Onc postponed my chemo...

jenben59
jenben59 Member Posts: 136 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Tuesday. I woke up at 3:00am sick as a dog. When I went for Chemo Tuesday morning and Onc heard how sick I was the night before she postponed it for one week. I went right home and slept from about 4:00pm until now! (about 6:00am the next morning!) I woke up feeling really good. I'm happy for the time being and feel like I can get out and do something. Another bit of good news for me...I am finally getting a place to live after the flood! It's been 6 months and I'm happy to have my own apartment again. I've been living with my brother and his wife, then with my daughter. My son is living with a friend and his family. So to me I have a "home base" again and that means a lot to me. I appreciate everyone listening to me...all of you rank right up there in sainthood!

Comments

• tiny one
    tiny one Member Posts: 465 Member
    chemo
    Sorry to hear that you were so sick. I'm glad you're feeling good. Good news on your new place. It's hard enough to go thru treatment let alone have to deal with life issues. You're a strong survivor. God bless.
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    tiny one said:

chemo
    Sorry to hear that you were so sick. I'm glad you're feeling good. Good news on your new place. It's hard enough to go thru treatment let alone have to deal with life issues. You're a strong survivor. God bless.

Sounds great!
    Good luck with your new place, it's hard bouncing around from home to home, I been there, but there's nothing like having your own space! Glad to hear your feeling better, and sometimes, your body just wants that sleep! it's just catching up with you, things should get better with you now :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Postponement
    Hi Jenben,

I'm so glad you finally got your own place. Living out of boxes and suitcases is a draaagggg. I'm sorry that you had to postpone your treatment, but I know there was a little relief, too. You know, you want to get it over with, but you're happy for a few days of feeling better. Blessings on you!

Kirsten
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Sorry & Happy!
    Sorry you were so sick, Happy you got a break. It sounds like you needed it. And very happy you have a new home! Won't it be nice to have your own space, and to be able to put things away finally!

Many hugs, Vicki
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Chemo Holiday!!
    Hi Jenben...

This is one of those bad news/good news scenarios. I had a few postponements during my treatments. A mixed blessing... but a blessing no less. I hope you are able to enjoy your extra week off chemo. Maybe even enjoy a coke or two!!

Rob; in Vancouver