Possible to develope tumor in both breasts

DieOmaBirgit
DieOmaBirgit Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This is my first time posting and I cant believe I am here. I did not want to post until I had a diagnosis. Last Sunday I felt soreness in my left breast and felt what I suspected was a lump. I went to the doctor first thing Monday. The doctor also felt a lump. I did not feel anything on the other side. However, since the examination I feel like I have pain on the other side. Tuesday is my mammogram but I feel like it will never get here. I keeping going between total panic, warrior mode and shock all at the same time.

Comments

• NorcalJ
    NorcalJ Member Posts: 187
    Lumps
    Glad you found us,but not that you needed to. Most lumps, bumps, and even mammogram findings are benign -not cancer. And when I say benign, I mean like about 80% (I think that's the #). So you need to listen to your warrior voice!

Many times the lumps are caused by hormones (monthly) and will disappear, or become smaller. Most are nothing!!! The fact that the Dr. took your concerns seriously enough to order a mammogram and didn't just pat you on the head is a good thing and tells me you have a good doc.

Let us know what you find out---in the meantime, breath!
  • DieOmaBirgit
    DieOmaBirgit Member Posts: 2
    NorcalJ said:

Lumps
    Glad you found us,but not that you needed to. Most lumps, bumps, and even mammogram findings are benign -not cancer. And when I say benign, I mean like about 80% (I think that's the #). So you need to listen to your warrior voice!

Many times the lumps are caused by hormones (monthly) and will disappear, or become smaller. Most are nothing!!! The fact that the Dr. took your concerns seriously enough to order a mammogram and didn't just pat you on the head is a good thing and tells me you have a good doc.

Let us know what you find out---in the meantime, breath!

Possible to develope tumor in both breasts
    Thank you for responding so quickly you made me feel so much more less alone. I guess I am not the only one up at 3 in the morning. I will try and go back to sleep now. I will keep everyone posted in the upcoming days (hopefully)of my results.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Not Alone
    You are definitely not alone. I hope that you did get some sleep. The waiting is the hardest part. I also would like to reassure you that most lumps are benign. And, even if it does turn out to be cancer, it sounds as if you have caught it very, very early. That makes all the difference.

We are here for you. Please let us know how it goes. We will be thinking of you and hoping for good news next week.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    My sister had a lump but it
    My sister had a lump but it turned out to be a cyst. Just have to test and find out what it is. Make sure you tell the doctor about the pain on the other side. They can check that out too.
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Hang in there and try and be
    Hang in there and try and be calm. As others have said, 80% of breast lumps turn out to be benign. So, most likely this a cyst or something. I know that it is very difficult waiting for news, especially when its something this serious. I will keep you in my thoughts and be hoping that all is well on tuesday. Keep us informed. Blessings, Eil
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Hello!!
    Just in case you need us~ you have found us! And you will not find a more supportive, empathetic, informed group of mostly women anywhere! And trust me, "The Grandmother Birgit" , not one of us ever wanted to be here!!! But we found our way here out of necessity, and it has gotten us through so much . We have in many instances bonded closer in here to our Cyber-Sisters ( and brothers!) than to our natural families.

Keep us in the loop!!!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    What everyone here said. It
    What everyone here said. It could be many things besides cancer, such as a cyst or fibroadomena. Don't worry; you are doing the right thing by getting this checked out. Good luck. Thinking benign thoughts for you.

Mimi