A new Kumbaya thread

scouty
scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I started a new thread because this thread is a hopefully fun and lighter kind of post but with KathiM's news that all changed. I have now made 2 distinct threads so both messages can be replied to appropriately.

SEMI-COLONS ROCK!!!!!!!!

I just realized Kumbaya and Key West both start with the letter K!!! Lord knows this board could use a little of both SO............

How bout attending Colon Palooza 7 in Key West Oct 21-25 to experience first hand what this board is really all about. FYI, I can guarantee you we do not talk about religion or politics like has been done on here the last few days. Talk is cheap so we prefer to walk the talk and let our actions speak for us. Everyone is welcome and I can assure you that your sides will ache from the laughter with some of the most awesome people you will ever meet, fellow semi-colons!!!!

There are other threads about CP7 if you want to learn more or feel free to contact me if you have questions.

As Stacy referred to in her thread, there have been other somewhat contentious threads over the years but as a "graduate", I kind of laugh about them now but mostly I miss those that were part of our family back then. Cancer is serious stuff and this board is much more about helping and healing, it is not about any one individual or any one belief. Diversity makes the world go round so come join us in sunny Florida to watch some beautiful sunsets, catch a few rays and see why Hemingway loved it.

We only have 5 more rooms at the great rates. I can get more but I'm not sure the rates will be as good. The more the merrier!!!

I would like to ask some of the others that attend the Paloozas to tell you what attending the event means/meant to them, especially those that have been "newbies" the last few years.

Thanks in advance and I hope to see you in Key West.

SEMI-COLONS ROCK!!!!!

Lisa P.

Comments

• spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    KUMBAYA?
    Oh, no, Scouty...

I sang Kumbaya in VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL! You're just trying to keep this whole thing going, aren't you! You're subtle and slick, but I found you out, you FIEND!

Looking at my schedule I MIGHT home in Key West - I might not. I will be just getting back from a patrol if I am. Of course, we'll do lunch on board the ship if that's the case (I promise no ravioli and pizza this time!)

Anyway, I note above that you suggested we not discuss religion or politics... I would like to humbly submit that we also not discuss North Carolina BASKETBALL either.

Love ya, Darlin'

- SB
  • scouty
    spongebob said:

KUMBAYA?
    Oh, no, Scouty...

I sang Kumbaya in VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL! You're just trying to keep this whole thing going, aren't you! You're subtle and slick, but I found you out, you FIEND!

Looking at my schedule I MIGHT home in Key West - I might not. I will be just getting back from a patrol if I am. Of course, we'll do lunch on board the ship if that's the case (I promise no ravioli and pizza this time!)

Anyway, I note above that you suggested we not discuss religion or politics... I would like to humbly submit that we also not discuss North Carolina BASKETBALL either.

Love ya, Darlin'

- SB

Me a fiend!!!!
    Not me Ms Scarlet, I don't know nothing about birthin no babies!!!

We have plenty of time and I wasn't planning on announcing any kind of an agenda until we knew exactly what your schedule was. Lunch on your ship would be wonderful and I personally don't care if it's canned ravioli again or not. To be honest I love that stuff and have a can in my pantry for an every other month treat! Just don't tell Em (he he).

CP1 in Biloxi 01/05 will always be so special to me. I was just out of treatment and not expecting to be around for very long given my choice to stop chemo, so coming to a city to meet some people I had never met before was pretty scary. I will never forget coming down the escalator to the baggage claim area to where you were waiting to give me a ride. My heart warms and my eyes tear up just remembering the emotions of that moment and the rest of the weekend just kept getting better. I've been to every one since and they each hold a very special place in my heart.

Love you too dahling!!!

Scouty

PS. I am not talking about my guys in baby blue until next week, I don't want to jinx anything. Go Heels.
  • trainer
    trainer Member Posts: 241
    What news from KathiM?
    What did I miss from KathiM?
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    scouty said:

Me a fiend!!!!
    Not me Ms Scarlet, I don't know nothing about birthin no babies!!!

We have plenty of time and I wasn't planning on announcing any kind of an agenda until we knew exactly what your schedule was. Lunch on your ship would be wonderful and I personally don't care if it's canned ravioli again or not. To be honest I love that stuff and have a can in my pantry for an every other month treat! Just don't tell Em (he he).

CP1 in Biloxi 01/05 will always be so special to me. I was just out of treatment and not expecting to be around for very long given my choice to stop chemo, so coming to a city to meet some people I had never met before was pretty scary. I will never forget coming down the escalator to the baggage claim area to where you were waiting to give me a ride. My heart warms and my eyes tear up just remembering the emotions of that moment and the rest of the weekend just kept getting better. I've been to every one since and they each hold a very special place in my heart.

Love you too dahling!!!

Scouty

PS. I am not talking about my guys in baby blue until next week, I don't want to jinx anything. Go Heels.

Scouty's law 'Walk tall
    Scouty's law 'Walk tall and carry a big dog' Wish I could get accross the ditch and attend one of your big nights. Hugs from Ron.
  • scouty
    ron50 said:

Scouty's law 'Walk tall
    Scouty's law 'Walk tall and carry a big dog' Wish I could get accross the ditch and attend one of your big nights. Hugs from Ron.

Me too my friend!!!
    But if you do, bring the filets of that fish only please...........

I'm with Sponger, what kind of fish is that, it looks golden in color.

Hugs back at cha handsome!!!

Lisa P.