How many scans have you had? Do you know???

kristasplace
kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Every time i get another scan done, the techs always ask me if this is my first...whatever. All i ever say is "no". I've had dozens of scans, and i've tried to remember each one. I used to keep track of the CT scans, and now, i have no idea how many i've had. I've had probably a dozen MRI of various parts of the body including my head, back, abdomen and pelvis (numerous times), and one bone scan. I thought it might be interesting to see if anyone really knows how many scans (CT, MRI, Bone, PET) they've had?

I get treatment at a teaching hospital, so i've been a guinea pig for several tests. Has anyone had the electric shock neuropathy test? Any other weird scans or tests, please list them. Oh, i forgot mammograms. I've had three of those, and four ultrasounds. I've never had a PET scan.

Krista

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Scans
    I've had dozens and dozens of CT scans over the past 5 years, maybe 2-4 PET scans and only 1 MRI which I will never forget because it was of my head and it was like having your head in a metal can while someone hits it with a very large sledgehammer for 20 minutes.

No Mammograms, Dadograms, or Electric Shocks.

Oh, 1-2 sonograms too. Not pregnant
    -phil
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Memory
    If memory serves me correctly:

CT Scans
    2006 = 4
    2007 = 5
    2008 = 4
    2009 - 1 (as of Apr 09)

Sonograms (female reasons)
    2008 = 6

Mamograms = 4 or 5
  • KFalvey
    KFalvey Member Posts: 118 Member
    How many scans?
    Hi Krista,

I've had 8 CTs of chest, abdomen and pelvis, 5 PET scans and 10 X-rays for abdominal blockages in 4 years since being diagnosed. Never had a MRI, not sure why not. Probably a dozen mammagrams in my lifetime so far. Presently in remission. Being scanned too often does concern me; fortunately my CEA test are excellent indicators for me so I get tested regularly that way.

Kandy
  • kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Scans
    dozens (lost count) of CT's
    3 PET/CT
    6 MRI's
    7 mammograms
    3 dexascans
    countless sonograms

And one of my clinical studies (ic green) includes florescent green dye injections. It gives me my superpowers! hehehe

Kimby
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375 Member
    Scans
    Hmmmm... I thought this was going to be easy to answer, but now I'm not sure ;)

CAT Scans: numerous... I'd say 7-10 since Dec 2006
    CAT during procedures: CAT scan-assisted adrenal gland biopsy; CAT scan-assisted Lung RFA procedure.
    PET Scans: 2
    XRays: 3
    PET/CT Scans: 2
    Ultrasounds: 3
    Bone Scans: 1

At least, that is what I remember.

Hugggggggs,

Cheryl
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

Scans
    Hmmmm... I thought this was going to be easy to answer, but now I'm not sure ;)

CAT Scans: numerous... I'd say 7-10 since Dec 2006
    CAT during procedures: CAT scan-assisted adrenal gland biopsy; CAT scan-assisted Lung RFA procedure.
    PET Scans: 2
    XRays: 3
    PET/CT Scans: 2
    Ultrasounds: 3
    Bone Scans: 1

At least, that is what I remember.

Hugggggggs,

Cheryl

Well....
    I'm a newbie and get my first CT scan since I was diagnosed in Jan, next Friday! woopee!

Scared :(
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    OK - I am a data junkie, so
    OK - I am a data junkie, so I'll reply:

CTs (18)
    2005 - 4
    2006 - 5
    2007 - 4
    2008 - 3
    2009 - 2

PETs (15)
    2005 - 3
    2006 - 5
    2007 - 4
    2008 - 3
    2009 - 0

MRIs (2)
    2006 - 2

Betsy
    diagnosed Stage IV (liver met) 5/05
    Sigmoid colectomy 6/05
    Xeloda/oxaliplatin/Avastin - 6 cycles, completed 11/05
    NED since 10/05
    Small lung nodule, technically PET negative, shows up in 11/08 scan
    Nodule removed via VATS 4/17/09 - colorectal met
    Xeloda and Avastin therapy to start 5/18 - nominal plan is 6 cycles Xeloda plus continue Avastin for another 6 months
  • KFalvey
    KFalvey Member Posts: 118 Member

OK - I am a data junkie, so
    OK - I am a data junkie, so I'll reply:

CTs (18)
    2005 - 4
    2006 - 5
    2007 - 4
    2008 - 3
    2009 - 2

PETs (15)
    2005 - 3
    2006 - 5
    2007 - 4
    2008 - 3
    2009 - 0

MRIs (2)
    2006 - 2

Betsy
    diagnosed Stage IV (liver met) 5/05
    Sigmoid colectomy 6/05
    Xeloda/oxaliplatin/Avastin - 6 cycles, completed 11/05
    NED since 10/05
    Small lung nodule, technically PET negative, shows up in 11/08 scan
    Nodule removed via VATS 4/17/09 - colorectal met
    Xeloda and Avastin therapy to start 5/18 - nominal plan is 6 cycles Xeloda plus continue Avastin for another 6 months

Sorry you had a recurrance
    Hi Betsy,

I'm so sorry to hear of your recent problems; I've thought I was keeping up on most of the oldtimers on here, but this took me by surprise. I was really hoping you would stay clean. It kind of scares me since I've been clear for 16 months without any treatment of any kind. I had VATS on my right lung 7/07 and the bottom of the left lobe removed 11/07. The VATS was much easier to recover from. I also had another resection 12/07 on recto/sigmoid area. It was a rough 6 months.
    I do hope you are feeling better. Sorry you have to start chemo again. I decided not to do that. Changed my diet and taking supplements to boost my immune system to keep it away.
    Best of Luck with your treatments!

Kandy
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Mum why Do I glow in the dark?
    2 cat scans a year for the first five years . Another 4 since. 2 full body bone scans. Numerous ultrasounds. 1 eltric shock neuropathy test. And I never want to hear the phrase "now just a little prick" as long as I live....as if...Cheers Ron.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Just Curious
    Is there a prize for the most scanned?
    :-)