chenheart! our warrior woman! how was your run/walk/chant???

Options
cats_toy
cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Claudia, anxious to hear how your weekend went! Did you remember all of our names? Are your size 20 shoes worn out? Are your 25 foot legs sore? Thanking you in advance for your efforts on all of our behalf!
Cat

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    I'm with Cat...
    Hoping to hear from you soon, Claudia!

Kind regards, 12/25 (a/k/a Susan)
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Do tell Claudia, did your
    Do tell Claudia, did your sweet Reggie give your size 25 feet a foot massage after the walk???? Hugs, Lili
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    5K and Fires......
    I was conflicted, but YES! I went to the Revlon 5K~ and of course I chanted all of your names~ and when I was afraid I forgot someone, I simply chanted "CSN, BC Boards, CSN, BC Boards"...and I hope that was alright with you! Miley Cyrus was there...she donated $1.00 of each concert ticket sale to the cause~ and you might imagine she has sold a LOT of tickets! I didn't personally get to see Christina Applegate, but I know she was on site. My knees were hurting and I knew walking the 5K was my best bet, and I did it in less than an hour, so I was happy for that. It isn't a competition, and I was walking with 6 friends, and we got distracted laughing and talking and stopping on the sidewalks to cheer the runners who were flying by us...so we were happy to walk the 3.something miles in that time. Especially because one of my girlfriends 84 YEAR OLD MOM was walking with us!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!

I was conflicted because the horrible Santa Barbara fires were less than 20 miles from my house! I am safe, our house is fine, but good friends lost their homes, and almost everyone I know was evacuated. We of course opened our home to anyone who might have needed a place to stay, but it wasn't necessary. The city had 30,000 evacuees~ can you imagine that? My daughter/niece ( I raised her, so consider her my daughter)thankfully was not in the mandatory evac area, but in the warning area, and was able to stay put. Reggie's 18 yr old was afraid to stay in her apartment, so she came home. They both go to college, which was cancelled.

Reggie drove back from Los Angeles after the 5K, and I stayed with my friend whos mom did the walk with us. We went out for a wonderful lunch, and wore our participation/finishing medals and t-shirts to the restaurant! There were over 100,000 participants, so we weren't the only ones in the restaurant who did the event! High fives everywhere! LOL

We cooked on Saturday evening in anticipation of Mother's Day, and about 20 friends came to my friends moms house to celebrate family and moms! Fun, and laughter, and delicious food~ nothing better than that!

I took Amtrak home today; Reggie picked me up at the station...though it is always good to be home, the smell of smoke and the burn area is devastatingly sad.

Thank you for all of your well-wishes~ about both the walk and the fire situation. You all always touch my heart. I didn't have my computer with me, so I am a bit behind on posting and reading~ I will get that remedied hopefully by tomorrow!!!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    chenheart said:

5K and Fires......
    I was conflicted, but YES! I went to the Revlon 5K~ and of course I chanted all of your names~ and when I was afraid I forgot someone, I simply chanted "CSN, BC Boards, CSN, BC Boards"...and I hope that was alright with you! Miley Cyrus was there...she donated $1.00 of each concert ticket sale to the cause~ and you might imagine she has sold a LOT of tickets! I didn't personally get to see Christina Applegate, but I know she was on site. My knees were hurting and I knew walking the 5K was my best bet, and I did it in less than an hour, so I was happy for that. It isn't a competition, and I was walking with 6 friends, and we got distracted laughing and talking and stopping on the sidewalks to cheer the runners who were flying by us...so we were happy to walk the 3.something miles in that time. Especially because one of my girlfriends 84 YEAR OLD MOM was walking with us!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!

I was conflicted because the horrible Santa Barbara fires were less than 20 miles from my house! I am safe, our house is fine, but good friends lost their homes, and almost everyone I know was evacuated. We of course opened our home to anyone who might have needed a place to stay, but it wasn't necessary. The city had 30,000 evacuees~ can you imagine that? My daughter/niece ( I raised her, so consider her my daughter)thankfully was not in the mandatory evac area, but in the warning area, and was able to stay put. Reggie's 18 yr old was afraid to stay in her apartment, so she came home. They both go to college, which was cancelled.

Reggie drove back from Los Angeles after the 5K, and I stayed with my friend whos mom did the walk with us. We went out for a wonderful lunch, and wore our participation/finishing medals and t-shirts to the restaurant! There were over 100,000 participants, so we weren't the only ones in the restaurant who did the event! High fives everywhere! LOL

We cooked on Saturday evening in anticipation of Mother's Day, and about 20 friends came to my friends moms house to celebrate family and moms! Fun, and laughter, and delicious food~ nothing better than that!

