Swimsuit Issues!

GreeneyedGirl
GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Okay, so swimsuit season will be here soon. I am flying to see my sister in a sunny state in the south west-so I thought i would try on some new swimsuits....with an expander in one breast (cute). Am I crazy? Well, the department store is...every single "detector" clip thingy that they attach for security was on the breast of the swimsuit, and on the side of my expander. Not only was it uncomfortable, it was ridiculous to put it on a 19.99 swim suit! I am considering writing the store and suggesting they put that security device somewhere else....no, not there....I will be nice. But, that for many of us, trying on swimsuits is no fun anyways-and to deal with a deadbolt lock on the thing is frustrating when you are dealing with breast cancer.
Needless to say-I started a pilates dvd when i got home.
Melanie~

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    LOL Melanie, I can just
    LOL Melanie, I can just picture you in the fitting room muttering to yourself. LOL. I am also dreading swimsuit season but still glad winter is over. Can't give you any advice other than to try swimsuits made for mastectomy patients. They have special pockets where you can insert a prosthesis if needed. Hugs, Lili
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member

LOL Melanie, I can just
    LOL Melanie, I can just picture you in the fitting room muttering to yourself. LOL. I am also dreading swimsuit season but still glad winter is over. Can't give you any advice other than to try swimsuits made for mastectomy patients. They have special pockets where you can insert a prosthesis if needed. Hugs, Lili

GREAT advice, Lili!
    I was just thinking the same...

Although, for me, I went to Palm Springs wearing a 2-piece bikini, showing off my port (still doing chemo). I know, I know, I 'just' had a lumpectomy...BUT, I have a 12" up-and-down scar from my belly button to my pubic bone...lol....this from the lady who dances on bars and leaves her bra behind with 'Breast Cancer Survivor' emblazoned on it!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    swimsuit season
    You go, Melanie. Good for you both for trying on suits, and for starting Pilates. I've always wanted to try that. I am super, super inflexible. Well, after chemo I plan on visiting a nice little tropical island with the husband. I have a (very expensive) two piece that I bought on a business trip to New Orleans last year. Can't waste that -- although I don't know how I will look in it: bald, port showing, lumpectomy, no muscle tone left since I stopped doing weights. Uh oh. I do plan on hiring a personal trainer after all this treatment mess is over. I need someone to kick me in the butt!

I love the image of Kathi dancing on the bar!!!

Mimi
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    mimivac said:

swimsuit season
    You go, Melanie. Good for you both for trying on suits, and for starting Pilates. I've always wanted to try that. I am super, super inflexible. Well, after chemo I plan on visiting a nice little tropical island with the husband. I have a (very expensive) two piece that I bought on a business trip to New Orleans last year. Can't waste that -- although I don't know how I will look in it: bald, port showing, lumpectomy, no muscle tone left since I stopped doing weights. Uh oh. I do plan on hiring a personal trainer after all this treatment mess is over. I need someone to kick me in the butt!

I love the image of Kathi dancing on the bar!!!

Mimi

we r brave 4 sure
    Kathi you are brave wearing the 2 piece with the port, incision and all. Last Aug when visiting my sis i actually went in the pool (gated comm.pool, like a resort) with no prosthesis at all. I am the one breasted woman! A few stared but i didn't really care much. It was hot, and i was tan. And the water was refreshing! I am the type who would dance on a bar and leave my bra behind for sure! Life is too short to be bound up by issues.
    M