugs,
    Barbara
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Congrats Gail!
    I was the labor coach for daughter's first son. I cut the cord (twice) and got to hold him first. Daughter had some minor problems and I got to hold him quite a while. The OB said "He's bonded with you now." She's right. He's 10 years old (May 1) and we are very, very close.

Her second and third sons were emergency C-sections, but I was there (Outside the room) for each and Son-in-law brought them to me immediately. It's a tradition that I get my hands on them first!

Oh what fun you will have. Every time I look at my boys, I remember what I am fighting for!.

Many hugs, and kiss that baby's neck for me.

Vicki
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Congratulations
    A new baby is always a reward to have. Congratulations to you and your family for the new addition.

Enjoy that little bundle as they grow up fast.

Kim
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member

Congratulations
    A new baby is always a reward to have. Congratulations to you and your family for the new addition.

Enjoy that little bundle as they grow up fast.

Kim

New Grandma
    Ther Is nothing like it in the world i am blessed with 2 a boy and a girl I love them to death they help me get threw the weekends. Congratulations

michelle
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

New Grandma
    Ther Is nothing like it in the world i am blessed with 2 a boy and a girl I love them to death they help me get threw the weekends. Congratulations

michelle

Congratulations ....
    Nice looking Grandbaby there.....The fun is just starting for you......enjoy. :-)