Update on my Mom

lizper
lizper Member Posts: 199
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
My Mom is at home. Since February 21st (imagine that.. the day my Dad passed away 16 years ago). She started to get a bit better, and tks to God the tube was removed last Tuesday so that has made her feel a lot better. With the tube she could barely speak, and barley even swallow saliva. She has a bad anemia which has put chemo on hold. She is drinking liquids and pures. I`m starting to give her baby food. I spoke with her Dr. tonight and he allowed me to give her meat and chicken Gerber. He told me to give her medicine for the anemia. Her right leg is so swollen that it hurts..this is beacaue she is retaining liquids so she has to get another medication for that. She has IV medications and IV nutrition wich goes directly to her catheter (located on her chest). Her pressure is a bit low as well as her temperature... but in spite all this she says she has no pain, and that she doesn`t feel as bad. I go to her house everday with my my baby girl since morning and stay there practically until night.My older son stays with my husband. Keep us in your daily prayers.
Liz

Comments

• Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
    You Post
    Liz...thank you so much for posting. I have been watching the boards, waiting to see some news. I am so glad that you are able to spend this time with your Mom. It sounds as if she is comfortable. It could be that she is happy to be home, that is why she feels better. My Mom also did better at home..less noise and she could sleep whenever she wanted without someone poking her awake.The baby food is what I also gave my Mom. I figured if a baby could thrive on it, so could anybody else. My Mom also did a lot of milkshakes..I guess the coldness of it was easy on her throat. Popsicles were good too.Prayers coming your way...hugs, Cindy