My Dinner with Andre~ wait! I mean Joyce!!!!

chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
OMG~ you all have missed SO MUCH by not having met JoyceLouise! She is everything and more~ these boards are soooo her! :-)

She came to my brothers' house to pick me up, and was so gracious...most ppl in this area "know" my brother, as he was the ABC news anchor for almost 30 years. He has the sweetest, most generous personality, and I think he might have blushed when our Joyce said how much she enjoyed seeing him on TV and how human he is on air! awwwwww

Anyway, let me first day how drop-dead gorgeous Joyce is! Her picture doesn't do her justice at all. She has cute, curly, pixie hair, and looks like a beautiful Glenn Close!!!!!

She is as smart in person as she is on the boards ( no surprise there) and YES~ we absolutely did raise a glass to all of you on the Boards. More than one, I might add!!!

We wished all of you could have been laughing and drinking and eating with the two of us...we are all so intertwined. You were with us in spirit, be assured of that.

We talked soooo much and were falling over each others words. Without a doubt we will be making plans to get together again soon.

It was so much fun!!!!!! Thanks for all of your good wishes~ it made the evening even more special.

Hugs,
Claudia

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    fun time
    Claudia,
    I'm glad that you and Joyce had a wonderful time for all of us.

Margo
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Even more jealous!
    It sounds as though you two had such a wonderful time. Thanks for raising a glass to all of us here on the boards! Wish I could have been there.

Mimi
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    mimivac said:

Even more jealous!
    It sounds as though you two had such a wonderful time. Thanks for raising a glass to all of us here on the boards! Wish I could have been there.

Mimi

So happy that you had this
    So happy that you had this opportunity to meet in person. Wish we could all have been there. There was an endo board I belonged to and they arranged a meeting in Las Vegas for anyone who could make it. There were about 6 of them I think. I wasn't able to attend and was always envious of them. So here I am again, jealous. But so glad you did this.
    Stef
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    fauxma said:

So happy that you had this
    So happy that you had this opportunity to meet in person. Wish we could all have been there. There was an endo board I belonged to and they arranged a meeting in Las Vegas for anyone who could make it. There were about 6 of them I think. I wasn't able to attend and was always envious of them. So here I am again, jealous. But so glad you did this.
    Stef

So Jealous/Happy for you
    I was so happy to read how well your meeting went (not that I expected anything less from 2 such nice 'sisters' ) I'll have drink NOW to pay you back! lol.. Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Sounds wonderful! Thanks
    Sounds wonderful! Thanks for letting us know. Wish we all could have been there.
    love
    jan
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    OK, so now we have to plan a
    OK, so now we have to plan a trip to the west coast. Heehee. I really like that idea, since I'm always ready to fly at a drop of a hat. Hope to be able to do it one day soon so that I can meet all of you out there. Hugs, Lili
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Wow, thats great Claudia! Do
    Wow, thats great Claudia! Do you two live close to one another?
  • survivor51
    survivor51 Member Posts: 276
    Waiting for Chapter 2
    OK, now I'm waiting for Chapter 2 and can't wait to hear...read her post. Angela
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Wow, Claudia! What nice
    Wow, Claudia! What nice things you say! I am going to tape your words to my mirror for my daily affirmations. I have been called Cruella DeVille, but I sure prefer Glen Close...
    YES! I too had a wonderful time. And for all of you who think you were not there, I will tell you about Claudia, but first I want to tell you that you WERE all there. You are all with me as I go through each day, days that are made so much the better for the help and love here on the boards. Here where we all have come as sisters and at the restaurant where Claudia and I were "obligated" to have some nice wine so we could raise our glasses to you each.
    Claudia (Chen) was a fabulous date. Beautiful, funny, smart AND she picked up the check. We talked for three hours. We played the what movie star do you look like game (and of course we all look like movie stars) and Claudia has eyes like Lily Tomlin and a face of joy like Shirley Maclaine. Hey, Chen, next time we play that game, lets consider some younger stars...We look like YOUNGER versions of the above. hee hee.
    Most amazing of all was the love. I had better stop now before I start saying positive things about the "beastly" experience, but there are certainly some gems here in the dregs of our DX - TX.
    Thanks again for all of your good wishes, ladies. Now, to arrange some more dates....
    love to you all, Joyce
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member

Wow, Claudia! What nice
    Wow, Claudia! What nice things you say! I am going to tape your words to my mirror for my daily affirmations. I have been called Cruella DeVille, but I sure prefer Glen Close...
    YES! I too had a wonderful time. And for all of you who think you were not there, I will tell you about Claudia, but first I want to tell you that you WERE all there. You are all with me as I go through each day, days that are made so much the better for the help and love here on the boards. Here where we all have come as sisters and at the restaurant where Claudia and I were "obligated" to have some nice wine so we could raise our glasses to you each.
    Claudia (Chen) was a fabulous date. Beautiful, funny, smart AND she picked up the check. We talked for three hours. We played the what movie star do you look like game (and of course we all look like movie stars) and Claudia has eyes like Lily Tomlin and a face of joy like Shirley Maclaine. Hey, Chen, next time we play that game, lets consider some younger stars...We look like YOUNGER versions of the above. hee hee.
    Most amazing of all was the love. I had better stop now before I start saying positive things about the "beastly" experience, but there are certainly some gems here in the dregs of our DX - TX.
    Thanks again for all of your good wishes, ladies. Now, to arrange some more dates....
    love to you all, Joyce

Claudia and Joyce louise
    thanx for letting us in on some details of your date. i had fun just imagining you two beautiful movie star sisters in all of your elegance raising a toast to all of us kindred souls. how very special..i would have loved to be there. here's to all my beautiful courageous sisters in pink..luv and hugs
    jackie
  • chenheart
    Eil4186 said:

Wow, thats great Claudia! Do
    Wow, thats great Claudia! Do you two live close to one another?

