BOARDERS FOR BREAST CANCER

RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1

Last month I went skiing and while there ran into some young ladies (not literally folks, give me some credit please) who are a part of a group called Boarders for Breast Cancer or B4BC. They were hosting a booth with breast forms that had lumps in them for women and men to feel so they would know more of what a breast lump would feel like. They were also taking donations for their cause and handing out educational stuff. I stopped and chatted with these girls and found them to be a great group of people who are striving to reach young people who have had breast cancer and to educate those who have not. If you think you would be interested or if you know someone who might be please check out their web site, it is b4bc.org. Actually I think any woman would benefit from their web page it is nicely put together and has some great information. I am sending it on to all my much younger nieces and will be posting in on my Facebook and Myspace pages.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

RE

Comments

• zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670
    You're on FB? Who knew? Friend me girl (Barbara Carleton)....and that goes for any other of my csn buddies who are FBers. See you all there!
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    zahalene said:

You're on FB? Who knew? Friend me girl (Barbara Carleton)....and that goes for any other of my csn buddies who are FBers. See you all there!

Woohooo I'm a FBer also.
    Woohooo I'm a FBer also. Yay!!!
  • Jan_M
    Jan_M Member Posts: 116
    Facebook
    I joined facebook or fb, about a month ago. Do any of you know of cancer survivors group on there to join? I must be looking wrong because I could not find any.

Jan Moore
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Jan_M said:

Facebook
    I joined facebook or fb, about a month ago. Do any of you know of cancer survivors group on there to join? I must be looking wrong because I could not find any.

Jan Moore

Jan, there are lots of
    Jan, there are lots of causes you can join search under breast cancer causes. There are a few that have discussion boards.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    FaceBook and MySpace
    FB?MySpace? I still don't know what its purposes are~ I only joined because my niece wanted me to, for some reason I now can't recall! I have to request a new password everytime I even attempt to go there; in a year I think I have been there 2X for about 10 minutes, and I never remember what my password is! LOL I already think I spend too much time on line~ I can't imagine also doing FB or MySpace! I am sorry that when I have gotten invites from any of you to be your friend that mostly I don't respond. I went to FB today~ I was sorta confused. I don't know the purpose of the snowballs, or other things we can send each other! What are they for? I don't know what the Wall is, or why it exists! And today, I was reading about someone I am friends with here in town saying she was hungry, or went hiking, or feels fat today, etc etc. I was wondering why she posted that, and if anyone actually cares how she feels or what she did! LOL

So...being that I don't "get" FB...no doubt I won't see any of you there!

Sigh and Hugs!
    Claudia

Claudia
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    chenheart said:

FaceBook and MySpace
    FB?MySpace? I still don't know what its purposes are~ I only joined because my niece wanted me to, for some reason I now can't recall! I have to request a new password everytime I even attempt to go there; in a year I think I have been there 2X for about 10 minutes, and I never remember what my password is! LOL I already think I spend too much time on line~ I can't imagine also doing FB or MySpace! I am sorry that when I have gotten invites from any of you to be your friend that mostly I don't respond. I went to FB today~ I was sorta confused. I don't know the purpose of the snowballs, or other things we can send each other! What are they for? I don't know what the Wall is, or why it exists! And today, I was reading about someone I am friends with here in town saying she was hungry, or went hiking, or feels fat today, etc etc. I was wondering why she posted that, and if anyone actually cares how she feels or what she did! LOL

So...being that I don't "get" FB...no doubt I won't see any of you there!

Sigh and Hugs!
    Claudia

Claudia

right on Claudia
    I got on Facebook and managed to sign in. Then i wondered why.. a couple friends who i would/could see anytime. had me taking a stupid mental quiz.. to prove i was not "dumb" i quit before i was finished. Guess i'll be classified as dumb! oh well maybe i'm self-absorbed right now. cuz i didn't care who was "feeling lazy" or if they sent me a virtual drink! they live so close they could buy me a real one!! I guess i just don't get it either. or if i have to many other important things to think about. I noticed that most of them were really young.. or old classmates who weren't my friends years ago. I would rather have a real friend call me up or do lunch. Guess i'm getting old.
    love
    jackie
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    fb
    I couldn't see the point in facebook. I had a couple friends/relatives invite me and I know them! They can email me or come over and have lunch! I'd rather do that. I probably would have joined anyway except they want your birthdate and I consider that an invasion of privacy. It's just a company making money off joiners. They've got some angle. That's my view on it anyway.
  • RE
    Wow, this thread took an unexpected turn! If you all get a chance check out Boarders for Breast Cancer. My facebook and my Myspace just allow me to keep in contact with my much younger nieces and nephews. Hope you all all check out the site mentioned above, they are working hard to reach younger adults and from what I saw at Northstar they are a good group of people.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    RE said:

Wow, this thread took an unexpected turn! If you all get a chance check out Boarders for Breast Cancer. My facebook and my Myspace just allow me to keep in contact with my much younger nieces and nephews. Hope you all all check out the site mentioned above, they are working hard to reach younger adults and from what I saw at Northstar they are a good group of people.

FB...sorry, hon!
    I know, RE...see how I am!? You just mentioned FB as a place to find out more info on the BC group you heard of, and I just had to make a left-hand turn! Sorry, sweetie! :-)
    I will absolutely check out the Boarders for Breast Cancer~ it sounds like a great program!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • RE
    chenheart said:

FB...sorry, hon!
    I know, RE...see how I am!? You just mentioned FB as a place to find out more info on the BC group you heard of, and I just had to make a left-hand turn! Sorry, sweetie! :-)
    I will absolutely check out the Boarders for Breast Cancer~ it sounds like a great program!

Hugs,
    Claudia

no prob
    Hi Claudia,

No no no, I thought it was rather funny! I just wanted to re-mention the site is the only reason I chimed in a second time. You take care now!!!!

RE
  • Mikes Sunshine
    Mikes Sunshine Member Posts: 129
    RE said:

no prob
    Hi Claudia,

No no no, I thought it was rather funny! I just wanted to re-mention the site is the only reason I chimed in a second time. You take care now!!!!

RE

Facebook
    I tried to friend you Barbara Carlton but there are to many so I don't know which one you are. I am on as Nancy Patti - Boston Ma maybe you will have better luck. Look forward to hearing from you Nancy
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    RE said:

taking a turn
    That's what I like about this site, we can go off on a tangent. It creates some interesting thoughts. Kind of like a conversation, don't you think? Sorry RE. I'm bad.
  • RE
    Marcia527 said:

taking a turn
    That's what I like about this site, we can go off on a tangent. It creates some interesting thoughts. Kind of like a conversation, don't you think? Sorry RE. I'm bad.

Sorry not needed
    Marcia sorries are not needed I found it all amusing. Love you all a TON!

RE
  • Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
    Me Too
    Yep, I also am on Facebook. Not real crazy about it. But I really enjoy MySpace page. I have gotten to know so many other cancer survivors. And made a lot of friends. It's a good way to meet so many people. FB just seems pretty silly at times. Cindy