Spring is in the Air!!!!!!!!!!!

tasha_111
tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey... Doesn't this make us all feel better about ourselves, about life and in general????????? It does me. Rebirth of stuff like daffodil bulbs, Tulips, Colchicums, Crocuses, Snowdrops..........all seemed dead then ... suddenly alive again. I'm sorry , I'm not very religious or spiritual but this awakening, I can really relate to! I even saw new buds on my Russian Vine today...Oh Dear, another year of battle with the 'mile a minute plant'........

Sorry, I had too much wine (Vino Collapso)... Hugs to u all Jxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    I get it!
    Ahhh Tasha what a nice thought, a rebirth. To be honest with you that is what my name means to be reborn. I love it gal! Today it is sunny shiny here and as I write i can hear the birds.

Take care!

RE
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    RE said:

I get it!
    Ahhh Tasha what a nice thought, a rebirth. To be honest with you that is what my name means to be reborn. I love it gal! Today it is sunny shiny here and as I write i can hear the birds.

Take care!

RE

I just looked up the meaning
    I just looked up the meaning to my name! It's latin and means 'warlike'. Now I know why my kids had the saying, "Nobody messes with Mom."
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Ode To Spring
    I am positively DOOMED!!! All I can think of at this momentous Rebirth occasion is:

Spring has Sprung
    The Grass has riz
    I wonder where
    The flowers iz???

I read that about 40 years ago~ I am in big trouble if those things are flooding back to my mind, and I can't remember breakfast this morning....doomed doomed doomed

Hugs,
    Claudia

PS I LOVE Vino Collapso! hahahaha
  • chenheart
    Marcia527 said:

I just looked up the meaning
    I just looked up the meaning to my name! It's latin and means 'warlike'. Now I know why my kids had the saying, "Nobody messes with Mom."

Gimme some crutches, will you????
    As lovely a name as Claudia may seem to be, it only seems to be. It actually means Crippled or Lame. I sure hope my parents didn't know that when they named me that! Perhaps one or both of my parents was under the influence of "Vino Colapso" at the time of my conception.

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    1st day of spring
    OH Happy Day!!! spring is finally here! May we forget our gloom....May all our flowers bloom! I 'm wishing all of you the joy of Spring.
    Love Jackie
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    rjjj said:

1st day of spring
    OH Happy Day!!! spring is finally here! May we forget our gloom....May all our flowers bloom! I 'm wishing all of you the joy of Spring.
    Love Jackie

Oh Claudia>>>>>>>>>>>>
    That is most definitely NOT YOU! You are soooo funny, intelligent and positive..........noway can u be doomed........ Lucky to know you, Hugs Jxxxxxxxxx
  • chenheart
    tasha_111 said:

Oh Claudia>>>>>>>>>>>>
    That is most definitely NOT YOU! You are soooo funny, intelligent and positive..........noway can u be doomed........ Lucky to know you, Hugs Jxxxxxxxxx

I am lucky to know you too!!
    You made my day, sweet lady!!thanks so much!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Spring is Where???
    Not quite here yet. Although the **** willows started during a warm spell in January I think they wondered what they were doing when the temps dropped to -30C. I can still see them but I think they're frozen. However a group of swans flew over the other day and made my heart sing. I can hardly wait till they all get here. Other than that, well, I just blew out the driveway the other day. This has been the snowiest, longest winter I think we've had in a long time. Just a few March's ago my husband had his bike out.

Tasha, I love your awakening and am so glad that this new life is bringing you so much joy.

love
    jan
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    chenheart said:

Ode To Spring
    I am positively DOOMED!!! All I can think of at this momentous Rebirth occasion is:

Spring has Sprung
    The Grass has riz
    I wonder where
    The flowers iz???

I read that about 40 years ago~ I am in big trouble if those things are flooding back to my mind, and I can't remember breakfast this morning....doomed doomed doomed

Hugs,
    Claudia

PS I LOVE Vino Collapso! hahahaha

I LOVE IT!!!!
    I have never heard that one but I will remember it now that I have!!!

