Looking for other Stage 4 metastatic Breast cancer survivors

tres474
tres474 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi, I am new to this site and looking to talk to other members who have had stage 4 metastatic breast cancer where it came back but in the lungs and are still surviving.

I am interested in how long you have been CT scan clear of any evidence and what you are doing for prevention of reoccurence.

I finished chemo tx one year ago and CT scans are still showing no evidence. It had come back and was in both lungs, some in liver, lymph node, mammory gland - and all diminished from tx. I am looking for hope that others out there are still surviving and living life.

thank you,
Tres in Bend, OR

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Hi Tres, wanted to welcome
    Hi Tres, wanted to welcome you to our board. I was dx with stage 1 and finished my treatments last year and though I don't have your experience I just wanted you to know that there are some members here who were stage 4 metastatic and are still here with us today. I am hoping they sign on and answer your post. Hugs, Lili
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    HELLO FROM RE
    Hi Tres,

I was dx with stage 4 bc in 1997, it was in a prominent lymph node and my chest wall. I was treated with 18 infusions and 10 weeks of rads. Once the treatment was over I asked onco man what i should do to avoid a recurrance, he told me there is really no sure fire way to avoid it. He has encouraged me to exercise at least 4 times a week so we walk a few miles to keep things moving. I generally eat a sensible diet, omitting most fat. I try to live my live in spite of cancer rather than with cancer. I did get cancer for a third time in 2007, however that was not related to the stage 4 cancer.

I hope this has helped a bit. There are stage 4 survivors out there, be strong and encouraged.

Hugs,

RE
  • tres474
    RE said:

HELLO FROM RE
    Hi Tres,

I was dx with stage 4 bc in 1997, it was in a prominent lymph node and my chest wall. I was treated with 18 infusions and 10 weeks of rads. Once the treatment was over I asked onco man what i should do to avoid a recurrance, he told me there is really no sure fire way to avoid it. He has encouraged me to exercise at least 4 times a week so we walk a few miles to keep things moving. I generally eat a sensible diet, omitting most fat. I try to live my live in spite of cancer rather than with cancer. I did get cancer for a third time in 2007, however that was not related to the stage 4 cancer.

I hope this has helped a bit. There are stage 4 survivors out there, be strong and encouraged.

Hugs,

RE

Thank you
    Thank you RE for answering my request. It is such a great day to hear from someone that is living life and has not had a reoccurence for 11 years! That is awesome. I too, am trying to eat healthy and am starting to exercise more. I have heard that both are important. Have you spoke to any other metastatic breast cancer survivors? Are you taking an aromatese inhibitor for prevention at all?

Thank you so much. I hope you and your family are gearing up for the holidays and being in the thankful spirit.

Hugs,
    Tres in Bend, OR
  • tres474

Hi Tres, wanted to welcome
    Hi Tres, wanted to welcome you to our board. I was dx with stage 1 and finished my treatments last year and though I don't have your experience I just wanted you to know that there are some members here who were stage 4 metastatic and are still here with us today. I am hoping they sign on and answer your post. Hugs, Lili

Thank you
    Hi Lili,
    Thank you so much for your correspondence and words of hope. I am happy for your successful treatment and to hear that you are doing GREAT!!!! I am encouraged to hear that you have spoke to members that have had metastatic breat cancer and are living without reoccurence for some time. That does give me more hope.

I hope to hear from others.

May your holiday be filled with much love and gratitude. I am so happy for you.

Hugs,
    Tres in Bend, OR