Apricot seeds

LPack
LPack Member Posts: 645
edited May 2023 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Have any of you ever taken apricot seeds? I am curious to hear your comments. I know of one young man at our church who had brain cancer stage III seven years or so ago and he said the seeds attributed to his health now.

Then another lady I know just was told her dad was done with treatments so she is going to start him on that and other supplements.

Any input from any of you teal warriors?

Love you all,
Libby ♥

Comments

• LPack
    Must not be a popular subject
    LOL

Guess no one has tried this or knows of someone who has.

So I don't think I will either. Just stay on the supplements recommended by my onc/gyn.

Have a great day today and love the weather that is coming in Ohio the next few days. Yipee!!!

Libby
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    LPack said:

LOL

So I don't think I will either. Just stay on the supplements recommended by my onc/gyn.

Have a great day today and love the weather that is coming in Ohio the next few days. Yipee!!!

Libby

Libby
    I googled "apricot seeds+cancer" and there were some readings. I did see that large doses was poison so dropped my interest. I always read what I can on the internet. I can not tell you how many people come up to me in church and others places with a sure cure for my cancer that almost always is expensive, a natural product, and part of a sales pitch. They mean well and I listen and go to the computer. Most of the medications for anything is "natural" . That does not mean they are not harmful in the wrong dose. It only means that most of our medications come from plants or animals. That is one of the first courses I had in pharmacy school. Saundra
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    LPack said:

LOL

Libby

seeds
    Apricot seeds - no, but I just received a whole email regarding taking asparagus and pureeing it and then eating 4 tsp in the morning and 4 at night. You can take it cold, hot, dilute it, etc -

We've been debating this at work, wondering why you can't just eat asparagus. What is the significance of pureeing it.

And Libby - you will LOVE the weather coming your way. A couple of weeks ago we were having snow in South Dakota and today it was 85 degrees. Tomorrow it's supposed to only be in the 50's - but today, it was awesome!

If somebody has tried the asparagus route - let me know will you? Thanks!

Kris
  • Dreamdove
    Dreamdove Member Posts: 175 Member
    kris43 said:

seeds
    Apricot seeds - no, but I just received a whole email regarding taking asparagus and pureeing it and then eating 4 tsp in the morning and 4 at night. You can take it cold, hot, dilute it, etc -

We've been debating this at work, wondering why you can't just eat asparagus. What is the significance of pureeing it.

And Libby - you will LOVE the weather coming your way. A couple of weeks ago we were having snow in South Dakota and today it was 85 degrees. Tomorrow it's supposed to only be in the 50's - but today, it was awesome!

Kris

There must be more than one cure out there......
    My sister sent me info once about flaxseed oil and cottage cheese blended together. Can you imagine. She even started eating it herself, hoping to prevent ovarian cancer but gave it up. Now I do like flaxseeds (oil, ground up or whole) and I also am very fond of cottage cheese, but I don't know about together, blended up. However, I did keep the recipe in case anyone is interested. I never tried it myself.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Tried so many for my friends
    Hi Libby, There are so many magic cures out there and I have friends bring me stuff to try over and over again. I think some people are just cured and happen to have tried them(now this is just my opinion). I have friend really pushing Reliv right now, she even said won't you at least try it for me your friend because I care. It makes it hard to know what is real and not. I would ask your team of health care professionals. Hugs bonnie
  • LPack
    LPack said:

LOL

Libby

thanks
    Thanks Ladies,

I really think that if apricot seeds cures cancer, everyone would be on it and then everyone would be well!

Just eating better would be a good step!

Yes, the weather did hit today. 80 degrees today and climbing tomorrow. Soon some will complain that it is too hot already. =) Now me, I like it hot!!

Take care girlfriends,
    libby
  • lnyeholt
    lnyeholt Member Posts: 59
    BonnieR said:

Tried so many for my friends
    Hi Libby, There are so many magic cures out there and I have friends bring me stuff to try over and over again. I think some people are just cured and happen to have tried them(now this is just my opinion). I have friend really pushing Reliv right now, she even said won't you at least try it for me your friend because I care. It makes it hard to know what is real and not. I would ask your team of health care professionals. Hugs bonnie

Laetrile Vitamin B-17
    If you Google the above, there is quite a bit of information. The information is mixed as to whether there is a benefit or not. There are people who have used either the apricot seeds or laetrile (vitamin B-17) and claim it cured or diminished their cancer. The medical community claims, with what little scientific evaluation has been done, there is no benefit. There is also some contention that the seeds may actually be toxic, as mentioned above, due to the possibility of cyanide poisoning. Even the sites that advocate their use recommend pancreatic support supplements for use along with the seeds. I'm not sure this is something that would be effective as a self-prescribed treatment.