Chen and JoyceLouise
    Eil,
    Joyce and I live about 300 miles apart, but I am visiting my brother who happens to live about 10 minutes from Joyce! I mean really, it was a no brainer to make plans to meet!

More later!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    rjjj said:

Claudia and Joyce louise
    thanx for letting us in on some details of your date. i had fun just imagining you two beautiful movie star sisters in all of your elegance raising a toast to all of us kindred souls. how very special..i would have loved to be there. here's to all my beautiful courageous sisters in pink..luv and hugs
    jackie

How wonderful
    It is so nice to see Claudia and Joyce if only through each others eyes. But it's true pictures don't always do us justice or maybe sometimes too much justice. But hearing what they looked like from each other. Fantastic. So glad that you had this date. It is so special to have those moments with our sisters and brothers here.
    Stef
  • dbs1673
    dbs1673 Member Posts: 203
    fauxma said:

How wonderful
    It is so nice to see Claudia and Joyce if only through each others eyes. But it's true pictures don't always do us justice or maybe sometimes too much justice. But hearing what they looked like from each other. Fantastic. So glad that you had this date. It is so special to have those moments with our sisters and brothers here.
    Stef

Amazing! Wonderful!
    You all are the best. Isn't it awesome the people we have met on this journey!!! I'd gladly trade the cancer but not the many beautiful people and connections along this path. Cheers to all of us!
  • Mikes Sunshine
    Mikes Sunshine Member Posts: 129
    dbs1673 said:

Amazing! Wonderful!
    You all are the best. Isn't it awesome the people we have met on this journey!!! I'd gladly trade the cancer but not the many beautiful people and connections along this path. Cheers to all of us!

Lucky You
    You are both so lucky you got to meet with each other. We have all become such a big part of each others lives. So many times I have wondered what it would be like to meet with with each of you that have become so close to my heart. If any one comes to Boston or the beautiful state of Maine(I have a summer home there) please let me know. Love, Nancy
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Special Evening and Special Women
    Claudia and Joyce Louise, what a wonderful evening you shared! And thank you for sharing it with us girls at home. You two are both so funny and so knowledgeable--it is easy to see you are kindred spirits.

Maybe more of us can meet someday. In the meantime, it is great to hear of our sisters being together face to face as well as screen to screen.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member

Lucky You
    You are both so lucky you got to meet with each other. We have all become such a big part of each others lives. So many times I have wondered what it would be like to meet with with each of you that have become so close to my heart. If any one comes to Boston or the beautiful state of Maine(I have a summer home there) please let me know. Love, Nancy

Hi, Nancy!
    It was good to see your post,Nancy. So glad you are feeling better after your last treatment. Joe and I are dreaming of a short trip somewhere this year after all the treatments are over. I have never been to New England and would love to visit Maine and/or Boston. I read your post about hobbies and your and Mike's trips to Maine. It sounds beautiful and relaxing. If Joe and I ever do get to travel there, I will be sure to tell you in advance. Anyone who visits the Ozarks, let me know. I would be glad to welcome my sisters in pink to Springfield, MO (not, unfortunately, the most exotic or exciting vacation destination). I'm here, though:-)
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Moopy23 said:

Hi, Nancy!
    It was good to see your post,Nancy. So glad you are feeling better after your last treatment. Joe and I are dreaming of a short trip somewhere this year after all the treatments are over. I have never been to New England and would love to visit Maine and/or Boston. I read your post about hobbies and your and Mike's trips to Maine. It sounds beautiful and relaxing. If Joe and I ever do get to travel there, I will be sure to tell you in advance. Anyone who visits the Ozarks, let me know. I would be glad to welcome my sisters in pink to Springfield, MO (not, unfortunately, the most exotic or exciting vacation destination). I'm here, though:-)

meetings

I'm offering Las Vegas for as long as I'm here! Anyone in Brownsville TX? I'm going to do a quick in & out sunday to monday.

Maureen
  • chenheart
    Moopy23 said:

Special Evening and Special Women
    Claudia and Joyce Louise, what a wonderful evening you shared! And thank you for sharing it with us girls at home. You two are both so funny and so knowledgeable--it is easy to see you are kindred spirits.

Maybe more of us can meet someday. In the meantime, it is great to hear of our sisters being together face to face as well as screen to screen.

Awwwww....I must say, I
    Awwwww....I must say, I enjoy being funny, but I wish I had no knowledge of cancer! :-)

It was a great evening; and we wished all of us could have been there, and not just in spirit!

Hugs,
    Claudia