Off again! Tot ziens!

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, we have booked another trip to The Netherlands. We leave on the 14th of April, return June 9. My beau is having an 'emergency' heart procedure before we go because he can't stay in normal rhythm...so we shall see...

SOOOOO much to do in a bit over a month!!! WHEW!

Hugs, Kathi

On a sad note, one of my patient partners, Dan, passed this week. Please say prayers for his wife and sons. He was dx'ed 3 years ago, stage 4 colon cancer...sigh....no treatment worked to fight off the beast...

Comments

• Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Enjoy and behave!
    My only experience with the Netherlands is changing planes in Amsterdam on my way to and back from Russia in fall 2007. I would love to bring Lisa there someday (but first I have to get her to go to Russia with me).

I am very sorry to hear about Dan. I just received word tonight that a colleague from another department passed away today. Bill had been treated for skin cancer more than a decade ago, but it came back and got him this year. I will include both of them and their families in my prayers.

Joe
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Off and Flying
    Kathi!

Well, you know I don't speak Hollandish, just German, so I will say "Viel Spass"...which sorta kinda means Have Fun. Of course I send Hans healing thoughts, and as for your friend's wife, ((((HUGS))) and all of the empathy we all here at CSN have .

Keep in touch,
    Claudia
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    So sorry about Dan, Kathi,
    So sorry about Dan, Kathi, many prayers for you, his wife and sons. I don't speak Dutch either so I will say, que lo pases bien, which means have a good time in Spanish.

Good luck to your beau with his procedure and please keep us posted.

Hugs, Lili
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    So sorry
    Kathi,

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend Dan, I will lift him and your beau in prayer tonight. Wishing you all the best and a wonderful trip!

RE
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    ((Good vibrations))
    Sending good vibes your way so the heart procedure goes well. I only know one language so: HAVE A GOOD TIME!
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Marcia527 said:

((Good vibrations))
    Sending good vibes your way so the heart procedure goes well. I only know one language so: HAVE A GOOD TIME!

Wow, Kathi. Your life
    Wow, Kathi. Your life continues to be a whirlwind, moving as fast as it can. I am so sorry to hear about Hans and his heart problems, but sounds like he is having the right treatment for the diagnosis. Hopefully he will be up and going in time for The Netherlands. Also sorry to hear about Dan. This really wakes us all up as to what can happen with this horrible disease. Have a great trip, and keep in touch while you are out of the States. I always enjoy reading your posts. Hugs.

Judy
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Tah Tah Kath
    Have a great trip and hope your beau is feeling better. So sorry about your friend. Enjoy the tulips :)
    love
    jan
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Bon Voyage, Kathi!
    I hope you have a great time once again in the Netherlands. Please post once in a while to let us know all the wonderful things you are doing. Getting your posts from around the globe is a nice reminder of how life should be: full of adventure.

All the best to Hans on his surgery. I hope all goes perfectly for him. And so sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer has no mercy, that's for sure. All the more reason to live your life as fully as possible.

Mimi
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    mimivac said:

Bon Voyage, Kathi!
    I hope you have a great time once again in the Netherlands. Please post once in a while to let us know all the wonderful things you are doing. Getting your posts from around the globe is a nice reminder of how life should be: full of adventure.

All the best to Hans on his surgery. I hope all goes perfectly for him. And so sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer has no mercy, that's for sure. All the more reason to live your life as fully as possible.

Mimi

May your enjoy your travels.
    May your enjoy your travels. May Hans do well with his surgery. And I am so sorry about your friend.
    Be sure and take lots of pictures.
    Stef
  • Jan_M
    Jan_M Member Posts: 116
    Heart procedure
    Is he getting an ablation? My daughter had that done last year. Went very well. She and her boyfriend traveled in an RV two weeks later for a week.

Good Luck!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Jan_M said:

Heart procedure
    Is he getting an ablation? My daughter had that done last year. Went very well. She and her boyfriend traveled in an RV two weeks later for a week.

Good Luck!

This is #4....sigh...
    Yes, he has congestive heart failure. And atrial flutter that is dibilitating, not just annoying as it is for many. The last ablation 'lasted' for 8 months with no reoccurance. I HATE this stuff...he is SUCH a BAD patient...I guess because he is a doctor...

My worry has been a bit reduced by a reschedule to March 31, instead of April 6. This gives us 2 weeks (the usual danger time for clots) to pass before we climb to 35,000 feet...

Thank you, Jan, for your warm words...I very much appreciate them!

Hugs, Kathi