New to CSN

Options
JoanC
JoanC Member Posts: 231
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,
Lauracec told me about CSN when I met her in the DR.'s office waiting room.
I was diagnosed with Stage 3c Ovarian cancer on April 3, 2008.....I was in shock! I am 65 yrs old and had never even heard of Ovarian Cancer. I have had a rough time with treatment as I am sure we all have had......but finished Chemo on Oct. 6 2008 and getting stronger every day....I am in remission with my CA125 at 8.....I go for my next CT scan and CA125 in middle of Feb 2009
Wish my hair would grow faster but sooooooo glad to be alive and only minor aches and pains now.
I really enjoy coming and reading what you all write and have found out I am not alone in this and this is wonderful.
What is Teal Warrior or Hugs??
I found a web site that is for research for gynecologic/oncology cancers only....when you make tax deductible donation they send you a sterling silver or 14k charm in the shape of a high heel shoe....their campaign "Steppin Out Against Gyn/Onc Cancer" the web site if you want to check it out is
http://www.gog.org/steppinout.html
Thanks to all of you.
Hugs,JoanC

Comments

• BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Teal Warrior
    Dear Joan, Welcome to the board ~ I am so glad Laura told you about the csn site. I love your picture!! Where are you from, all the snow I know it isn't in the south. :-)

Teal is the color for ovarian cancer, so a Teal Warrior is you or me or anyone who has had to battle this disease. I have an over active imagination and my brain always produces a picture for me about things. There are so many women here having to fight this disease the picture of a Teal Warrior came to mind, all armoured up with our faith, hope, courage, chemo ~ the list is long ~ whatever it takes to get us through.

Teal Hugs are just a fun way of using the word Teal... that's it ~ no big meaning behind it. Hope I don't confuse to many people with my colorful made up messages, my mind has always done this so I can't blame chemo or cancer. LOL

So sending Buckets of Teal Hugs ♥ Prayers to you. ☺ Bonnie
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    WELCOME, JOAN!
    I love your picture also! I'm in Michigan, and this picture could be representative of what we've had lately, including sub-zero temps like Bonnie.

Well, it sounds like you are doing well, and that you responded to chemo. Now your time can be spent getting your strength back, and enjoy life and being a survivor! So glad you've found this site, as we are all warriors here (as Bonnie would say!) and we have lot to share. I'll check out that website - thanks for sharing. We really need to have more involvement for ovarian and other gynecological cancers. We need better diagnostic tools, and certainly more treatment options. We have come a long way, but there is still so much more to accomplish. I'm praying that 2009 will give us some tremendous breakthoughs!

Keep in touch!

Luv & Hugs & Prayers,
    Monika
  • green50
    green50 Member Posts: 312
    Options
    Hi JoanC
    Glad you have found the site and I hope your in remission forever. I have had a lot of support with this site. Hope all keeps going well for you
    Sandy
  • green50
    Options
    BonnieR said:

Teal Warrior
    Dear Joan, Welcome to the board ~ I am so glad Laura told you about the csn site. I love your picture!! Where are you from, all the snow I know it isn't in the south. :-)

Teal is the color for ovarian cancer, so a Teal Warrior is you or me or anyone who has had to battle this disease. I have an over active imagination and my brain always produces a picture for me about things. There are so many women here having to fight this disease the picture of a Teal Warrior came to mind, all armoured up with our faith, hope, courage, chemo ~ the list is long ~ whatever it takes to get us through.

Teal Hugs are just a fun way of using the word Teal... that's it ~ no big meaning behind it. Hope I don't confuse to many people with my colorful made up messages, my mind has always done this so I can't blame chemo or cancer. LOL

So sending Buckets of Teal Hugs ♥ Prayers to you. ☺ Bonnie

Teal Hugs is Great
    I like that thought Bonnie Teal Hugs. Well My biopsy on my neck came back and yes its my cancer in the lymphnodes. Guess I will be going back to Taxitere or Etopiside. Just another bump in the road as my husband use to say. And they are real small so will see. I don't feel bad. Sometimes I joke with my dr and ask him,"Are you sure I have cancer? Because other then the chemo effects of being tired and weak I don't know." He laughs and says I am an unusual case but yes unfortuneately you have cancer. I tell him well least I do better then others except for having to take chemo a lot. I hope all of you are doing good Bonnie, you and I have had it quite a while and yes we are still going strong. The Good Lord is with us.
    Teal Hugs
    And Many Prayers For All
    Sandy
  • green50
    Options
    mopar said:

WELCOME, JOAN!
    I love your picture also! I'm in Michigan, and this picture could be representative of what we've had lately, including sub-zero temps like Bonnie.

Well, it sounds like you are doing well, and that you responded to chemo. Now your time can be spent getting your strength back, and enjoy life and being a survivor! So glad you've found this site, as we are all warriors here (as Bonnie would say!) and we have lot to share. I'll check out that website - thanks for sharing. We really need to have more involvement for ovarian and other gynecological cancers. We need better diagnostic tools, and certainly more treatment options. We have come a long way, but there is still so much more to accomplish. I'm praying that 2009 will give us some tremendous breakthoughs!

Keep in touch!

Luv & Hugs & Prayers,
    Monika

Yes Monika
    Maybe 2009 they will have a cure or maybe something that will control it better. We have each other and that does help but I hate seeing so many have cancer. But I don't feel bad as I sad in my previous message after JoanC. Well my family is going to a restaurant tomorrow for my 51st birthday so I am blessed with a nice family who supports me. My mom and dad are 80 years young and seem to be in good health after their battle with cancer both early detected so they are good now. This was last year and the year before. Differnent kinds. Well again hope all are doing good. I am in Indiana and yes the weather is cold. I was born in Michigan and grew up there. Alma, Michigan.
    Teal hugs and
    Prayers for all
    Sandy
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Welcome to this great support group! I am 70 and been fighting since March 2, 2007, Stage IV. My numbers started up and they put me on the anti estrogen pill and last month the CA 125 decreased from 84 to 48. I had blood drawn Thursday and will get the results Monday when I see the oncologist. I have had good results with surgery and chemo, as well. Thanks for the link to the research site. I will check it out. We all need to stay informed and we all need ((HUGS)) and prayers. Thanks for sharing. You can click on the pictures and it will link you to our profile page if you want to get to know us better.

I haven't had chemo since Sept. 2 and my hair is just now long and thick enough to go out in public. So, I'm with you in wanting it to grow faster. I'm in West Texas. (((HUGS)) Saundra
  • MsEddie
    MsEddie Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Also new
    Hi! I'm also new to this website. I found out about it in a cancer society newsletter. I wondered about the Teal thing too. Actually, I like teal and look pretty good in it, so I guess I'll just have to wear it more often now. I was diagnosed, stage IV in Jan 2006, lost may hair completely (went bald) re-grew it to what is in the picture, then had to have more chemo - which left it real thin. I'm still holding on to my hair clips etc. from when my hair was waist lenght because "ya never know!"

Keep on keeping on,
    Edwina