New to board

Options
djteach
djteach Member Posts: 273
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone,
My name is Donna and I have stage IV b/c with mets. in my vertebra and lung. I was diagnosed in Sept. 2005. Right now I'm on Tamoxefin and am doing fair. I have a question. Do you get many stage IV people posting on this board? I'm having trouble finding us. That doesn't mean I don't want to hear from anyone else. I need all the support I can get. I haven't posted my history yet, but I will when I get the energy.
You appear to have a very supportive group and that is what I'm looking for. Thank you for reading this.

Gentle Hugs,
Donna

Comments

• ohilly
    ohilly Member Posts: 441
    Options
    your question
    Welcome to the board! And congratulations for going strong despite having stage IV: you are an inspiration to us all.

My cancer was stage I. I don't know about stage IV people being on this board, but one suggestion I have is to call up the American Cancer Society and ask them about Metastatic Cancer survivors organizations. I am from Chicago and I believe there is one locally.

Again, welcome!

Ohilly
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Hi donna
    Yes we are a very strong support group and you have come to the right place. We will be here for you any time nite or day and you can vent,, ask questions whatever you feel like saying or asking is safe with us. another sister to love and encourage.. you are cool here and i love you.
    God bless
    jackie
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    djteach,
    Sorry you have a

djteach,
    Sorry you have a reason to join us, but welcome. Yes, there are stage IV survivors who post on this board. I am sure they will respond to you in time. The suggestion to contact ACS is good too. They have support groups all over the country and they can offer many different types of help.

Take care, seof
  • Ltalcott
    Ltalcott Member Posts: 119
    Options
    more resources
    Check out the discussion "on the journey but no sense of direction." Joe posted a link to another discussion board that has a Stage IV discussion group.

Lots of the other discussions here will be helpful for you, too, though.

Best of luck.

Lisa
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Link
    Hi, Donna, if you will look under the thread "On the Journey...", there is a posting that includes a link to a stage 4 forum. It is under a post titled Cheesehead something or other.

My husband, who is from WI, posted it for a sister here who is from WI and who also is dealing with stage 4. He is the computer expert in the family. Sorry I don't know how to create a link for you myself. It is breastcancer.org, I believe.

I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis. It sounds as if you are dealing with it very bravely and straightforwardly.
  • peggy65
    peggy65 Member Posts: 100
    Options
    hi donna, this website will
    hi donna, this website will give you strength when you need it and a laugh when you need it. i send my support and a big hug to you. peggy
  • tami90650
    tami90650 Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Welcome
    Welcome to the board Donna. You will find support here and also others traveling the same path with stage 4. I had stage 2a so I dont know much about stage 4, but were here for you, praying for you and supporting you. Keep on writing, some one will respond too. Of course we all will anyways. Once again welcome.
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    tami90650 said:

Welcome
    Welcome to the board Donna. You will find support here and also others traveling the same path with stage 4. I had stage 2a so I dont know much about stage 4, but were here for you, praying for you and supporting you. Keep on writing, some one will respond too. Of course we all will anyways. Once again welcome.

Hey Donna. Welcome to the
    Hey Donna. Welcome to the best board on the net...one which includes all stages of cancer. This site is by far the best source of any kind of information you may seek, and lots of inspiration and hopefulness. If there is a question, someone on this board has been there, done that, and are perfectly willing to share their own personal experience. Like Moopy said, there is a site that has a thread specializing in Stage IV breast cancer patients, and it is helpful. This will primarily let you hear from ONLY Stage IV patients. The site is www.breastcancer.org. You might try there also, but please come back to this board when you need to talk, vent, scream, laugh, and be comforted by the real people who experience your pain. We are here for you. Hugs.

Judy
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Hi Donna
    Welcome. There are women here from all stages of cancer, although not as many stage IV ladies. This is a general board and we discuess everything, from treatment and diagnosis to life after cancer, and our personal lives. You are most welcome here. I do second the notion of also getting in contact with a stage IV group, whether online or in person. They will have more answers to your specific questions. We all support each other here, but we are a diverse bunch, too. For instance, because I am on the younger side, I also belong to a support group for women under 40. There I get unique perspectives to some of my more specific concerns. You can never have enough support!

Mimi
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    mimivac said:

Hi Donna
    Welcome. There are women here from all stages of cancer, although not as many stage IV ladies. This is a general board and we discuess everything, from treatment and diagnosis to life after cancer, and our personal lives. You are most welcome here. I do second the notion of also getting in contact with a stage IV group, whether online or in person. They will have more answers to your specific questions. We all support each other here, but we are a diverse bunch, too. For instance, because I am on the younger side, I also belong to a support group for women under 40. There I get unique perspectives to some of my more specific concerns. You can never have enough support!

Mimi

donna
    1 was st 4. j xxxxxxxx
  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Welcome Donna
    I am the cheesehead that Joe sent the link to. I haven't had time to thank him...but THANKS JOE!...I've been reading, feeling, thinking, digging, etc. I agree with the posts on your thread...this discussion board has it all...from life affirming schemes and dreams, to tips for handling side effects.

I too am stage 4, three cycles of chemo down, one more to go before we take another look see...responding on the board is weird...these ladies know so much! but coming to this board is a daily dose of connection that I would not miss.

And I have the most beautiful grandbaby...Jordan Rose...that I plan on spending a lifetime loving. 14 months old and truly a gift.