Next week is surgery.

FAPMom47
FAPMom47 Member Posts: 68
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey I have not been posting trying to get things at home set up. I have 3 children 17,10,and 8
and I almost forgot 36 lol, that's my husband he has been wonderful and will have his hands full will us. I am getting nervous and try to stay calm and not worry, but for me it's hard. The surgery is to fix another drs. mess up. Which is not good, I was dx with rectal cancer and FAP and when they did perm. ileostomy for some stupid reason left 2 cm and it has to be removed. It is going to be rough and hard to heal because I had radiation in the area. But I have faith in the new surgeon at a better hospital. It is Wake Forest Baptist Association Hospital. 2 hours from home but I feel better with the drs. up there. They seem to know a bunch more then the first team. So I will still be checking in from time to time, my husband has a laptop so I will be living in a recliner for 6-8 weeks. I will pray for everyone and keep you in my thoughts as I get ready for this.

Many Hugs and Prayers
Jackie

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Good Luck!
    I wish you well with your surgery and a speedy recovery! Glad you found a team you could trust as well!

Hugssss!
    ~Donna
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    I will be praying
    and I will be arriving probably as you are leaving! My surgery is set for the 18th, with prep being the 17th. I will pray your surgery and recovery go well, I am sure they will! I had my last surgery at Baptist and was very pleased with the stay (well, as pleased as one can be with THAT mess!).
    mary
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Jackie
    Best wishes to you as you get ready and go through this surgery! I will pray for the entire team working on you that there will be success, no complications, you'll have a good recovery, etc.
    You take care!!

Lisa
  • FAPMom47
    Donna, Mary and Lisa
    Thank you for the encouragement sometimes it gets so hard. But I will not let this get me, I lost my Mom in 2000, and if the drs. did it right the first time I would not have to go through this. To hear the words RECTAL CANCER FREE!! makes it worth the pain. Thank you again.

Many Hugs and Prayers
    Jackie
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    FAPMom47 said:

Donna, Mary and Lisa
    Thank you for the encouragement sometimes it gets so hard. But I will not let this get me, I lost my Mom in 2000, and if the drs. did it right the first time I would not have to go through this. To hear the words RECTAL CANCER FREE!! makes it worth the pain. Thank you again.

Many Hugs and Prayers
    Jackie

Good Luck
    yes, it is hard to go through....even harder the second time
    around but if you can keep an image in your mind of going
    through the surgery without pain and imagine yourself as
    healed and well again and other positive thoughts, it may
    erase the negative fearful feelings.....I practiced positive
    thoughts and images starting a week before my surgery and
    surprised myself on the day of surgery at how calm I was....
    I felt positive I would get through it and sailed through
    the prep time without having the shakes which I usually
    have before something like that.....hoping the best for you.

Hugs,
    Barbara
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Surgery
    I know you are scared. I am just a month out of rectal cancer surgery and yes it was rough and still is, but I am managing quit well and getting better all the time. Just remember to walk when you are allowed to. The more you walk, the faster you will heal.

I pray for your team of doctors and am glad that you found one you could trust and feel confident in. That is very important. Let us know how you are doing. Kim
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Jackie
    Good luck on your surgery and recovery. As others said, walk, walk, walk as soon as you can. It makes a difference. BUT don't overdo it on other activities. It will take a while to get your strength back. Let hubby pamper you!

Many hugs, Vicki
  • Monicaemilia
    Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
    Everything will go well....
    Jackie: I haven't been able to keep up with the board in the last few weeks, so I was not aware that you were going to have surgery. This is wonderful news and I understand that Wake Baptist is a great hospital. I have already had four surgeries and I was up and about within a few days. Not dancing, mind you, but up and about. Good luck! Monica
  • FAPMom47
    Thank you for the positive!
    Thank everyone for helping me thru the days. I enjoy this board and will keep you all in my prayers. I will keep you informed asap.
    Many Hugs and Prayers
    Jackie