If you type "apricot" into the search box at the top of the CSN page there are several threads that discuss the use of apricot seeds.

My opinion is that I would not choose any type of alternative medicine over traditional chemo but in the case where those therapies failed, I would definitely be looking into any available alternatives that might help.
  • Dreamdove
    lnyeholt said:

Laetrile Vitamin B-17
    If you Google the above, there is quite a bit of information. The information is mixed as to whether there is a benefit or not. There are people who have used either the apricot seeds or laetrile (vitamin B-17) and claim it cured or diminished their cancer. The medical community claims, with what little scientific evaluation has been done, there is no benefit. There is also some contention that the seeds may actually be toxic, as mentioned above, due to the possibility of cyanide poisoning. Even the sites that advocate their use recommend pancreatic support supplements for use along with the seeds. I'm not sure this is something that would be effective as a self-prescribed treatment.

If you type "apricot" into the search box at the top of the CSN page there are several threads that discuss the use of apricot seeds.

My opinion is that I would not choose any type of alternative medicine over traditional chemo but in the case where those therapies failed, I would definitely be looking into any available alternatives that might help.

Somebody should start a new topic about "cures"
    I wouldn't try anything toxic (besides chemo) but it would be interesting to see what's out there as far as what would help someone with ovarian cancer. As long as it isn't expensive, a total waste of time, it wouldn't do any harm to have that sort of information.
  • groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    Nutrition
    One of the topics covered in the Survivor's Course that I went to a couple of weeks ago was nutrition and self-doctoring. The doctor who spoke on this subject started by saying that when she first started interning, she went to a place that an accepted practice for cancer treatment was to stick charcoal up one's butt. Her second assignment was to an Amish community, where laetrile (derived from apricot seed) was in use.

My guess is her residency was in the 70's, when laetrile was all the rage as a cure. That was more than 30 years ago, and if there was anything more than an accidental "cure" quality to it, surely it would have been developed by now.
  • Dreamdove

Nutrition
    One of the topics covered in the Survivor's Course that I went to a couple of weeks ago was nutrition and self-doctoring. The doctor who spoke on this subject started by saying that when she first started interning, she went to a place that an accepted practice for cancer treatment was to stick charcoal up one's butt. Her second assignment was to an Amish community, where laetrile (derived from apricot seed) was in use.

My guess is her residency was in the 70's, when laetrile was all the rage as a cure. That was more than 30 years ago, and if there was anything more than an accidental "cure" quality to it, surely it would have been developed by now.

What can you do to slow down tumor growth and spread of cells
    Even if it turns out there are no natural cures for ovarian cancer, there may be things one could do to slow down the growth of tumors to prolong a person's life, particularly someone who would prefer not to have any more chemo treatments. Trying to keep one's body alkaline, eating very little starchy and sugary foods, eating 2-3 raw almonds per day to prevent growth of tumors, using flaxseed oil, taking in good, natural fiber to keep regular, exercise such as walking or biking outdoors, perhaps practicing yoga and meditation, making oneself useful to help others, laughing, drinking an occasional glass of red wine, eating good, lean sources of protein, avoiding high fruitose corn syrup, artificial sweetners, hydrogenated oil, eating more grapes, figs, dates, pomegranates, olives, avocados, walnuts, olive oil....hey, I'm on a roll. Any other suggestions I haven't thought of, anyone?
  • LPack
    Dreamdove said:

What can you do to slow down tumor growth and spread of cells
    Even if it turns out there are no natural cures for ovarian cancer, there may be things one could do to slow down the growth of tumors to prolong a person's life, particularly someone who would prefer not to have any more chemo treatments. Trying to keep one's body alkaline, eating very little starchy and sugary foods, eating 2-3 raw almonds per day to prevent growth of tumors, using flaxseed oil, taking in good, natural fiber to keep regular, exercise such as walking or biking outdoors, perhaps practicing yoga and meditation, making oneself useful to help others, laughing, drinking an occasional glass of red wine, eating good, lean sources of protein, avoiding high fruitose corn syrup, artificial sweetners, hydrogenated oil, eating more grapes, figs, dates, pomegranates, olives, avocados, walnuts, olive oil....hey, I'm on a roll. Any other suggestions I haven't thought of, anyone?

