Dry itchy skin

tgf
tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have very dry itchy skin. I'm not having radiation yet ... so it can't be that. I've had two taxol/herceptin infusions ... but I don't know if it's that ... or what. Maybe it's just the weather ...

I'm trying to drink a lot of water ... and slapping on the lotions and creams ... but my skin still feels creepy-crawly.

Any of you have this with taxol/herceptin ... or is it just me and my 65 year old skin?

hugs.
teena

Comments

• NYGMom
    NYGMom Member Posts: 34
    Me too!!!
    I got on here to post the same question. I just had my first infusion of Taxol on Thursday and my skin feels dry and creepy-crawly too. I don't think it's your 65 year old skin Teena, I'm only 48:)
  • candican
    candican Member Posts: 24
    Dry itchy skin
    Hi TGF

I am currently taking Herceptin and Taxol and I am going through the very same thing. I am not sure what is causing it. At first I thought it was fleas, I do have a dog but yet I never did see any. I even thought about getting rid of him. Then, I just thought it was the weather. Pollen has started to fall. I am still not sure. Maybe I will asked my Oncologyist on my next appointment.

I am using lotion and just recently brought some Benadryl itch stopping cream. That seems to help some.

Hope you feel better.
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    candican said:

Dry itchy skin
    Hi TGF

I am currently taking Herceptin and Taxol and I am going through the very same thing. I am not sure what is causing it. At first I thought it was fleas, I do have a dog but yet I never did see any. I even thought about getting rid of him. Then, I just thought it was the weather. Pollen has started to fall. I am still not sure. Maybe I will asked my Oncologyist on my next appointment.

I am using lotion and just recently brought some Benadryl itch stopping cream. That seems to help some.

Hope you feel better.

Benedryl cream
    I've still got the creepy-crawling itches and I met with my oncologist Friday and he suggested Benedryl cream also ... so I'm going to give it a try.

Thanks.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Maybe this will help too
    I am taking radiation and my radiation oncologist said to use hydrocortisone for the itching that I have been having with the radiation. It might help you too.
  • Cazcat
    Cazcat Member Posts: 3
    Hair Conditioner on skin
    I went thru that, too, and I found what helped was hair conditioner (just a cheap one like Suave). Slather over skin in the shower and pat dry. I've actually continued to use it since my rad ended. Worth a try!
    Patti