Nausea medication

tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have two anti nausea meds and I find that the one that I take every 8 hours that about 6 hours after I take it I get a small wave of nausea and I am able to take my other med for break through nausea in between the 8 hour medication. It helps a great deal.

Margo

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    What meds are they Margo?
    What meds are they Margo? Lili
  • bahallock
    bahallock Member Posts: 12

What meds are they Margo?
    What meds are they Margo? Lili

Nausea
    I found that Emend worked really well for me. You take one an hour before Chemo and then one each morning the second and third day. Until the gave me this, nothing stayed down. Barbara
  • tommaseena
    bahallock said:

Nausea
    I found that Emend worked really well for me. You take one an hour before Chemo and then one each morning the second and third day. Until the gave me this, nothing stayed down. Barbara

medication
    first one is: ONDANSETRON (Zofran) 8 MG take 1 tablet every hrs for 3 days following chemo and then as needed for nausea.

second one is: PROCHLORPERAZINE MALEATE (Compazine) 10 MG take 1 tablet every six hours as needed for nausea.

They work wonderful.
  • mmontero38

medication
    first one is: ONDANSETRON (Zofran) 8 MG take 1 tablet every hrs for 3 days following chemo and then as needed for nausea.

second one is: PROCHLORPERAZINE MALEATE (Compazine) 10 MG take 1 tablet every six hours as needed for nausea.

They work wonderful.

They are great meds Margo.
    They are great meds Margo. Just take them before you start getting nauseas. Hugs, Lili
  • tommaseena

They are great meds Margo.
    They are great meds Margo. Just take them before you start getting nauseas. Hugs, Lili

meds
    Lili,
    I have had no nausea today--haven't taken any meds.
    I took the ones for 3days at 4am, noon and 8pm and then the other one for break through nausea I took one at 9am both Thursday and Friday and that was it.

Hopefully all treatments will be as smooth as this one was.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • mmontero38

meds
    Lili,
    I have had no nausea today--haven't taken any meds.
    I took the ones for 3days at 4am, noon and 8pm and then the other one for break through nausea I took one at 9am both Thursday and Friday and that was it.

Hopefully all treatments will be as smooth as this one was.

Hugs,
    Margo

I;m glad no more nausea. If
    I;m glad no more nausea. If you take the meds on the day of and for a few days after your chemo you should not feel too bad. Here's to May they all go smooth. Hugs, Lili
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072

I;m glad no more nausea. If
    I;m glad no more nausea. If you take the meds on the day of and for a few days after your chemo you should not feel too bad. Here's to May they all go smooth. Hugs, Lili

Anti-Nausea meds
    Oh Dear, I got it soooooooooo wrong (what's new 'eh?) They gave me anti nausea drugs to take after chemo--- every four hours. They didn't tell me NOT to take them UNTIL the next chemo treatment!....I was climbing the walls! I figured if they gave me drugs to take every 4 hours, I should take them every 4 hours, I even set my alarm, I was so scared of being sick. On my second chemo treatment the nurse said I should have plenty of them pills left and I was totally confused, I explained to her that I had taken them religiously to date, she was mortified, she wondered how I slept ( I didn't). Maybe they should make things a bit clearer, it's not like we have all been through this before. ..... Is it ME? Jxxxxx
  • jaavon2002
    jaavon2002 Member Posts: 57

medication

They work wonderful.

Same Meds...
    I don't start chemo until Thursday but my oncologist gave my a prescription for both of those meds to get filled before my treatment. I hope they work for me!!! I'm glad to hear that you are getting through chemo with minimal nausea.