Finished my eight rounds of chemo today...

CR1954
CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Finished my eight rounds of chemo today and just wanted to say thank you for all of the encouragement and support that I have received here. I appreciate each and every one of you...your kindness and your patience in answering my constant questions.

With your help, I have gone from "OMG, I can't do this!" to "I can be a survivor, I am strong enough to make it!"

Now, a year of Herceptin to go (piece o' cake) and radiation. I will make it through all of it and I will come out the other side, a better and wiser person for it. And having made new friends here!

Thank you all!

CR

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS
    Congrats my friend at finishing your chemo, that is a wonderful milestone I am so happy for you! Now on to rads which for me was easier than chemo. Congrats again and Merry Christmas!

RE
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    RE said:

WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS
    Congrats my friend at finishing your chemo, that is a wonderful milestone I am so happy for you! Now on to rads which for me was easier than chemo. Congrats again and Merry Christmas!

RE

That's great!
    What an accomplishment! Congrats. I can't wait till I get there.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Congratulations!! As each
    Congratulations!! As each day passes your memory of chemo will fade! Good luck with the rest of your treatment!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm dancing for you!!!!
    YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!

Note to self: Make sure to stand a bit AWAY from the fire...ALL body hair singed....

Hugs, Kathi
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    KathiM said:

I'm dancing for you!!!!
    YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!

NAKED HAPPY DANCE!!!

Note to self: Make sure to stand a bit AWAY from the fire...ALL body hair singed....

Hugs, Kathi

LOLOL Kathi....
    LOLOL Kathi!! I burst out laughing when I read your post! You are a hoot, girl!

Thank you everybody, for the congrats! I feel like I have passed a milestone and you all understand!

Hugs to all!!!
    CR
  • NicoleYauger
    NicoleYauger Member Posts: 12
    Awesome
    I am very happy for you. Today my mom is half way done with her chemo. We were just talking about how great it will be on her last treatment day and then I read your comment. Glad to know today was someone's last day and will be celebrating in thought for you. You go Girl!
  • base61ball
    base61ball Member Posts: 125
    Done with chemo
    Congratulations! Rads was a breeze compared to chemo for me. Many blessings are being sent your way.
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Oh Happy Day,,,,
    With apologies to the composer of the spiritual, "Oh, Happy Day" I would like to sing, "Oh, happy day, when chemo washed, when chemo washed, my cancer away. Oh happy day..." Corny, I know but when I read your post, that's what popped into my mind. Congratulations and enjoy your holidays. I'm so happy for you. Love, Marilynn
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    You go girl! Seems like the
    You go girl! Seems like the end was never getting here fast enough but YOU did it. Congrats and Merry Christmas. Love ya, Lili
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    I am so happy with you!
    I am so happy with you! Radiation was easy for me. And I call my every three week Herceptin drips not chemo, but social visits to the chemo room.
    I would guess you will be feeling pretty perky by Christmas morning. Hope Santa leaves you some shampoo and creme rinse in your stocking!
    Love and happiness, Joyce
  • Derbygirl
    Derbygirl Member Posts: 198
    Glad you're done with the
    Glad you're done with the bad stuff. Radiation will be a breeze compared to chemo...I know that because I'm 5 days away from being finished with rads. Christmas Eve will be my last treatment. What a Christmas gift to myself! Good Luck.