Great News

2»

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Sandi1 said:

My hubby
    My husband's treatment plan was colon surgery to remove the tumor, then a month to recouperate, then started 6 months of aggressive chemo with 5FU, Avastin & oxiplatin. He was only able to do 4 months of oxi, and they took him off of that and put him on something else, I don't know what the name of that was. He did not have surgery on his liver or lungs as there were too many tumors, He had 5 tumors on his liver and 40 to 50 small tumors on both of his lungs. The oncologist said he will be evaluated in 3 months again and if everything is clear, she said maybe we could stop chemo for a while.

I hope this helps.

Sandi

NED question
    Sandi said: He did not have surgery on his liver or lungs as there were too many tumors, He had 5 tumors on his liver and 40 to 50 small tumors on both of his lungs.

Sandi, did the 5 and 50 tumors go away?

Diane
  • Sandi1
    Sandi1 Member Posts: 277

NED question
    Sandi said: He did not have surgery on his liver or lungs as there were too many tumors, He had 5 tumors on his liver and 40 to 50 small tumors on both of his lungs.

Sandi, did the 5 and 50 tumors go away?

Diane

Tumors
    Diane,

Yes, they did go away - or shrunk so small that they can't see them anymore, not even on the CT Scan. Either way they are not active.

Sandi
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Sandi1 said:

Tumors
    Diane,

Yes, they did go away - or shrunk so small that they can't see them anymore, not even on the CT Scan. Either way they are not active.

Sandi

How wonderful!
    That's GREAT! Amazing! I'm so happy for y'all!

Diane
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    Sandi1 said:

Tumors
    Diane,

Sandi

WOW
    What a great response to the Chemo- Hoping you never see them again!!! Congratulations again on NED.

Dawn
  • Sandi1
    Sandi1 Member Posts: 277
    dmdwins said:

WOW
    What a great response to the Chemo- Hoping you never see them again!!! Congratulations again on NED.

Dawn

Thank you
    Thank you so much, we have not stopped celebrating since we found out. My husband is back to riding his motorcycle, and has even taken me out a couple of times (I have never riden before, I think I like it), but I would do almost anything for my husband. I am lucky to have him in my life, and for him to be as strong as he is.

Thank you for all your well wishes! I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sandi
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Wow!
    That is such great news; I am happy for you; it continues
    to amaze me how many advances have been made in treating
    this dreaded disease....keep the good health going!

Barbara