Thanks Claudia, by the way I love your name!

RE
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member

Spring is Where???
    Not quite here yet. Although the **** willows started during a warm spell in January I think they wondered what they were doing when the temps dropped to -30C. I can still see them but I think they're frozen. However a group of swans flew over the other day and made my heart sing. I can hardly wait till they all get here. Other than that, well, I just blew out the driveway the other day. This has been the snowiest, longest winter I think we've had in a long time. Just a few March's ago my husband had his bike out.

Tasha, I love your awakening and am so glad that this new life is bringing you so much joy.

love
    jan

Good morning Jan
    Now what kind of willows are these? lol! It is 70 degrees here in MT. today and just georgeous! i am waiting for the river to break up so i can get my fishing pole..(and cooler) out..and watch my tootsie dog run and play! Our bike has also been sitting in the garage WAY to long.......pass the vino!
    love jackie
  • chenheart
    rjjj said:

Good morning Jan
    Now what kind of willows are these? lol! It is 70 degrees here in MT. today and just georgeous! i am waiting for the river to break up so i can get my fishing pole..(and cooler) out..and watch my tootsie dog run and play! Our bike has also been sitting in the garage WAY to long.......pass the vino!
    love jackie

Here, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! LOL
    Lord Have Mercy! Now we have to change *****Willows to KITTY-willows????!!!!

I want the job as auto-censor/expletive deleter! hahahahahaha

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • phoenixrising
    chenheart said:

Here, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! LOL
    Lord Have Mercy! Now we have to change *****Willows to KITTY-willows????!!!!

I want the job as auto-censor/expletive deleter! hahahahahaha

Hugs,
    Claudia

I'm stunned!!!
    Was I censored??? Oh my God!!! They are real trees/bushes (hope that one doesn't get censored). Wow, that is unbelievable, you'd think we were 9 yrs old and need protecting.
    If it's wrong how would you explain to someone what it was without saying the "P" word.?
    What would you look up in your little tree book. Crazy!
  • phoenixrising
    rjjj said:

Good morning Jan
    love jackie

Jackie, I think Montana is
    Jackie, I think Montana is beautiful. I went through it on my way from Ontario to British Columbia. Went through Idaho and came up at Creston, B.C. Enjoy!
    love
    jan
  • chenheart

I'm stunned!!!
    Was I censored??? Oh my God!!! They are real trees/bushes (hope that one doesn't get censored). Wow, that is unbelievable, you'd think we were 9 yrs old and need protecting.
    If it's wrong how would you explain to someone what it was without saying the "P" word.?
    What would you look up in your little tree book. Crazy!

A rose by any other name....
    It is a source of wonderment indeed, the auto-censor! I do my best to fool it!
    So~ lets see if the asterics gets fooled if I space the letters out!

P-u-s-s-y willow...

testing! testing!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • phoenixrising
    chenheart said:

A rose by any other name....
    It is a source of wonderment indeed, the auto-censor! I do my best to fool it!
    So~ lets see if the asterics gets fooled if I space the letters out!

P-u-s-s-y willow...

testing! testing!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Awww, you're a genius. I'll
    Awww, you're a genius. I'll have to do that next time.
  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    spring sprung
    Here in SE Wisconsin spring came around a bit on St. Pats day...around 74, the next day more like 34...but it is on its way...yesterday there was new snow on the ground but later in the day hubby and i went out for a great walk and it was 64...

Looking at my garden and wondering what from last year I should pull or cut down to make way for the new growth (I am very new at this garden thing). I have wild mint that goes crazy but I love the smell, hastas (should I trim down the old brown pieces laying there), russian sage (trim to how high?), daisys that are just laying brown....the snow is gone and time to get it cleaned up is what I am thinking...just not sure how to proceed.

What I do know is that I discovered QBC one day right after my first chemo treatment and with inspiration to be a warrior and make it through ordered a pair of red paisley rubber garden/rain boots...so if anyone has some tips on how to clean out this patch let me know.

jojo