=)
    I don't know if there is more, but what you have just said sounds great! Are you doing all of that? I am going right now on the bike trail to walk 3 miles. Use to jog but have not for awhile. Do feel so much better after a good walk.

Have a great day and thanks,
    Libby
  • ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    LPack said:

=)
    I don't know if there is more, but what you have just said sounds great! Are you doing all of that? I am going right now on the bike trail to walk 3 miles. Use to jog but have not for awhile. Do feel so much better after a good walk.

Have a great day and thanks,
    Libby

Juicing
    Hi, I've been doing a lot like Dreamdove has written but for the past month have been I’ve also been juicing my own veggies and low sugar fruits.(pineapple, watermelon, papaya, and kiwi) I also try and keep an alkaline body; they say cancer can't grow if your body is alkaline. I also take supplements. I think a new topic should been started on this subject. It would be interesting on what everyone’s views are.
    Hugs and Prayers, Terry
  • rasunshine
    rasunshine Member Posts: 28 Member
    My natural way
    It has been a while since I stopped by to see what was up with everyone. Here in Iowa, life is grand,the sun is shining, ornamental trees are in bloom and the lilacs just popped out. How great can get.? So now to my topic. I know everyone is not into the natural way, it can be a big step particularly because you cross a line from the medicine world. After I found I had cancer back after two years I started on a journey to find out why. I went through the chemo again and again I was given a clean slate only to be told 6 months later that.. you who...MR C was BACK again, but this time I have not gotten the Doxil, which I presume is what you get the 3rd time around.I was already juicing all organic fruits and veggies and eating all organic foods, and taking Graviola and some other supplements,so I figured there has to be something wrong. Instead I have gotten the Elisa/ACT blood test. It will give you a blue print of your cells and what food or substances are causing your immune system to not function properly and attack the cancer cells. For me, it was all cow dairy, sweet potatoes, coffee, not caffiene, but the bean, all industrial chemicals that are in food and make up. cleaning supplies, shampoo, body lotions, detergents, gold, yeast molds. and a few other substances. I also had my hormones tested and found I was very estrogen positive, so now I take a natural progestrone trouche twice a day from a Natural Compound RX.
    Like some of the ladies have mentioned you need to keep your body in an alkaline state and you need to check the first urine in the morning. It can be surprising, I have spent a whole day eating and drinking high alkaline mixed with low acid to balance out and PH tested at 5.
    You can go online and get the list of foods. I also tested my iodine level, very low so I am working on that, and I do an Ascorbic flush on the a weekend morning to see how low my Vit. C Level is.
    It is like having a bad headache, you can take aspirin all you want, it goes away, but until you find the root of the problem, it will come back every time. You may also want to get your teeth checked out by a Biological Dentist. All of the mercury and silver fillings, all root canals( 8.8 toxicity was mine and that is high) and metal caps give off toxins that go into your organs. All of mine are in the right side of my mouth, and you guessed it, all of my problems and cancers have been on the right of my body. I have had the root canal tooth extracted.
    Now that I have probably bored some of you, and some I have given food for thought, my racap is, I am living off the fruits of the earth, have total faith in God that HE is guiding me in the right direction, and I am loving life. I switched my make up and toiletries to organic and love them. It takes up some time in the day to do the juicing but there are 24 hours. I do miss my glass of fine red wine in the evening, and the smell of my husband's coffee is so aromic,I would die for a hot dog on bun slathered in mustard and I can hardly wait to wear my wedding rings, but it is all for a good cause, MY HEALTH. I will be retested in 6 months and if this 60 year old body recoups and the immune system resets itself, which it should, I can ease all that back into my daily life.

