CA-125

JanQ
JanQ Member Posts: 236
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Sorry I have not been on lately but I have been in Indiana, my brother had a heart attack, he had 3 stints put in. If you could keep him in your prayers. He is really doing great though, thank you Jesus!
I also have a praise report, although Hexalen has been a harder drug for me to take for some reason, my CA-125 went from 240 to 177 whoo hoo, thanks again Lord. I think it is hard to take because it makes me really nauseated(sp)and depressed and it is up to me to take it. I am taking an anti depressant and a nerve pill now and if I remember to take those it helps, sometimes I just wait to long.
Hope everyone is doing well. The sunshine is defenitly welcome.
God Bless and Love, Jan

Comments

• green50
    green50 Member Posts: 312
    CA125 News is Good
    Sorry your brother went thru that but glad he is doing better and also happy your CA125 is down. I live in Indiana. Its been a little better weather here. Thank the Lord for the Good news. I will be getting my results end of next week when I go back for chemo.
    Prayers and Hugs
    Sandy
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Hugs ♥ Prayers
    Dearest Jan, I am so glad the hexalen is working, I have heard almost everyone get great results if they can hold up from the depression. Most have stopped taking it because it made them so sad. Glad your brother is doing great also, and that you could be there for him. What a blessing. :-) Sending lots of prayers n hugs Bonnie
  • LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    wonderful
    Jan,

Praising God Hexalen is working for you. I did not get depressed I don't think but maybe I should ask my husband how I was acting on it!☺

But as you know I had to stop after 2 cycles and like Bonnie said, I have only heard good results from this treatment except for the depression or sadness.

My CA125 has stayed below 35 every since my second chemo treatment. So the Hexalen was to be my maintenance program. (I am putting my faith in God to be my maintenance).

It is raining here today in Ohio but yesterday was beautiful but a little chilly. Saturday we have a baby shower for my daughter-in-law and then my husband and I leave Sunday for Alabama for some R&R (fishing for crappies) at Weiss Lake.

Hexalen made me feel weird but I did not get sick. I still have Zofran for nausea in case..............

Love and hugs,
    Libby☺
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    PTL
    So glad to hear both good news, Jan. Our niece has had two stints put in and is doing well also. As for you, I hope your numbers continue to come down. Thanks for sharing the great news!

Prayers for you and your brother for continued healing!

(((HUGS)))
    Monika
  • JanQ
    mopar said:

PTL
    So glad to hear both good news, Jan. Our niece has had two stints put in and is doing well also. As for you, I hope your numbers continue to come down. Thanks for sharing the great news!

Prayers for you and your brother for continued healing!

(((HUGS)))
    Monika

news
    Thank you ladies, it is such a blessing to be able to come and share with you. It feels like family here also. Love and God Bless you all!
    Jan
  • JanQ
    green50 said:

CA125 News is Good
    Sorry your brother went thru that but glad he is doing better and also happy your CA125 is down. I live in Indiana. Its been a little better weather here. Thank the Lord for the Good news. I will be getting my results end of next week when I go back for chemo.
    Prayers and Hugs
    Sandy

Indiana
    what part of Indiana if you don't mind my asking? Vic and the girls are in Columbus, but he has lived in Seymour and North Vernon. I have a niece at Ball State and one at IPU.
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Sorry
    Sorry your brother had to have the stints. Isn't it wonderful that they can do this now days? Glad you are weathering the hexalen. Remember that it takes 2-3 weeks for the anti depressant to work it's magic. The numbers are great. Keep up your good work!!
    Saundra
  • JanQ
    saundra said:

Sorry
    Sorry your brother had to have the stints. Isn't it wonderful that they can do this now days? Glad you are weathering the hexalen. Remember that it takes 2-3 weeks for the anti depressant to work it's magic. The numbers are great. Keep up your good work!!
    Saundra

thanks
    Thanks so much!
  • green50
    green50 Member Posts: 312
    JanQ said:

Indiana
    what part of Indiana if you don't mind my asking? Vic and the girls are in Columbus, but he has lived in Seymour and North Vernon. I have a niece at Ball State and one at IPU.

Indiana
    I am in Bryant Indiana 50 miles south of Ft Wayne I go to Muncie Cancer Center for treatments. Small world

Prayers and hugs
    Sandy
  • ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    Ca-125
    Hi Jan, So sorry to hear about your brother, I will keep him in my prayers. Congrats on your ca 125 may it continue to keep going down.
    Hugs and Prayers, Terry
  • marcy
    marcy Member Posts: 58

Ca-125
    Hi Jan, So sorry to hear about your brother, I will keep him in my prayers. Congrats on your ca 125 may it continue to keep going down.
    Hugs and Prayers, Terry

Sorry to hear about your Brother
    Hi Jan. I too am sorry to hear about your brother. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers for a full quick recovery. Also a BIG congrats from me too on you CA 125 going down. Wonderful news! God Bless. :)