Great News

Sandi1
Sandi1 Member Posts: 277
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My husband - stage 4 with mets to liver and lungs - just got his results from his pet scan - HE IS NED!!!! We are very happy, we are celebrating tonight.

Sandi

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Naked Happy Dance!
    Be sure to enjoy the HECK out of this good news! I know you are giddy with relief! Thanks for sharing your good news!
    mary
  • jenben59
    jenben59 Member Posts: 136 Member
    Great to hear the...
    good news. It gives us hope that some day we will be NED. Thank you and best wishes for the future.
  • sheri22
    sheri22 Member Posts: 273
    deserve to celebrate
    Sandi
    I always love to hear the NED news congratulations to your husband, every time we see the NED posts it gives us more hope and strength to fight this monster
    have fun tonightSheri22
  • peterhw
    peterhw Member Posts: 69
    Very good news
    Hi Sandi,

That is really wonderful news. I am very happy for you and your husband.
    I am on my second line of chemo Folfiri + Avastin. Hope it work this time.

Peter
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Woohoo!
    Awesome!!! I know y'all are happy to get THAT news! Woohoo!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    WhoooHoooo
    Yipeeeee. Wow time to break out the dancing shoes. You go and celebrate and do it up big. That is just wonderful news. Kim
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431

WhoooHoooo
    Yipeeeee. Wow time to break out the dancing shoes. You go and celebrate and do it up big. That is just wonderful news. Kim

Hallelujah
    Very good news; have been keeping track of your situation
    in your posts......what a relief and I am sure you feel
    like a ton has been lifted off you. Best wishes for NED
    to stick around a long time.

Barbara
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    That's Wonderful!
    I'm so glad to hear this Sandi and Hubby! Wonderful news!

I remembered you in prayer and will continue to do so!

God Bless,
    Diane
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    wonderful
    Sandi,

This is such wonderful news to hear! Enjoy and celebrate!

Blessings,
    Lisa
  • Sandi1
    Thank you
    I just want to thank all of you that have prayed for us and wished us happiness. I also want to thank all of you that helped me through the roughest time of my life, but just listening and answering all my questions. I also want to let all of you that are still fighting, to keep fighting, it's true, prayers, and positive attitudes really help, oh yeah, and the chemo. So when you are feeling down, or feel like nothing is working just keep thinking about when I'm better, I will do everything I want. My husband did not let cancer take over our lives. We went down hill skiing when he was 5 months into treatment, then we went on a 2 mile hike in the moutains the very next day.

There were times when I thought, I hope we can be NED someday - well someday is here. You have to pray for it and wish for it, and believe you will be NED at the end of your treatment. My husband will be on maintenance chemo for the rest of his life, but that is a small price to pay to keep the beast away.

Best wishes to all of you, I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sandi
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Sandi1 said:

Thank you
    I just want to thank all of you that have prayed for us and wished us happiness. I also want to thank all of you that helped me through the roughest time of my life, but just listening and answering all my questions. I also want to let all of you that are still fighting, to keep fighting, it's true, prayers, and positive attitudes really help, oh yeah, and the chemo. So when you are feeling down, or feel like nothing is working just keep thinking about when I'm better, I will do everything I want. My husband did not let cancer take over our lives. We went down hill skiing when he was 5 months into treatment, then we went on a 2 mile hike in the moutains the very next day.

There were times when I thought, I hope we can be NED someday - well someday is here. You have to pray for it and wish for it, and believe you will be NED at the end of your treatment. My husband will be on maintenance chemo for the rest of his life, but that is a small price to pay to keep the beast away.

Sandi

Sandi
    Wonderful news! My best wishes to you and your husband.

Many hugs and prayers! Vicki
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    VickiCO said:

Sandi
    Wonderful news! My best wishes to you and your husband.

Many hugs and prayers! Vicki

Magic letters
    So happy you heard those magic letters- NED!!

Dawn
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    NED- Yes!
    Sandi,
    That is wonderful!! NED forever!
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • colon2
    colon2 Member Posts: 183

NED- Yes!
    Sandi,
    That is wonderful!! NED forever!
    Aloha,
    Kathleen

Gives us all hope
    So glad for you. We all love to hear that someone is NED. It's the best news we can share with each other. You two enjoy and keep celebrating.
    God Bless You Both, Carletta
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    GREAT!
    That is fantastic!!! Wonderful news. I hope that spreads to all of us.
    Celebrate, you deserve it.
    All the best,
    -phil
  • ruggersocks
    ruggersocks Member Posts: 78 Member
    Awesome!
    I hope you both are celebrating hard! so good to hear NED is making it's rounds to everyone.

Love it!

Cheryl P.
  • Wenchie
    Wenchie Member Posts: 88
    Great News
    Yahoo for Sandi and her hubby! Sandi1, I too have stage IV with lung mets. Can you tell me what your hubby's treatment plan was and did he have lung surgery?
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Sandi1 said:

Thank you

Sandi

curious
    First of all Congradulations on being NED, that is so awesome!!!

I was just wondering why it is your hubby will have to be on maintenance chemo for life? Who decided this and why? Just curious. I too am stage 4, met to lung, had it removed and doing mop up chemo now. My ONC has not ever mentioned doing maintenance chemo, is there a reason because the cancer went to both his lung and liver?

Just wondering.

God Bless
    Beth
  • Sandi1
    dorookie said:

curious
    First of all Congradulations on being NED, that is so awesome!!!

I was just wondering why it is your hubby will have to be on maintenance chemo for life? Who decided this and why? Just curious. I too am stage 4, met to lung, had it removed and doing mop up chemo now. My ONC has not ever mentioned doing maintenance chemo, is there a reason because the cancer went to both his lung and liver?

Just wondering.

God Bless
    Beth

Maintenance Chemo
    The oncologist decided that he should do maintenance chemo, to make sure that the cancer never comes back. She said the cancer is always lurking somewhere in his body and if he does not keep the chemo up that it will come back and next time it will come back twice as bad as before. He had too many tumors on his liver and lungs to operate on, he only had the one in his colon removed.

I hope that answers some of your questons.

Sandi
  • Sandi1
    Wenchie said:

Great News
    Yahoo for Sandi and her hubby! Sandi1, I too have stage IV with lung mets. Can you tell me what your hubby's treatment plan was and did he have lung surgery?

My hubby
    My husband's treatment plan was colon surgery to remove the tumor, then a month to recouperate, then started 6 months of aggressive chemo with 5FU, Avastin & oxiplatin. He was only able to do 4 months of oxi, and they took him off of that and put him on something else, I don't know what the name of that was. He did not have surgery on his liver or lungs as there were too many tumors, He had 5 tumors on his liver and 40 to 50 small tumors on both of his lungs. The oncologist said he will be evaluated in 3 months again and if everything is clear, she said maybe we could stop chemo for a while.

I hope this helps.

Sandi