round 7 down, 5 to go!

daydreamer110761
daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Round 7, relatively easy. A bit more tired this time, and after sitting in a cold office (mine) all morning, my hands and feet were driving me nuts. By the way - tried the orange sunkist this time around and I am hooked!

Now, not sure if I should ask this or not, but we seem to be able to ask about anything so...does anyone out there feel like the libido is just slipping away a bit? I feel horrible, and I never usually say no. I really want to, but I am so tired. Wouldn't even attempt to with the IV in and my buddy hanging on my side, but I've also noticed that by the time we are both done working for the day, I am just drained!

And just a crazy update - all the problems I've had with my kids - I hired an attorney for my son, so he will be sent back to juvenile status and not tried as an adult. He should end up in a moderate risk facility for about 2 years, so I will at least know where he is and it should stop costing me 25$ per phone call plus whatever I send him for commisary. It really stinks to have a 16 year old in jail, not something to be proud of, but I didn't do it.

And...my daughter is coming home in 2 weeks! I couldn't be happier that my fiance agreed, especially after all the trouble my kids caused when we first moved here. But she finally realized what she gave up, and now I have her away from the abusive bf, she is with my best friend in sarasota, safely tucked away until her flight in 2 weeks. (last week, bf threw her out on the street again and she spent 2 nights sleeping in a laundrymat.)

And my Onc wanted to know why my sugar was off the charts!

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Wow
    Wow- you've really got a lot on your plate! The libido is being killed not only by the chemo, but by the fact that you are mentally and physically exhausted!
    Have you gone into menopause because of the chemo at all? I had my last period during my very first chemo cycle & that was a year and a half ago- I'm 42. So, lots of hormonal changes take place during chemo, which obviously can affect the libido. I'm sure it doesn't have to stay away forever, but I imagine you need to be given some slack and understanding about why you're not as "interested". Give yourself a break!
    Maybe if he gave you a nice massage....
  • daydreamer110761
    lisa42 said:

Wow
    Wow- you've really got a lot on your plate! The libido is being killed not only by the chemo, but by the fact that you are mentally and physically exhausted!
    Have you gone into menopause because of the chemo at all? I had my last period during my very first chemo cycle & that was a year and a half ago- I'm 42. So, lots of hormonal changes take place during chemo, which obviously can affect the libido. I'm sure it doesn't have to stay away forever, but I imagine you need to be given some slack and understanding about why you're not as "interested". Give yourself a break!
    Maybe if he gave you a nice massage....

My plate over-floweth!
    You're right - my plate has been so full that I have pulled out the Thanksgiving turkey platter! (make it stop daddy, make it stop!)

I turned 47 in November, and for the last year I would skip one or 2 every now and again. I actually had the last one right after surgery (I expect brought on by the surgery) in November, started the chemo in December and haven't had one since (and I definately don't miss it). I've tried to ask my mother about the menopause thing, but she has no answers since she is still on the pill (at 67). My onc said that the chemo shuts down the ovaries and throws you into menopause and said that after a few months he could give me something, but I never thought to ask about the libido part! I miss that....

Hey - it's not that Nick is bugging me or anything, it's me bugging me - but I am going to suggest the message thing! (however, now that my daughter will be back in the house....:(
  • butterfly23
    butterfly23 Member Posts: 256

My plate over-floweth!
    You're right - my plate has been so full that I have pulled out the Thanksgiving turkey platter! (make it stop daddy, make it stop!)

I turned 47 in November, and for the last year I would skip one or 2 every now and again. I actually had the last one right after surgery (I expect brought on by the surgery) in November, started the chemo in December and haven't had one since (and I definately don't miss it). I've tried to ask my mother about the menopause thing, but she has no answers since she is still on the pill (at 67). My onc said that the chemo shuts down the ovaries and throws you into menopause and said that after a few months he could give me something, but I never thought to ask about the libido part! I miss that....

Hey - it's not that Nick is bugging me or anything, it's me bugging me - but I am going to suggest the message thing! (however, now that my daughter will be back in the house....:(

HI
    I am on my 14 round of 5 fu with the fanny pack also, I am EXHAUSTED for about 5 days! Every treatment! I can't work for the 5 days, once in a great while I will get a good treatment and be awake through most of it, but if I get one then I am complete opposite and I am sooo hyper, so I guess we can't win!!!!! Well, Yes we can win, keep fighting:) I'm tired of wearing these boxing gloves, but we do what we have too! Good luck with your other situation with your son..
    Karyn
  • daydreamer110761

HI
    I am on my 14 round of 5 fu with the fanny pack also, I am EXHAUSTED for about 5 days! Every treatment! I can't work for the 5 days, once in a great while I will get a good treatment and be awake through most of it, but if I get one then I am complete opposite and I am sooo hyper, so I guess we can't win!!!!! Well, Yes we can win, keep fighting:) I'm tired of wearing these boxing gloves, but we do what we have too! Good luck with your other situation with your son..
    Karyn

Tired longer now
    Yeah, in the beginning I thought - not too bad - the IV came out on Thursday and by Saturday I was fine. Well, this was round 7 and it's Monday, and I am still tired. But, the stress level is a bit lower, so I guess all is good. Hey - I even drank a slurpee at the movies yesterday.....