I bid you all good health and remember to LET THE SUN SHINE IN.
    Stay well, Lifting you up in prayer, RASUNSHINE
  • Dreamdove

My natural way
    It has been a while since I stopped by to see what was up with everyone. Here in Iowa, life is grand,the sun is shining, ornamental trees are in bloom and the lilacs just popped out. How great can get.? So now to my topic. I know everyone is not into the natural way, it can be a big step particularly because you cross a line from the medicine world. After I found I had cancer back after two years I started on a journey to find out why. I went through the chemo again and again I was given a clean slate only to be told 6 months later that.. you who...MR C was BACK again, but this time I have not gotten the Doxil, which I presume is what you get the 3rd time around.I was already juicing all organic fruits and veggies and eating all organic foods, and taking Graviola and some other supplements,so I figured there has to be something wrong. Instead I have gotten the Elisa/ACT blood test. It will give you a blue print of your cells and what food or substances are causing your immune system to not function properly and attack the cancer cells. For me, it was all cow dairy, sweet potatoes, coffee, not caffiene, but the bean, all industrial chemicals that are in food and make up. cleaning supplies, shampoo, body lotions, detergents, gold, yeast molds. and a few other substances. I also had my hormones tested and found I was very estrogen positive, so now I take a natural progestrone trouche twice a day from a Natural Compound RX.
    Like some of the ladies have mentioned you need to keep your body in an alkaline state and you need to check the first urine in the morning. It can be surprising, I have spent a whole day eating and drinking high alkaline mixed with low acid to balance out and PH tested at 5.
    You can go online and get the list of foods. I also tested my iodine level, very low so I am working on that, and I do an Ascorbic flush on the a weekend morning to see how low my Vit. C Level is.
    It is like having a bad headache, you can take aspirin all you want, it goes away, but until you find the root of the problem, it will come back every time. You may also want to get your teeth checked out by a Biological Dentist. All of the mercury and silver fillings, all root canals( 8.8 toxicity was mine and that is high) and metal caps give off toxins that go into your organs. All of mine are in the right side of my mouth, and you guessed it, all of my problems and cancers have been on the right of my body. I have had the root canal tooth extracted.
    Now that I have probably bored some of you, and some I have given food for thought, my racap is, I am living off the fruits of the earth, have total faith in God that HE is guiding me in the right direction, and I am loving life. I switched my make up and toiletries to organic and love them. It takes up some time in the day to do the juicing but there are 24 hours. I do miss my glass of fine red wine in the evening, and the smell of my husband's coffee is so aromic,I would die for a hot dog on bun slathered in mustard and I can hardly wait to wear my wedding rings, but it is all for a good cause, MY HEALTH. I will be retested in 6 months and if this 60 year old body recoups and the immune system resets itself, which it should, I can ease all that back into my daily life.

I bid you all good health and remember to LET THE SUN SHINE IN.
    Stay well, Lifting you up in prayer, RASUNSHINE

Following some guidelines
    I don't know if I could ever be extreme but a person can follow some guidelines, not be too rigid, have a hotdog once in a once. I don't know if I would be able to stay alkaline all the time but I only had one cold this whole winter (a bad one, however.) I don't test myself but that would be a good idea. I've seen the tester strips in mailorder health catalogs. I haven't started Yoga, but if I were to study some simple positions, I might try it. Otherwise, I have done most of the things I listed above, especially the almonds. But I'm 2 years in remission right now. If it comes back, I probably will be stricter with myself. At least if you try some natural methods you feel you have some control of your health. It's not a guarantee. Very likely I've made it to 2 years because it's not my time to go yet. I have my teenage daughter to take care of. That keeps me going.
  • yes222888
    yes222888 Member Posts: 1
    B17;; Apricot Seed;;
    I have take Apricot Seed for around two years.
    Normally i take that in the weekend or in the morning.
    The quantity i take is TWO TABLESPOONS ie at least 50 kernels
    Yes, u read that right: TWO TABLESPOONS.

And i am still safe n sound up to now.

In fact, there are abundant info about that.
    Try google with "B17 Cancer".

