How did you pick your screen name

Annabelle41415
Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My name is Kim, but almost every site I am on is Annabelle41415. Annabelle was my grandmother's name (well Ann) but she said it was Annabelle. When I went to join Pogo I wanted Annabelle but it was taken so I put in my age 41 after Annabelle and that was taken, so they suggested Annabelle41415 so that is what I have been for the last 9 years.

Funny story is that when my daughter was born I wanted her middle name to be Ann after my grandmother and ex-husband didn't so before I left the hospital I added Ann to her middle name (now she has two). I always called her Annabelle. This past October was the first time she ever realized that it was Ann and not Annabelle - had to laugh. She is 24. I asked her did you never wonder why it was not on your birth certificate that way and she said "I thought it was too long of a name to fit." LOL

Kim

Comments

• PamPam2
    PamPam2 Member Posts: 370 Member
    Screen name
    One of my close friends name is Pam, she and her family call me PamPam.
    Pam
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Mine is simple...
    My name is Vicki and I live in Colorado...therefore VickiCO
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Because of my daughter
    My daughter likes to call me "Toots." Years ago when I signed up on alamak, that was already taken, so I lengthened it to "tootsie." That was already taken here, so I added a 1, just because. *smiles*

*hugs*
    Gail
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    When I was stationed in
    When I was stationed in Washington I was in fisheries enforcement. I had a cubemate who was also named Bob - he worked protected species issues (whales, turtles, mermaids, uh... I mean manatees). Anyway, when people would come in looking for one of us and say "Bob" we would both answer. He started calling me Sponge Bob and I called him Whale Bob (I think I got the better end of that deal). A few months later when I got sick, I watched SpongeBob Square Pants and thought he was a pretty cool character - and he lives in a pineapple house under the sea - what could be cooler?
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Because of my daughter
    My daughter likes to call me "Toots." Years ago when I signed up on alamak, that was already taken, so I lengthened it to "tootsie." That was already taken here, so I added a 1, just because. *smiles*

*hugs*
    Gail

my love of horses
    ever since i was a little girl a have always dreamed of having a horse. one year ago my husband and i had the opportunity to by our dream log home and 28 acres.well guess what i got my horse.he is a paint quarter horse and very spoiled just like a kid his name is :johnny be good" Godbless.....Debra
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    We got our first computer about 11 or 12 years ago and I used my real name on the 'mom's only' board I joined and have used it ever since.

Diane Tavegia
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    spongebob said:

When I was stationed in
    When I was stationed in Washington I was in fisheries enforcement. I had a cubemate who was also named Bob - he worked protected species issues (whales, turtles, mermaids, uh... I mean manatees). Anyway, when people would come in looking for one of us and say "Bob" we would both answer. He started calling me Sponge Bob and I called him Whale Bob (I think I got the better end of that deal). A few months later when I got sick, I watched SpongeBob Square Pants and thought he was a pretty cool character - and he lives in a pineapple house under the sea - what could be cooler?

thinking of you
    My younger grandson is totally obsessed with SpongeBob Square Pants, so I watch a lot of episodes of that show. I think of you every time and pray that you're doing well.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    American Long Hair Cat
    When I was diagnosed and especially during chemo I received great comfort and joy from a friend's cat who spent a lot of time hanging out with me at my house. He rarely left my side...he was an American Domestic Long Hair Cat named Felix...I called him Big because he was a big boy and my big love. So when I signed up I became usakat (k for Katie).

Big was my caretaker when I was sick. I love him so, but he had to stay in California. I now have two kitties who are mine (a gift from Bob), Baby and Little Bit.
  • impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
    usakat said:

American Long Hair Cat
    When I was diagnosed and especially during chemo I received great comfort and joy from a friend's cat who spent a lot of time hanging out with me at my house. He rarely left my side...he was an American Domestic Long Hair Cat named Felix...I called him Big because he was a big boy and my big love. So when I signed up I became usakat (k for Katie).

Big was my caretaker when I was sick. I love him so, but he had to stay in California. I now have two kitties who are mine (a gift from Bob), Baby and Little Bit.