Thanx Karyn on the son thing - It's hard enough to deal with the chemo, and then have 3 disfunctional kids that live 2000 miles away to worry about.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

Tired longer now
    Yeah, in the beginning I thought - not too bad - the IV came out on Thursday and by Saturday I was fine. Well, this was round 7 and it's Monday, and I am still tired. But, the stress level is a bit lower, so I guess all is good. Hey - I even drank a slurpee at the movies yesterday.....

Thanx Karyn on the son thing - It's hard enough to deal with the chemo, and then have 3 disfunctional kids that live 2000 miles away to worry about.

Kids
    I'm sorry you are having difficulty with your children. That I know is a stress that you don't need either. Maybe with the one son away for 2 years you can fight this battle and bring yourself to complete health. I know as a mother I worry about all my kids and they are grown, but you never quit worrying about their safety or security.

You are over half way through the treatment - you have to feel so good about that.

Keep up the strength and try to get as much rest as possible. Things will work out with the kids.

Kim
  • daydreamer110761

Kids
    I'm sorry you are having difficulty with your children. That I know is a stress that you don't need either. Maybe with the one son away for 2 years you can fight this battle and bring yourself to complete health. I know as a mother I worry about all my kids and they are grown, but you never quit worrying about their safety or security.

You are over half way through the treatment - you have to feel so good about that.

Keep up the strength and try to get as much rest as possible. Things will work out with the kids.

Kim

difficulty?
    Yeah just a bit! I wish I knew then what I know now! isn't that what we all say? I talked to my father yesterday, and at 70, he still worries - it never ends does it?

Just over the hill with the treatment, and now that I am there, I can't help thinking the way others do - I'm gonna be free for a month or two and find out that it is elsewhere, and it will never end. I guess that isn't the way one should think, but it's like on the way up can't wait til it's over, and on the way down, not sure it will end. maybe I am having a bad day?
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

difficulty?
    Yeah just a bit! I wish I knew then what I know now! isn't that what we all say? I talked to my father yesterday, and at 70, he still worries - it never ends does it?

Just over the hill with the treatment, and now that I am there, I can't help thinking the way others do - I'm gonna be free for a month or two and find out that it is elsewhere, and it will never end. I guess that isn't the way one should think, but it's like on the way up can't wait til it's over, and on the way down, not sure it will end. maybe I am having a bad day?

No....
    ...don't think like that, stress isn't good for it, make sure you just keep your mind free of it, I know easier said then done, but just look to living your days to the fullest, no matter what, and you never know what the future holds, you don't know if it will come up elsewhere, it may not, just keep thinking of better things besides the cancer, life goes on, no matter what, you just get through these treatments, you're doing so well, take good care of yourself, and yes, it's hard not to worry about the kids, but your health is first, you have to be strong for them as well :)
  • daydreamer110761
    Shayenne said:

No....
    ...don't think like that, stress isn't good for it, make sure you just keep your mind free of it, I know easier said then done, but just look to living your days to the fullest, no matter what, and you never know what the future holds, you don't know if it will come up elsewhere, it may not, just keep thinking of better things besides the cancer, life goes on, no matter what, you just get through these treatments, you're doing so well, take good care of yourself, and yes, it's hard not to worry about the kids, but your health is first, you have to be strong for them as well :)

a bump in the road
    is how i feel about cancer - but the bumps, like most of my life are gonna keep on coming! gonna beat this - one way or another. It's all good. someday, soon, i'd like to talk to you...you're always so happy!
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

a bump in the road
    is how i feel about cancer - but the bumps, like most of my life are gonna keep on coming! gonna beat this - one way or another. It's all good. someday, soon, i'd like to talk to you...you're always so happy!

You're right, it's a Bump!
    ...a big bump in the road, but even though I have cancer, I've had a good life and blessed with healthy kids and a good husband who has been a godsend in helping me get through this, so I have to outweigh the good with the bad, and there's too much good in life to let this stupid cancer get in my way, I like to have fun, laugh, and not let much get me down, sure I have my days where I may think...man, it's scary, but of course, I've never been one to dwell on the bad, I just move on, life is too short for anyone to just be negative about everything and complain and **** about life.. life is what you make of it, so I like to make the best of it while I'm here! you can talk to me anytime :)

Huggs to you!
    ~Donna