Here's some info for ur interest:

Worldwithoutcancer.org.uk
    http://worldwithoutcancer.org.uk/

One Doctor's Experience with Nutrition in the Treatment of Cancer Patients By Philip E. Binzel, Jr., M.D
    http://www.alternative-doctor.com/cancer/binzel.html

G. Edward Griffin - A World Without Cancer - The Story Of Vitamin B17
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4312930190281243507

G. Edward Griffin - The Science and Politics of Cancer (2005)
    http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=8257934856995183554&hl=en

Cancer: Why We're Still Dying to Know the Truth
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cancer-Were-Still-Dying-Truth/dp/0953501248

Cancer cure that works.Cantron
    http://vodpod.com/watch/1872366-cancer-cure-that-works-cantron

NOTES ON VITAMIN B17
    http://www.rejoiceinlife.com/recipes/vitaminB17.php

B17 Is Helping Brain Cancer
    http://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/message/all,21519,0.htm

Groups Discussing vitamin b17 cancer | Yahoo! Groups
    http://hk.groups.yahoo.com/phrase/vitamin-b17-cancer

And of cos, u should also read the critique:
    A Special Message for Cancer Patients Seeking "Alternative" Treatments
    http://www.quackwatch.com/00AboutQuackwatch/altseek.html
  • LPack
    yes222888 said:

B17;; Apricot Seed;;
    I have take Apricot Seed for around two years.
    Normally i take that in the weekend or in the morning.
    The quantity i take is TWO TABLESPOONS ie at least 50 kernels
    Yes, u read that right: TWO TABLESPOONS.

And i am still safe n sound up to now.

In fact, there are abundant info about that.
    Try google with "B17 Cancer".

Here's some info for ur interest:

Worldwithoutcancer.org.uk
    http://worldwithoutcancer.org.uk/

One Doctor's Experience with Nutrition in the Treatment of Cancer Patients By Philip E. Binzel, Jr., M.D
    http://www.alternative-doctor.com/cancer/binzel.html

G. Edward Griffin - A World Without Cancer - The Story Of Vitamin B17
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4312930190281243507

G. Edward Griffin - The Science and Politics of Cancer (2005)
    http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=8257934856995183554&hl=en

Cancer: Why We're Still Dying to Know the Truth
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cancer-Were-Still-Dying-Truth/dp/0953501248

Cancer cure that works.Cantron
    http://vodpod.com/watch/1872366-cancer-cure-that-works-cantron

NOTES ON VITAMIN B17
    http://www.rejoiceinlife.com/recipes/vitaminB17.php

B17 Is Helping Brain Cancer
    http://www.cancercompass.com/message-board/message/all,21519,0.htm

Groups Discussing vitamin b17 cancer | Yahoo! Groups
    http://hk.groups.yahoo.com/phrase/vitamin-b17-cancer

And of cos, u should also read the critique:
    A Special Message for Cancer Patients Seeking "Alternative" Treatments
    http://www.quackwatch.com/00AboutQuackwatch/altseek.html

apricot seeds
    I know a young man who had bone cancer in his leg 11 years ago. He took about 40 apricot seeds per day.

He is now 24 and the cancer is back in his leg.

Who really knows?

He of course is back on chemo, will have knee operation and then chemo again.

Libby
  • anitarj
    anitarj Member Posts: 12
    Dreamdove said:

My sister sent me info once about flaxseed oil and cottage cheese blended together. Can you imagine. She even started eating it herself, hoping to prevent ovarian cancer but gave it up. Now I do like flaxseeds (oil, ground up or whole) and I also am very fond of cottage cheese, but I don't know about together, blended up. However, I did keep the recipe in case anyone is interested. I never tried it myself.

I read your post and
    I read your post and instantly thought of my mother. She loves cottage cheese with flaxseed oil and salsa. She can make a whole meal of it. Anita
  • queenieb52
    queenieb52 Member Posts: 48 Member
    kris43 said:

seeds

Kris

I got that same email...
    Kris....hello! I got that same email last week, as someone sent it to my sister. I didn't get the pureed part either. And...since I'm not a big fan of asparagus, I'm hesitant to even try to get it to my lips!! But if someone can show me some merit it from it, I would definitely 'swallow' it!! LOL...I wish we had some of that 50* weather here in South Florida...the heat index today here was 105...I've only been here just under 3 yrs from central upstate NY, and I could use some of those cooling winds right now! Pass on any info u may get on the asparagus...Thanks much!

Beth
  • Dreamdove said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator