Hoppy Bunny Day!

Options
chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I do hope that Hoppy Bunny Day is politically correct enough for as diverse a group of women and men as we are! For whatever reason we are celebrating ( or not!) I simply want to take the time to say how much I am awed by each one of you. Whether newly diagnosed, depressed, scared, halfway through treatment, finishing up~ wherever we are maneuvering this maze of life with cancer thrown in, THANK YOU from the depths of my soul for posting and reading here on these amazing boards.

I am honored to be in your company. You inspire me, encourage me, and remind me that we are truly linked in ways that are so important...we are connected with delicate, unbreakable heart-strings.

As some of you have realized, I don't have too many original ideas, but I readily "borrow" and make my own things which seem poignant. So, to quote again from the movie The Great Debaters: "We do what we have to do, so we can do what we want to do".

If you like those words as I do, I "hoppily" share them with you! They have gotten me through some tough times, and have made the journey easier on those days when I needed the boost.

I just thought you should know!

Hugs,
Claudia

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Happy bunny day to you as well
    You are an amazing person, Claudia. And I think you know how many of us look up to you (literally?!) and love your perspective on things. I do not celebrate Easter or Passover, but in a way I do. I love the idea of family getting together, of an "occasion" to be grateful and share with each other. That's why I love all the holidays. We learn from each other here. It is a tremendous comfort. Happy spring, too!

Mimi
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I just love those chocolate
    I just love those chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies. They only sell them at Easter. Just one more thing to look forward to.
  • Ltalcott
    Ltalcott Member Posts: 119
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I just love those chocolate
    I just love those chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies. They only sell them at Easter. Just one more thing to look forward to.

seasonal special
    And since they are just sold at Easter, they are that much better.

I love Peeps, those sugar-coated marshmellows in chick shapes--except now they come in Christmas tree shapes, pumpkin shapes, valentine heart shapes....It isn't as special when you can get them any time!

lisa
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Look who's talking, Chen I
    Look who's talking, Chen I think you have been an "enormous" inspiration to all of us. Between you and Joyce, you very eloquently voice our fears, concerns and share the good times too. Thank you for being our friend. Hugs, Lili

Happy Bunny Day or Passover or to whatever you decide to celebrate or not celebrate, this is a great opportunity to enjoy company. Hugs to all.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

Look who's talking, Chen I
    Look who's talking, Chen I think you have been an "enormous" inspiration to all of us. Between you and Joyce, you very eloquently voice our fears, concerns and share the good times too. Thank you for being our friend. Hugs, Lili

Happy Bunny Day or Passover or to whatever you decide to celebrate or not celebrate, this is a great opportunity to enjoy company. Hugs to all.

Wow......50ft?
    Is this why we all look up to you?...Or is it just because you are a wonderful lady with a great sense of humour who understands what horrors we have all been through? EVERY-DAY is a day to celebrate knowing each other~! Big Hugs to ALL in here Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    HAPPY THOUGHTS COMING YOUR WAY!
    Chen, thank you for the awesome quote. You my dear are certainly an inspiration to many of us, I certainly hope you realize this. You are often poignant and quite often inspire laughter which is great medicine for the mind and soul.

I wish you a wonderful Easter irregardless of how, why or if you celebrate it. Have a great weekend and know that you are both loved and appreciated!

RE
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Hoppy Bunny Day to you too
    And to everyone else. You can all have your marshmallow bunnies. I'm going for the mini Cadbury eggs. Yummmmmmmmm

Jadie
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Jadie said:

Hoppy Bunny Day to you too
    And to everyone else. You can all have your marshmallow bunnies. I'm going for the mini Cadbury eggs. Yummmmmmmmm

Jadie

No Marshmellow Bunnies 4 Me
    I love the See's candy eggs which we will be enjoying on Sunday. Yummy yummy yummy!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm, chocolate!!!!
    As long as it's dark. And Belgian...mmmmmmm.....

Hoppy Day back at you!

Hugs, Kathi

(This from the gentile that was spotted at a local market with a VERY large box of matzos under her arm...lol!!!!!)
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    delicate, unbreakable, heart strings
    I love that Claudia and i love all of my sisters here who have given me so much support and strength. May God Bless you this Easter and always. As for me i think I'll go fishing,
    love you all
    Happy Easter!!
    Jackie
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Awwwwwwwwwww Claudia........
    You are such a sweetheart! You have been an anchor for me all through this journey! So I am thanking YOU!
    Happy Bunny Day to you!!

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs!
    CR
  • chili
    chili Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Family time
    I view this Holiday - or weekend - or however we choose to celebrate - as a time for family. Those that don't have the support of their family have found one at this site. I feel very blessed to be surrounded by family, friends, and my new family here at this time in my life and in my journey with cancer. You are all amazing and inspirational, which is what is needed at this time. Thank you all!
  • tami90650
    tami90650 Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Hoppy bunny day to you too
    Thank you for your kind words and the inspiration those words brought to me. Hoppy bunny day to you too. love you
    tami