Haven't written in a while

lynn1950
lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I haven't written in a while. Been on the pity pot (quite a lot) and spending my time being a workaholic and sleeping. But I do read what you all have to say and respond to your messages with thoughts and prayers and oftentimes smiles- you are all so special to me! I want to congratulate Chen and root for RE and hug so many of you brave souls. Thanks for taking the time to write and care and share when some of us just can't seem to find the energy and chutzpah. Love, Lynn

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    HUGS*HUGS*HUGS*
    Lynn, I am so glad you posted here tonight to let us know you are around just a bit down. I have been there and understand, keep that chin up girl and be proud of yourself for you have come so far! I am thinking of you and will keeping you in my prayers!

My best to you,

RE
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I was thinking of you.
    I was thinking of you. Missed hearing from you but know what you mean. It takes a lot more energy to respond than just read. Keep thinking positive thoughts and that helps getting off the pity cycle. Smile when you don't feel like it and one day you will find you're smiling because you do feel like it.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Missed seeing your posts
    Missed seeing your posts Lynn and glad you let us know you are ok. Every now and then it's ok to get on the pity potty but it's spring and time to renew. So, I hope that I see more of your posts in the coming weeks. Hugs, Lili
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
    Thank You, Lynn! I had written sometime ago about reading but not posting, but being Quietly Reflective. We do understand being sometimes overwhelmed, or sad, or just trying to distance ourselves from the whole Cancer-Beast. Even if that means we don't post! I think in a way that shows we are in control...does that make any sense???

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Me, too.....
    Aw, Lynn....sorry you are in a rough patch....

I just recently recovered from one...and it helps that Holland is 3 weeks away!!! (LOL)

I have a good dose of 'survivor's guilt'...just lost a stage 4 CRC patient partner in the 2 weeks passed. Sigh...

Hugs, Kathi
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Glad you are feeling up to
    Glad you are feeling up to writing. I know how you feel. Sometimes there are gaps in my posts as well, but right now I'm off all meds and recuperating from a bad relationship with Arimidex, so I am feeling better and better ea day. I hope you are able to remain on the upswing.
    hugs
    jan
  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    just beginning that long winding road
    I liked your statement about being an advocate, being assertive, and asking for help. Even early in this journey there are times when just reading is what I am thirsty for, and other times responding is therapeutic...and then when responding may help someone else. I appreciate your candor with where you are at this point and especially want you to know how your perspective is so informative and inspiring to those of us just beginning. Thanks for sharing.

by the way you have a great smile!
    jojo
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    KathiM said:

Me, too.....
    Aw, Lynn....sorry you are in a rough patch....

I just recently recovered from one...and it helps that Holland is 3 weeks away!!! (LOL)

I have a good dose of 'survivor's guilt'...just lost a stage 4 CRC patient partner in the 2 weeks passed. Sigh...

Hugs, Kathi

oooh la la!!
    Had to pop in Kathi and tell you how beautiful you are. I love your pic. Holland watch out!!!
    Love Jackie
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Hi Lynn,
    It's really nice to see you again. Totally understand just reading and not posting. I get that way about every first week after another chemo treatment. As for the pity party, do you want to attend mine? I had one on Friday that was doozy -- crying, lying motionless on the couch, and feeling sorry for myself. Actually, it felt kind of good. I think sometimes we all need a good pity fest to move on. I hope the arrival of spring will boost your spirits.

Mimi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    mimivac said:

Hi Lynn,
    It's really nice to see you again. Totally understand just reading and not posting. I get that way about every first week after another chemo treatment. As for the pity party, do you want to attend mine? I had one on Friday that was doozy -- crying, lying motionless on the couch, and feeling sorry for myself. Actually, it felt kind of good. I think sometimes we all need a good pity fest to move on. I hope the arrival of spring will boost your spirits.

Mimi

Seasons
    I truly need to cut down on the coffee! It occurred to me this morning, with most of us giddy with anticipation about the arrival of Spring and its renewal/rebirth capabilities to our battered psyches, that it is about to be Autumn in Australia! My wish for all of our sister and brother Warrior-Survivors, no matter what season they are approaching, is that they exhale deeply at the change, and revel in knowing that each new day is just that~ a NEW day. I send all of us love, and a hope that we enjoy as many of our days as possible~ and that even the bad days are one step closer to finishing treatment and being on the Other Side of Cancer.

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    I took a break for a while
    I took a break for a while too. And that's what I love about the communication here. We share common experiences. So....welcome back with open arms! I swear there must be some evil social secretary in BCLand who is penciling in pity parties on our calendar without our permission! There is no getting around it though, sometimes we need to attend. It makes me think of what my mother said, always leave a party while you are still having a good time. I can't quite think of how that fits into pity parties, except for it helps me see that they are indeed, in someway, a good time. A time to be outraged that our loving selves have to suffer. It is validating. Maybe that evil social secretary is acting on our behalves, saying slow down and pay attention to your self.
    Anyway, I have stretched this metaphor too long. So glad to see you! love, Joyce
  • celinelvr
    celinelvr Member Posts: 30
    Pitty Party
    I think it is healthy to have yourself a pitty party! It is part of the grieving process for having this disease. They usually don't last long as you can usually find support close by and that helps. Chemo doesn't help our moods either. We get tired, lack energy, are moody and sick of it all. Have a party for a while! When you feel better, you can clean up and go on. It's an emotional release I need from time to time. I usually don't post on a regular basis myself. I come here to read a lot. See, you came back. Thats the important part.

HUGS ~ Milly