Return to Work after 3years of tx

Options
3cbrca
3cbrca Member Posts: 206
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi All

I'm finally finished with 2 1/2 years of chemo, RT and surgeries and ready to return to work. I need to hang on to my benefits and I can't afford not to work. - the only problem is that my job is being terminated this spring. I'm in my late 50's and the world has changed.

Does anyone know of any cancer support groups that can help me rewrite my resume and give me some guidance and advice on how to account for the last 3 years of basically doing part-time "odd jobs" at work after a very successful career. I feel like a babe in the woods having to go out look for a job after all that I've been through. I think this might be scarier than some of the cancer treatments.

Any referrals or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, She

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Hi She, so glad you are done
    Hi She, so glad you are done with all your treatment and ready to go back to work. Have you tried ACS, they might have volunteers that may be able to help you with writing new resumes. Keep us posted. Hugs, Lili
  • MelissaMF
    MelissaMF Member Posts: 9
    Options
    I've worked in HR for 20
    I've worked in HR for 20 years and would be glad to help! If you want, you can send me your resume and what you have been doing for the last couple of years and your current career intersts and skills and I will try to help you! Send it to my e-mail address at MelissaMF@Comcast.net I'd really like to help.