Any one that has taken Camptosar

dolffingirl
dolffingirl Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Anyone taking Camptosar
Hi my father just had his second treatment of camptosar.Both times that night when he went to bed he has woke up in the middle of the night freezing and almost like he was sweating ice.
When I went to change his bed close they were soaked with really cold sweat. His body felt like a freezer,it took him half the day to thallout. Is this a normal side effect? Has anyone
else ever had this happen? It does'nt seem normal.

Comments

• dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    I had it
    I had it back in late 2007 and I didnt experience those side effects at all. Sorry he is not feeling well and having to go through this.

God Bless
    Beth
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    dorookie said:

I had it
    I had it back in late 2007 and I didnt experience those side effects at all. Sorry he is not feeling well and having to go through this.

God Bless
    Beth

Hi!
    I am taking the Folfiri/Avastin combo, and the Campostar is Irinotecan right? (forgive the spelling), but yes, I do experience night sweats when on it, makes you feel pretty clammy, and do have to wash and keep changing my sheets as well, so I'm pretty sure it is a side effect :)

Hugssss!
    ~Donna
  • menright
    menright Member Posts: 256 Member
    Camptosar
    I have just begun camptosar and while I do experience night sweats, I do not have the chill you describe.

Best of luck.

Mike
  • lizbiz
    lizbiz Member Posts: 120
    menright said:

Camptosar
    I have just begun camptosar and while I do experience night sweats, I do not have the chill you describe.

Best of luck.

Mike

I did at first....
    I'm approaching my 8th round of Campotsar+Avastin, but I've never felt better (within the context of chemo). I've been taking some nutritional supplements that make me feel %200 better than I've ever felt through chemo.

I did, however, have night sweats at first. I also remember waking up freezing covered in my own sweat.

I'm sorry he's going through this.

Hugs and prayers,
    Elizabeth
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    CPT-11 (yes, ANOTHER term for the same drug! :) )
    I have done CPT-11 quite a few times, and I ALWAYS have the cold sweats ... I SO look forward to getting a shower and a sheet change when the fanny pack gets unplugged! I find the sweat smells very chemical as well, so EVERYTHING goes into the washer! I even usually let my mattress breathe a while after spraying it down with febreeze or Lysol or an allergen reducer, depending on my whim! :) If I have a few strong friends, I have my mattress flipped as well! It's always nice to get back into that clean bed, even though the removal of the pump also meant the beginning of the mad dash to the finish for my intestinal contents! :)
    mary