Facebook

Mikes Sunshine
Mikes Sunshine Member Posts: 129
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Does anyone belong to facebook? I am as addicted to that as I am this message board. I am on there as Nancy Patti if anyone wants join me.

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Facebook??? hahahahaha
    I cannot believe you are even asking this question! It is truly making me LOL~ scroll down to RE's post about Boarders For Cancer ( I think thats the title!) and you will see that yes, a good number of our sisters here are FB ppl! And, some aren't....

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Mikes Sunshine
    chenheart said:

Facebook??? hahahahaha
    I cannot believe you are even asking this question! It is truly making me LOL~ scroll down to RE's post about Boarders For Cancer ( I think thats the title!) and you will see that yes, a good number of our sisters here are FB ppl! And, some aren't....

Hugs,
    Claudia

Sorry
    Sorry I didn't know this subject hadnalready been talked about. Sounds like a good number of you are not into facebook. I hope I didn't ofend anyone? Nancy
  • zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670

Sorry
    Sorry I didn't know this subject hadnalready been talked about. Sounds like a good number of you are not into facebook. I hope I didn't ofend anyone? Nancy

nope sweetie...
    we 'double back' on each other all the time.
    Besides, if you can tolerate FB (Facebook) you are BEYOND being offended...lol
    Heck, yah. I'm there! hahaha
  • Jan_M
    Jan_M Member Posts: 116
    I too like fb. Keeps me in
    I too like fb. Keeps me in touch with the younger generation. What I don't like about it is if someone invites you to something or gives you flowers, fb wants access to your friends list. So I never accept anything.

I am trying to learn the new updated home page. Mine changed this weekend.

I go between this message board and fb. I have a myspace too but have not used it much since joining fb.

Jan Moore
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Jan_M said:

I too like fb. Keeps me in
    I too like fb. Keeps me in touch with the younger generation. What I don't like about it is if someone invites you to something or gives you flowers, fb wants access to your friends list. So I never accept anything.

I am trying to learn the new updated home page. Mine changed this weekend.

I go between this message board and fb. I have a myspace too but have not used it much since joining fb.

Jan Moore

New Facebook
    ... sucks. If I wanted a damned videogame, I would pop a CD in my computer and play a damned videogame.
  • Mikes Sunshine
    Aortus said:

New Facebook
    ... sucks. If I wanted a damned videogame, I would pop a CD in my computer and play a damned videogame.

Facebook
    I have connected with so many old friends thru facebook. However I am not thrilled with the new version.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

Sorry

FB offensive? hahahahaha
    We have faced diagnoses, surgery, chemo, rads, baldness, mouthsores, rad burns, etc etc~ FB is truly not going to offend any of us! LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    chenheart said:

FB offensive? hahahahaha
    We have faced diagnoses, surgery, chemo, rads, baldness, mouthsores, rad burns, etc etc~ FB is truly not going to offend any of us! LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia

YUP
    I couldn't have said it better myself!

RE
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072

Facebook
    I have connected with so many old friends thru facebook. However I am not thrilled with the new version.

I tried.........I really did!
    I tried to get on FB but they didn't like my email address, it was not one of those on their list so they as good as told me to "Bog Off" and get another address. Then I thought "Do I really want to be contacted by people who I lost touch with years ago?".. (There was a reason we lost touch) So I gave up. If at first you don't succeed.....Give Up.

Narrow-Minded bint ain't I?.........LOL Hugs to all Jxxxxxxxxx
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    tasha_111 said:

I tried.........I really did!
    I tried to get on FB but they didn't like my email address, it was not one of those on their list so they as good as told me to "Bog Off" and get another address. Then I thought "Do I really want to be contacted by people who I lost touch with years ago?".. (There was a reason we lost touch) So I gave up. If at first you don't succeed.....Give Up.

Narrow-Minded bint ain't I?.........LOL Hugs to all Jxxxxxxxxx

You got us anyways! I read
    You got us anyways! I read an article that said you can only handle 8 close friends and only so many other friends. Just not enought time and energy. Maybe that is why we drop certain friends. It's not intentional. Somewhere someone said some friendships were not meant to last a life time. Some are just meant for a certain length of time and you need to accept it and let them go.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Marcia527 said:

You got us anyways! I read
    You got us anyways! I read an article that said you can only handle 8 close friends and only so many other friends. Just not enought time and energy. Maybe that is why we drop certain friends. It's not intentional. Somewhere someone said some friendships were not meant to last a life time. Some are just meant for a certain length of time and you need to accept it and let them go.

Marcia
    Havn't you finished that puzzle yet?...........I TOLD you That bit goes THERE!.........Hey on a serious note, you read the BBC news, did you see that breast cancer is being linked with nightshift work?... Blimey, I'll work mornings only from now on.

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    tasha_111 said:

Marcia
    Havn't you finished that puzzle yet?...........I TOLD you That bit goes THERE!.........Hey on a serious note, you read the BBC news, did you see that breast cancer is being linked with nightshift work?... Blimey, I'll work mornings only from now on.

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I saw it. I've got a sister
    I saw it. I've got a sister who works nights. I never did. They say you need a proper amount of sleep for your body to rest and heal. But then my dad worked nights for years and lived to 96 years old. He also could only sleep 4 hours a night. So I guess you do what you enjoy/have to and don't worry on it. Don't worry, be happy.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Nancy, I am on facebook too!
    Nancy, I am on facebook too! I am Eileen Carrozzi-Guzik. See ya there!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    I'm on!
    I like facebook, except for all of the annoying applications. I do like knowing what old high school friends are up to. It's funny that some of them have been there for me through this diagnosis more than friends I see on a regular basis. My favorite are status updates. I learned the whole trajectory of a old classmate's broken engagement through his status updates. LOL.