Chemo put on hold for now!!!

Options
babebussie
babebussie Member Posts: 150
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I went to the dr to start my chemo so i thought and the dr decided that he wanted to try some other things first and make chemo the last resort. He took me off femera and put me on tamoxifen which i started today. You see i'm still getting my period and femera is for women that are not getting periods. I had been on femera for about a month and a half and it didnt seem to be doing what the dr wanted it to do. So.....if this works and my tumor markers start to drop then thats a wonderful thing, if not then he wants to give me a shot to stop my period then go from there. For the mean time i'll continue to do the bone infusion once a month and just wait and pray to see if this tamoxifen works.

Comments

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    So good to hear from you.
    So good to hear from you. It's strange to me that they would put you on Femara while premenopausal but I'm sure I don't have all the facts. I remember reading about one woman who avoided Tamoxifen due to fear of blood clots. She became stage IV and it was the tamoxifen that shrunk her tumours. Between the Zometa (which I think it is that you're taking) and the Tamoxifen I think your future looks a lot brighter. Have they mentioned radiating the hip?? Take a deep breath Babe, you're going to be around a long time :)

I send you my best
    love
    jan
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    ((((((((HUGS))))))))
    I agree with Phoenix, you are going to be here a LONG, LONG time! I have been encouraging ppl lately to watch the online Survivor Movie...and it has your name written all over it! I think it will bolster you and give you the encouragement you need and deserve. I don't remember if you said you saw it or not, so bear with me if I am repeating what you already know!

www.thesurvivormovie.com

Thanks for keeping us in the loop...I have a good feeling about you!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    HUGS*HUGS*HUGS*
    Nice to hear from you, sounds like your doctor is really considering all the options available for you and that is great. Keep us posted on how things go and know that you are in my thoughts Babebussie and my prayers! Now I wanted to send you a bouquet of flowers and scoured the internet for some then I recalled I had taken a photo of a lovely Bird Of Paradise while in Hawaii in 07. It comes complete with a little friend to wish you a lovely day with many many more to come!

RE
  • babebussie
    babebussie Member Posts: 150
    Options
    RE said:

HUGS*HUGS*HUGS*
    Nice to hear from you, sounds like your doctor is really considering all the options available for you and that is great. Keep us posted on how things go and know that you are in my thoughts Babebussie and my prayers! Now I wanted to send you a bouquet of flowers and scoured the internet for some then I recalled I had taken a photo of a lovely Bird Of Paradise while in Hawaii in 07. It comes complete with a little friend to wish you a lovely day with many many more to come!

RE

Thanks for the beautiful
    Thanks for the beautiful flowers RE, i love them! I too know that i will be here for a very long time, it's just gonna be a bit of a fight to stay here but like i always say God is good.
    It's funny you should mention Phoenixrising about your friend, i too didnt take the damn tamoxifen when the dr wrote the script because i cant swallow pills. I put it off and put if off and before i knew it 3 months had passed and bam i had a pain in my darn hip. Well wouldnt you know the cancer had spread to my bones. I'm not saying that had i of took the med when i was suppose to that this would not have happened but i think by me not taken it it did have a small part in the matter. Hell all i know is i want this med to work so i can get on with my life. I took my first pill today and it was pretty awful tasting but i took the damn thing and tomorrow i'll take another one and so on and so forth.
    I love you all for being so concerned about me. This whole process has been hell.
    I pray for me and everyone eles on this board everyday.

Much luv to you ladies:-)
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Sending you...
    Sending you all kinds of encouragement Babe. You are a fighter and a survivor and you will get this beat! We are all in your corner and I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs for you,
    CR
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

Thanks for the beautiful
    Thanks for the beautiful flowers RE, i love them! I too know that i will be here for a very long time, it's just gonna be a bit of a fight to stay here but like i always say God is good.
    It's funny you should mention Phoenixrising about your friend, i too didnt take the damn tamoxifen when the dr wrote the script because i cant swallow pills. I put it off and put if off and before i knew it 3 months had passed and bam i had a pain in my darn hip. Well wouldnt you know the cancer had spread to my bones. I'm not saying that had i of took the med when i was suppose to that this would not have happened but i think by me not taken it it did have a small part in the matter. Hell all i know is i want this med to work so i can get on with my life. I took my first pill today and it was pretty awful tasting but i took the damn thing and tomorrow i'll take another one and so on and so forth.
    I love you all for being so concerned about me. This whole process has been hell.

Sending you many warm hugs
    Sending you many warm hugs and best wishes babe. I know you are going to beat this and I'm glad your doctor is trying other things first because I really think that between the zometa and the tamoxifen, he is putting you on the right track. Please keep us posted. Hugs and prayers, Lili
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Bittersweet...
    While on one hand I'm so sorry for this second battle - on the other, I'm relieved that you didn't have to begin another round of chemo today. Am glad your doctor is trying other things, considering chemo as a last resort.

I'll be hoping & praying with you, babebussie, that the Tamoxifen does the job for you.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    One beautiful rose for One beautiful lady!
    You can do it babe..I just know you can. You are a strong, determined woman and you will get thru this. I, as others, are here as your support group!
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Hi Babebussie,
    I hope the

Hi Babebussie,
    I hope the tamoxifen will do the trick for you. It has kept my lung tumor from getting any larger since Jan. Maybe it will work for you like it did for me. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and Gentle Hugs,
    Donna
  • Jan_M
    Jan_M Member Posts: 116
    Options

Thanks for the beautiful

I was suppose to start the
    I was suppose to start the Femara the 1st of the month and have not because of the negatives, well you have made me re think it, I will start tomorrow. Also when I was reading about it, it is also prescribed for infertility...hope I don't get pregnant LOL,I am 56.

Many blessings going your way!