Port Tomorrow

jaavon2002
jaavon2002 Member Posts: 57
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am having my port put in tomorrow. I'm not as scared as I was with the lumpectomy, but still kinda nervous.

I also obtained a second opinion as far as chemo treatment, I guess I just needed to hear that chemo is necessary from another doctor. This first physician said 4 treatments of Adriamycin/Cytoxan every 3 weeks, then 4 treatments of Taxotere every three weeks. The second physician said 4 treatments of Adriamycin/Cytoxan every 2 weeks, then 4 treatments of Taxol every 2 weeks. She stated that a study was done and proves that giving the Adriamycin/Cytoxan every 2 weeks increases the chances of destroying undected rapid forming cancerous cells...I took her word for it, the facility does a lot of clinical trials. I opted to go with the every 2 weeks, treatment is scheduled to start on March 19th...I'm not sure if I'm ready. But, I KNOW I'm ready to get it over with.

Comments

• EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Good for you
    You are being proactive and taking care of yourself. I can understand being nervous about the port--I certainly would be but you'll get through this. All your sisters in pink are here for you.

Maureen
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Good morning!
    It sounds like you are doing the right thing. I place my trust in my Onc. knowing that she knows the plan of attack that i need. I hope everything goes smoothly for you today with your port. Let us know how it went. Mine went well and i was only sore for about a week. Now i am so thankful that i have it everytime i draw blood or get treatments. Thinking and praying for you.
    Hugs
    Jackie