First pet scan results

emrose
emrose Member Posts: 136
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello everyone

Because my husband was misdiagnosed (see "new-wife of-34 yr old....." post) and his cancer was not found until he had surgery for what we thought was crohns, he never had any scans or blood tests to determine the extent of the cancer. The tumor was pretty big, about T3 but almost considered T4 because there was perforation. (when we thought it was crohns he had an abcess that was surgicaly drained, we now realize it was the tumor breaking through - yikes!) so, it's been hard not really knowing the full extent of the cancer.

Anyway, we got the PET scan results today and they were GREAT!!!!! No spread - all organs are clean! Apparently there was some minor activity where the esophogus meets the stomach and a little at the sight of the surgery but nothing he thought was cancer. He did a CT scan before and those areas were good so the Oncologist said everything was just about perfect!! No signs of cancer at all!!! And he even said we could take our trip to Mexico before he starts chemo!!

As for the baby we want to try for (see the "am I crazy" post) - no final decision there but we will be figuring that out soon. We really just wanted to know what we were dealing with here. He'll be banking some sperm either way but we might just go for it! I know I know... There are many factors we are still considering... I'll let you all know!

Anyway, for now we are just so relieved that there were good results today. The first good news since we started the journey with the crohns (mis)diagnoses!! I bought a juicer (thanks emily) and we'll be doing a lot to stay healthy moving forward... It really is a new year!!!

Thank you all for being here :)
Laura

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Great!
    Laura, that's just so fabulous. I'm VERY happy for y'all! Enjoy your trip and use that time to either prayerfully think about when to have a baby... or work on making a baby. *smiles*

*Hugs*
    Gail
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Well He did it again.......
    Well, The Man upstairs sent another gift down.....Hes pretty good at that......You will find out after this is all said and done with how much stronger your marriage gets when something like this comes about.....and Im so glad that its all in one spot....God Bless ya both.......
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375 Member
    Congratulations, Laura!!
    That is excellent news!!! Now you can run off to Mexico and have a fabulous vacation, knowing that all is going to go well. Sure, there will be the chemo and the back and forth to doctors' appts. but the big picture is great news!!! :):)

Huggggggs,

Cheryl
  • emrose
    emrose Member Posts: 136

Congratulations, Laura!!
    That is excellent news!!! Now you can run off to Mexico and have a fabulous vacation, knowing that all is going to go well. Sure, there will be the chemo and the back and forth to doctors' appts. but the big picture is great news!!! :):)

Huggggggs,

Cheryl

Gail, buzzard, cheryl
    Thank you!!! I know this journey is far from over for us but it's nice to relax for a little while. Time to heal from surgery completely, relax in Mexico, and enjoy the good days!! Gail - Mexico sure would be a good place to start a family :-) but we'll see!! Still a lot to talk about, and several important decisions to make.

I really appreciate your support!
    Laura