Ruptured Breast Implant

chriss26
chriss26 Member Posts: 18
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am new to this site. I am a seven year survivor of multi focal ductal carcinoma. I had my right breast removed and went through reconstruction like a breeze. Each step was like rebuilding my life. I thank God every day for survival!! A few days ago after a regular house cleaning and a light workout I removed my sweatshirt to shower and almost passed out at what I saw. My reconstructed breast was almost flat with only parts of the empty bag trying to poke through my skin. I am devastated!! I am right back to the day the bandage was removed. My doctor said the implant has a 10 year warrenty and will be replaced with my costs consisting of pre op, and hospital fees such as anestesia and operating costs. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Chris

Comments

• EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Sorry
    I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I can see where it could happen, I had a lumpectomy and haven't heard of this personally, only in theory. Was it saline or silicone? Hopefully, someone here will be able to speak to this.

Maureen
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Chris, I have heard of them
    Chris, I have heard of them rupturing. When I first joined the site, I was looking into reconstruction and I posed the question of whether I should do the tram flap or the implants, and someone had mentioned that they could rupture. I'm sorry you're having to go through this, I think we all hope that it would be a one shot deal and not have to go through surgery again. Please keep us posted. Hugs, Lili
  • chriss26
    chriss26 Member Posts: 18

Chris, I have heard of them
    Chris, I have heard of them rupturing. When I first joined the site, I was looking into reconstruction and I posed the question of whether I should do the tram flap or the implants, and someone had mentioned that they could rupture. I'm sorry you're having to go through this, I think we all hope that it would be a one shot deal and not have to go through surgery again. Please keep us posted. Hugs, Lili

Thanks for your support. I
    Thanks for your support. I had saline implants as I was informed I did not have enough for the tram flap. The surgery was not that bad but to go through it again was not in my plans. Thanks and I will keep you updated. Chris