I surf a lot and the
    I surf a lot and the impactzone is where waves break. It is where the action is... Too far outside and your are watching, too far inside and you are getting worked... Staying right in the impactzone can give you a great ride or wipeout...but the juice is worth the squeeze!
    Chip
  • rrob
    rrob Member Posts: 158
    Screen name
    When I was younger, I worked in special education. One of the students couldn't say my last name "Roberts," so he would call me "Rob." So, my screen name is rrob. Not nearly as good as most, but the best I could come up with at the time!

Rebecca
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    boring
    I guess I'm not too creative- my name is Lisa and I'm 42!
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    Onine Name
    Back in the late 1980s, the internet was not mainstream, like it is today. Back then there were a lot of proprietary services (GEnie, Prodigy, Compuserve and this little company called AOL was just starting up ). I was on GEnie, which was a service that ran on the General Electric mainframe in their off hours. One of the features they had there were the forefront to Chatrooms. I was fascinated by the fact you could talk "real time" (by text) to others all around North America! The first time I went into one of these Chat rooms, all these "Hiya"s would pop up and I thought these people knew something I didn't know and were calling me "Hiya". Ha! Little did I know they greeted anyone who came in the room with a "Hi ya". So I became "Hiya" from then on in. When we all moved out into the big bad internet, Hiya was taken with my local ISP... so I became "HiyaCher" and that is the name you will find on all my email addresses (well, most of them) :)

Here, I wasn't sure really what I was signing up for, so I just became CherylHutch, when in fact, I'm better known as HiyaCher :D

Hugggggs,

Cheryl
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member

I surf a lot and the
    I surf a lot and the impactzone is where waves break. It is where the action is... Too far outside and your are watching, too far inside and you are getting worked... Staying right in the impactzone can give you a great ride or wipeout...but the juice is worth the squeeze!
    Chip

where are you
    Hi Chip,
    **** loves surfing too. What coast are you on? We're in Hawaii. **** has not been surfing since having his port put in but he hopes the wind dies down this week and he can go out.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    I don't think I knew that
    I don't think I knew that was going to be my screen name. I'm new to web sites and chats. So, I'm Kathleen and the area code in Hawaii is 808. :)
    Aloha
  • tiny one
    tiny one Member Posts: 465 Member
    picking a name
    Some of the names I had originally picked where taken. So tiny one describes me. I am only 4ft 11 inches tall. I weigh usually around 83 pounds. I may be tiny but my feistyness makes up for my size.
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Pick it
    This wasn't too difficult. My name is Phil and my last name begins with the letter "G". I tried PhilG but that was taken so I went with PhillieG. Many people think I'm from Philadelphia but I'm not.
    Then I'd PhillieGfromPhillyD
  • impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member

where are you
    Hi Chip,
    **** loves surfing too. What coast are you on? We're in Hawaii. **** has not been surfing since having his port put in but he hopes the wind dies down this week and he can go out.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen

In Santa Barbara but I was
    In Santa Barbara but I was born in the Territory of Hawaii in Kanohoe. I go back each summer to Kauai ( mostly summer south swells). I love that warm water but the points here can get pretty good. I teach at a high school and coach there as well so I get out to Hollister Ranch and that can be really good.
  • nanagrandma
    nanagrandma Member Posts: 40
    PhillieG said:

Pick it
    This wasn't too difficult. My name is Phil and my last name begins with the letter "G". I tried PhilG but that was taken so I went with PhillieG. Many people think I'm from Philadelphia but I'm not.
    Then I'd PhillieGfromPhillyD

how i got my name
    I have one granddaughter that got mixed up one day and called me nanagrandma. She calls her other grandma grandma and me nana.
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    screen name
    I didn't realize when I logged on that they would have a cancer specific board, so I figured if I used my type of cancer in my screen name it would save a lot of typing when introducing myself! msc is for my name, which I usually use in some fashion every time I sign up for something! Being a computer programmer I'm a little too literal to come up with anything cute!
    mary
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Grits and Cornbread
    I was born in the South, Alabama to be specific. Altho I now live in
    Cincinnati, a lot of the southernness is still with me and I like the
    singing group the Dixie Chicks.....thus dixchi.
    Barbara