qwe
qwe Member Posts: 124
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am now in to my 4Th week of healing from radiations burns
and I am itching like crazy has any one had that problem if
so what did you use I soak tried A&D cream baby powder with
aloe vra with vitamins E and lotions and they do not work now
most of my itching is when i am laying down resting or trying to
sleep can you tell me if you had that to and what you did for it?:)

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    itch relief
    Try cortisone cream, if you haven't- the strongest strength available. Keep moisturized with the aloe. Something else that I tried for dry, itchy skin (mine wasn't from radiation, but from chemo) is a heel balm from Dr. Scholl's. I didn't buy if for that purpose, but had it and it seems to be quite thick and creamy and did the trick. Also Aveeno lotion with oatmeal for itching- try it if you haven't yet.
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
    lisa42 said:

itch relief
    Try cortisone cream, if you haven't- the strongest strength available. Keep moisturized with the aloe. Something else that I tried for dry, itchy skin (mine wasn't from radiation, but from chemo) is a heel balm from Dr. Scholl's. I didn't buy if for that purpose, but had it and it seems to be quite thick and creamy and did the trick. Also Aveeno lotion with oatmeal for itching- try it if you haven't yet.

not sure about radiation
    but I get the itchies all over, the nurses suggested taking benedryl - but since I use that in the Advil PM form at night to sleep, I have been using zyrtek, the allergy med - works wonders, along with constant hydrating the skin with various flavors (hey trying to keep it interesting).
  • qwe
    qwe Member Posts: 124

not sure about radiation
    but I get the itchies all over, the nurses suggested taking benedryl - but since I use that in the Advil PM form at night to sleep, I have been using zyrtek, the allergy med - works wonders, along with constant hydrating the skin with various flavors (hey trying to keep it interesting).

thanks
    I have tried those things any one else have any ideas?
    Well I have to see my surgeon tomorrow for a scope
    test and more biopsy have surgery on March 26th.
    Thanks for your help.
  • fighting for mom
    fighting for mom Member Posts: 96
    qwe said:

thanks
    I have tried those things any one else have any ideas?
    Well I have to see my surgeon tomorrow for a scope
    test and more biopsy have surgery on March 26th.
    Thanks for your help.

shea butter
    You might try shea butter. I can give you a website if you want it. It seems to 'stay' with you a while. My mom has a bad chemo burn and blisters on her hands from the chemo- it takes care of skin and is helping the burn. She also says that it gives her relief from some of the pain in her hands. Her chemo Dr thought it was the right thing to use- didn't offer any other ideas.

I hope it works for you.
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    AS DEVO SAYS: "SCRATCH THAT ITCH!"
    OK... please don't think me too forward but... uh... where's the itch?

I mean I could recommend a certain product, but there are certain places that might itch where you just don't put this certain product... Know what I mean?

If the itch is "there" and Tucks Pads and/or Preparation H don't help, I'm afraid I'm out of the conversation.

If it's elsewhere - hands, feet, skin, uh... you know, EXTERNAL - I am happy to recommend Mary Kay Night Emolient Cream. Yes, I actually drive a pink Cadillac and hook my friends into hosting make-over parties. OK, I'm lying. Actually though, the stuff is amazing and lord knows finding a distributor is pretty easy (I was a single guy and didn't have any problems - I just asked my hair dresser).

Anyway, hope this helped.