NED! Stage IV

rrob
rrob Member Posts: 158
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, I had my PET scan done on Wednesday, but I don't see my oncologist for the results until April 1. Lisa suggested I get a copy of the results before then, so I went by and got a copy. Bottom line, I am still NED! "No evidence for recurrance/metastatic colorectal carcinoma." I am feeling very blessed and want to say thanks again for all the prayers and encouraging words you shared while I was suffering from scan anxiety/paranoia. Lisa, I'm praying hard for your results and a great BIG THANKS for the suggestion to get a copy of my results.

Rebecca

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Wonderful praise report!!!
    That's GREAT news Rebecca! God bless you and keep you NED forever!

Diane
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Great!
    Rebecca,
    Thanks for sharing that wonderful news!! Congratulations!
    Aloha
    Kathleen
  • pamness
    pamness Member Posts: 524 Member
    Wow, wow and wow again
    I hope you are doing - as others would say - the naked happy dance.

Pam
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Yippee!!
    Rebecca,

What wonderful news! God's blessings are all over you. I am very happy for you.

Vicki
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Great for YOU
    I am very happy for you...I bet your doing the naked dance now..I hope to join you in a few months myself....Take care God Bless
    Beth
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Yipee
    That's great news. May the force be with you!
  • beachinmom
    beachinmom Member Posts: 73
    Great News!!
    Awesome news.....relax and enjoy...
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Lovely!
    That's fabulous! And it's the weekend, so you can feel free to have an extended version of the Naked Happy Dance. Enjoy!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    you're welcome & glad to hear your news!
    Rebecca,

I'm SO glad to hear the "no evidence of recurrence", that you're NED! I'm glad you went ahead and got the copy of the report instead of having to wait so long for your good news!

God bless-
    Lisa
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    lisa42 said:

you're welcome & glad to hear your news!
    Rebecca,

I'm SO glad to hear the "no evidence of recurrence", that you're NED! I'm glad you went ahead and got the copy of the report instead of having to wait so long for your good news!

God bless-
    Lisa

Neon Lights
    Just had this vision (maybe its my coffee!) of this huge neon sign on
    Times Square saying: NED REBECCA........what a fab sight and fab news.

Hugs,
    Barbara
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Congratulations
    That is awesome news. You need to go out and celebrate. Kim
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

Congratulations
    That is awesome news. You need to go out and celebrate. Kim

Woohooo!
    Excellent Rebecca! big congrats and many more years of NED! hope it never comes back! Celebrate with the Naked Happy Dance! WOOOHOOO!

Hugssss!
    ~Donna
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Shayenne said:

Woohooo!
    Excellent Rebecca! big congrats and many more years of NED! hope it never comes back! Celebrate with the Naked Happy Dance! WOOOHOOO!

Hugssss!
    ~Donna

awwwsome
    Rebecca that is the most awesome news......congrats and hang in

~Mags~
  • kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    WooHoo!!
    Congrats! That is WONDERFUL! I always get my test results immediatly. If it's bad news I have time to get my head around it so I can ask intelligent questions of the doc and actually HEAR what he has to say. If it's good news I don't waste time obsessing and can ask intelligent questions of the doc at my appt....I see a trend...LOL

Cheers to good news!

Kimby
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    kimby said:

WooHoo!!
    Congrats! That is WONDERFUL! I always get my test results immediatly. If it's bad news I have time to get my head around it so I can ask intelligent questions of the doc and actually HEAR what he has to say. If it's good news I don't waste time obsessing and can ask intelligent questions of the doc at my appt....I see a trend...LOL

Cheers to good news!

Kimby

Two Words..............
    ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL............ :-)
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Super!
    Great news, Rebecca! I'm so glad you were able to get your results so you could enjoy your weekend. Pat yourself on the back for being proactive!

Hugs,

Kay
  • rrob
    Kanort said:

Super!
    Great news, Rebecca! I'm so glad you were able to get your results so you could enjoy your weekend. Pat yourself on the back for being proactive!

Hugs,

Kay

Hope and prayers
    To all of the semi-colon family,

Thanks for all of your good wishes. The main thing I want to share with you is my hope. When I was diagnosed in Oct 2007 at Stage IV, no one, not my doctors and not me, thought I would be here now. Surprise--here I am and I'm NED. My prayer is that this gives you hope, too. I hope and pray that every day brings us one step closer to a cure, no matter what the stage, for all of us and for our families, our loved ones, our friends, and our children. Thank you again for all of your support.

Hugs and hope for our tomorrows,

Rebecca
  • impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
    LOVE to hear this news!
    LOVE to hear this news! Congrats
    Chip
  • rrob

LOVE to hear this news!
    LOVE to hear this news! Congrats
    Chip

Hope you hear this news again soon!
    Chip,

I'll be praying for you and your doctors on the 30th. I hope that you'll be NED with me soon!

Rebecca
  • choihe
    choihe Member Posts: 9
    Congrats to NED @ Stage IV!!
    Your story gives us hope – being NED from Stage IV.

My husband is going through 2nd 12 series of Chemo (just managed his 7th out of 12) right now. I must say, it’s been rough ..., but I will tell him your story, it will provide him moral boost for sure. He was diagnosed with Colon cancer stage III in Dec. 2006. It had advanced to Stage IV, after a successful 1st 12 series of Chemo treatment and being told that he was “Clean” from the CT scan result. The bad news broke from the 2nd CT scan as my husband went in for a routine check after a year, being advanced from Stage III to IV; it’s been rough road even since then.

I’m very hopeful from hearing your good news. I think if he can manage another 5 more chemo…
    Thanks for sharing.
    Amy