having my first pet scan tomorrow

Lauracec
Lauracec Member Posts: 101
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
since my numbers have been steadily climbing and the gyn -onc thinks I have another suspicious spot I get the pet scan tomorrow and ct scan saturday. alittle nervous about the pet scan I'm kinda hoping no cancer shows up. wouldn't that be amazing. anyone know how reliable the pet scan is? God Bless, Laura

Comments

• JoanC
    JoanC Member Posts: 231 Member
    Pet Scan
    Laura,
    I have heard that the pet scan picks up stuff that the ct scan does not and vice versa so it sounds like you are covered. Which is a good thing....
    Thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow.
    (((HUGS)))
    Joan
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Pet CT
    I have had a couple pet/ct scans and they do show more activity. My doc says just to remember that even though it lights up doesnt' mean for it's cancer. Come back and let us know how it goes. Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie
  • JanQ
    JanQ Member Posts: 236
    Pet scan
    Hey Laura, what are your numbers now. You are in my prayers. Miracles happen everyday.
  • ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    Good Luck
    Hi Laura, Wishing you good luck on your pet/ct-scan and that everything shows up clear.
    Sending positive thoughts your way.
    Hugs and Prayers, Terry
  • marcy
    marcy Member Posts: 58
    Good luck! I hope and pray
    Good luck! I hope and pray your scan comes out clear. :) God Bless.
  • Lauracec
    Lauracec Member Posts: 101
    marcy said:

Good luck! I hope and pray
    Good luck! I hope and pray your scan comes out clear. :) God Bless.

thankyou everyone
    I had the pet scan today and we get the results I imagine by next week. I feel pretty at peace about the whole thing. anyway to answer Jans question. my numbers are only at about 47. not high but that was what they were b-4 surgery and chemo and then they went down to 8 all these monthes. so I guess thats high for me. God Bless everyone and thanks for prayers. ps. I found being in the pet scan is real nice quite place to pray. it went by real fast
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Lauracec said:

thankyou everyone
    I had the pet scan today and we get the results I imagine by next week. I feel pretty at peace about the whole thing. anyway to answer Jans question. my numbers are only at about 47. not high but that was what they were b-4 surgery and chemo and then they went down to 8 all these monthes. so I guess thats high for me. God Bless everyone and thanks for prayers. ps. I found being in the pet scan is real nice quite place to pray. it went by real fast

Peace
    Hi Laura,

Glad to read you were at peace ~ that alone is such a blessing isn't it ~ then to use the time to pray ♥♥

I am like you and can have a ca125 of 6 with lots of solid measurable tumors, so it does take more than a ca125 to stay on top of the cancer. Hugs n Prayers Bonnie