joining the port club tomorrow morning

tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I will be having my port put in tomorrow morning. Leaving extra early since we are getting a big snow storm again here in Maine.
I was nervous at first when they mentioned the port but I am comfortable now with the idea after reading all the other posts. I want to save my veins if my treatments are going to be for 1 year and 4 months like they say.

Margo

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Good luck tomorrow Margo.
    Good luck tomorrow Margo. You will do fine. Sending cyber hugs and prayers your way. Lili
  • Wibby
    Wibby Member Posts: 27
    Best of luck tomorrow
    Hi Margo,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you as you start the next phase of your fight. I, too, live in Maine and am dreading yet another snow storm! I had my port put in a little more than a year ago in a snowstorm. I loved my port on chemo. days - tolerated it the rest of the time. It's gone now and I'm on the mend. I'm hoping the time passes quickly for you and you will be through with your battle.
    With loving thoughts and prayers,
    Libby
  • tommaseena
    Wibby said:

Best of luck tomorrow
    Hi Margo,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you as you start the next phase of your fight. I, too, live in Maine and am dreading yet another snow storm! I had my port put in a little more than a year ago in a snowstorm. I loved my port on chemo. days - tolerated it the rest of the time. It's gone now and I'm on the mend. I'm hoping the time passes quickly for you and you will be through with your battle.
    With loving thoughts and prayers,
    Libby

thanks lili and libby
    Thanks for the response and prayers.
    My son was born 5 1/2 years ago and it seems like yesterday so I am hoping that this chemo thing goes just as fast.
    Preparing for loss of hair as well. Getting my hair cut short on Thursday and when I need to shave it my son wants to join me.

Thanks again.
    Margo
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    port
    Good luck!

Maureen
  • gerrico1216
    gerrico1216 Member Posts: 41
    Good Luck
    Margo, I had my Port in Tuesday. I was scared also. Very sore the first couple of days. But now doing okay with it. tenderness. I think you will do great.

God Bless

Darlene
  • divablu
    divablu Member Posts: 75
    What I liked best about my
    What I liked best about my port was when they took it out! My port was good and true, never had any problem with it.

I wish you a safe drive in the snow, and an easy port placement surgery!

HUGGS!
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    port
    good luck with the port you will do just great. hugs and love to go with you. tomorrow and aways
  • jaavon2002
    jaavon2002 Member Posts: 57
    Good Luck...
    Good luck with your port surgery. Mine is scheduled for March 12th and I'm not too scared about that part. After my lumpectomy and node dissection, I think that pain will be a walk in the park. I am still a little sore and can't lift my arm all the up without it hurting a bit, hopefully it will be fully recovered by March 12th.
  • tommaseena

Good Luck...
    Good luck with your port surgery. Mine is scheduled for March 12th and I'm not too scared about that part. After my lumpectomy and node dissection, I think that pain will be a walk in the park. I am still a little sore and can't lift my arm all the up without it hurting a bit, hopefully it will be fully recovered by March 12th.

port
    Jaavon2002,
    I hope yours is an easy experience compared to mine. Let me know how your goes on March 12th.

Good thoughts being sent.
    Margo
  • Wibby
    Wibby Member Posts: 27

port
    Jaavon2002,
    I hope yours is an easy experience compared to mine. Let me know how your goes on March 12th.

Good thoughts being sent.
    Margo

More Information?
    Hi Margo,
    Are you home already? How did it go? From your reply to Jaavon, it sounds like you had a very bad experience. What happened?
    My thoughts and prayers are with you!
    Libby
  • tommaseena
    Wibby said:

More Information?
    Hi Margo,
    Are you home already? How did it go? From your reply to Jaavon, it sounds like you had a very bad experience. What happened?
    My thoughts and prayers are with you!
    Libby

see post: port today
    See my other post: PORT TODAY.
    It was horrible.
    Procedure was done around 9 and I left the hospital at 10:30. Walked out on my own--no wheelchair.

Margo
  • jeanne1948
    jeanne1948 Member Posts: 18
    port
    Best thing I ever had done...no more trying to find my veins...ouch
  • Jan_M
    Jan_M Member Posts: 116
    Port Out
    How did getting the port out go. I hopefully get mine out next week?
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Jan_M said:

Port Out
    How did getting the port out go. I hopefully get mine out next week?

Jan, make sure they do it
    Jan, make sure they do it under light sedation. You don't want to be awake and only given a local to have it removed. Hugs, Lili