I took Amtrak home today; Reggie picked me up at the station...though it is always good to be home, the smell of smoke and the burn area is devastatingly sad.

Thank you for all of your well-wishes~ about both the walk and the fire situation. You all always touch my heart. I didn't have my computer with me, so I am a bit behind on posting and reading~ I will get that remedied hopefully by tomorrow!!!

Hugs,
    Claudia

CLAUDIA IS ALIVE!!!
    Ooops, sorry, couldn't resist... (feeling a bit sheepish now...)

YAY! You ladies ROCKED that Revlon walk, I could feel it! Sounds like a triumphant and lovely weekend for you, kindred spirit! And, I'm glad you - and your friends - enjoyed yourselves! :-)

Most importantly, am truly relieved that you - and your loved ones - are safe. While also sorry for the less fortunate...

After a whirlwind weekend like the one you just had - rest a bit, put your feet up. Then, come back here...

Kind regards, 12/25
    (a/k/a Susan)
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

5K and Fires......

Hugs,
    Claudia

So glad you are fine....
    I thought much about you Saturday morning when I was walking the survivor's lap at my local Relay for Life...BEAUTIFUL weekend, wasn't it?

I'm relieved that your house was spared, but I know of what you speak regarding the fires...it's always so much stress!

BIG hugs, Kathi
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

CLAUDIA IS ALIVE!!!
    Ooops, sorry, couldn't resist... (feeling a bit sheepish now...)

YAY! You ladies ROCKED that Revlon walk, I could feel it! Sounds like a triumphant and lovely weekend for you, kindred spirit! And, I'm glad you - and your friends - enjoyed yourselves! :-)

Most importantly, am truly relieved that you - and your loved ones - are safe. While also sorry for the less fortunate...

After a whirlwind weekend like the one you just had - rest a bit, put your feet up. Then, come back here...

Kind regards, 12/25
    (a/k/a Susan)

Susan!
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Brill.

Claudia, well done, we expected nothing less of you....HUGE HUGS Jxxxxxxx
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    KathiM said:

So glad you are fine....
    I thought much about you Saturday morning when I was walking the survivor's lap at my local Relay for Life...BEAUTIFUL weekend, wasn't it?

I'm relieved that your house was spared, but I know of what you speak regarding the fires...it's always so much stress!

BIG hugs, Kathi

Shout out to Kathi!
    I'm pondering how I might have missed this bit of info? (Actually, I'm not pondering at all - because with the way my brain works...)

GOOD for you for walking the Survivor's Lap at your local Relay for Life! I did so, just once, several years ago - when just barely done with treatment. It was a truly moving experience.

Glad you enjoyed a BEAUTIFUL weekend!

Kind regards, Susan
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    KathiM said:

So glad you are fine....

BIG hugs, Kathi

Hey kindred walker
    I was thinking of you as I was walking. Didn't pick up your walking vibes, but then there wewere so many vibes bouncing all over the cosmos, that is not surprising. Lynn
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Hey kindred walker
    I was thinking of you as I was walking. Didn't pick up your walking vibes, but then there wewere so many vibes bouncing all over the cosmos, that is not surprising. Lynn

Yippee!!!!!
    Lynn~

I thought of you too! You know when you will feel my vibes, and me yours??? When we are all walking, running, marching, stomping, jumping, and skipping at the world-wide event celebrating end of cancer, as we have the CURE!!!!!

I hope its soon.....

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    chenheart said:

Yippee!!!!!
    Lynn~

I thought of you too! You know when you will feel my vibes, and me yours??? When we are all walking, running, marching, stomping, jumping, and skipping at the world-wide event celebrating end of cancer, as we have the CURE!!!!!

I hope its soon.....

Hugs,
    Claudia

As I walked with my daughter and sister
    CURE was definitely on my mind. Lynn
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

As I walked with my daughter and sister
    CURE was definitely on my mind. Lynn

The eventual CURE...
    A true cure. It is, ultimately, why we do what we do... Whether walking, running, donating, whatever the effort... Truly, every bit - no matter how small nor large - helps to get closer to the ULTIMATE GOAL: CURE. Amen.

With blessings to ALL of my kindred spirit BC sisters (and brothers), and all the women (and men) of the future, and always with...

Kind regards, 12/25
    (a/k/a Susan)
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

Shout out to Kathi!
    I'm pondering how I might have missed this bit of info? (Actually, I'm not pondering at all - because with the way my brain works...)

GOOD for you for walking the Survivor's Lap at your local Relay for Life! I did so, just once, several years ago - when just barely done with treatment. It was a truly moving experience.

Glad you enjoyed a BEAUTIFUL weekend!

Kind regards, Susan

Kathi and Lynn
    shout out to both of you! What a great experience to walk for something so close to your hearts!
    thanks bunches!
    Cat