Treatments starts 3/16

gerrico1216
gerrico1216 Member Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Haven't been on here for awhile. Been trying to work, but get tired then I'm finished for the day.
I got the news that Chemo will start on Monday. Which I hear will be a long day. I had a Mugga and PET today. What a draining day! I hope everyone has a great day!!!!!

Hugs

Darlene

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Darlene,
    Good luck on Monday. Don't worry all will go fine. Most people don't feel a thing during treatments. Wishing you great results on the Muga and PET.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Darlene
    all those tests can be so very tiring and worrisome. Heres hoping you have all good results and chemo will go ok, maybe you can catch up on some sleep there. I usually get in a nap or two. Work can tire you out also. Do you have any sick leave coming? You will need your rest..but many work right on through it. I have had to change my position where i work and they are good enough to let me come and go as i please.
    Chemo will not probably be what you are expecting. I know with the anti-nausea meds and other remedies for side effects..it is doable.
    Good luck and God Bless
    Jackie
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    First Treatment
    Hi, Darlene, and thanks. I hope you have a relaxing rest of the day. I have my fourth treatment tomorrow, and I also can tell you that it is really a quiet, even restful time. I read, talk with other patients, and snooze. The anti-nausea meds they give us nowadays work very well. There are several to choose from, so if by chance one doesn't, your doctor can easily change it.

Wishing you good test results and enjoyable weekend. If you have any questions or concerns after chemo (or before), let us know. I remember I wasn't expecting the steroids and did not know why I was bounding about! Our sisters here quickly explained and gave helpful advice.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    You'll do fine Darlene.
    You'll do fine Darlene. Just know we are here for you and will be thinking of you on Monday. Just think that you are kicking any cancer cells in the butt. Hugs, Lili
  • jeanne1948
    jeanne1948 Member Posts: 18
    starting treatments
    Wish you the best during your treatments. I am now done with all and you will start feeling much better. Chemo is rough. I found a chocolate milkshake right after chemo helped with the metallic taste. You and all cancer patients are in my prayers.