Results: Stable

Stardust1
Stardust1 Member Posts: 44
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I would like feedback on the results of my sister CAT scan, after having about 5-6 chemo, doctor says it's STABLE. She will be off chemo for 1 month, and will be checked. Is this a good sign, that it's stable and could it start again? I'm alittle lost on the results, what is next.

God Bless ALL and Take Care

Comments

• soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    Just a hunch
    It is hard to determine exactly what a doctor means when he uses a word like 'stable' but I can tell you in all candor that it would not be my preferred answer from OncoMan. I would prefer No Evidence of Disease or All Clear. Stable implies to me that the chemotherapy is doing its job and that the cancer is not growing, but, perhaps, is also not retreating.

That is all speculation, of course, and the person to ask, really, is your sister's doctor. Or your sister.

Still, 'stable' beats a few of the other alternatives! And it DOES mean that the chemo is having a productive effect!

Good luck to you and sis!

Take care,

Joe
  • Stardust1
    Stardust1 Member Posts: 44

Just a hunch
    It is hard to determine exactly what a doctor means when he uses a word like 'stable' but I can tell you in all candor that it would not be my preferred answer from OncoMan. I would prefer No Evidence of Disease or All Clear. Stable implies to me that the chemotherapy is doing its job and that the cancer is not growing, but, perhaps, is also not retreating.

That is all speculation, of course, and the person to ask, really, is your sister's doctor. Or your sister.

Still, 'stable' beats a few of the other alternatives! And it DOES mean that the chemo is having a productive effect!

Good luck to you and sis!

Take care,

Joe

Dear Joe, I will get more information, as my sister is far away. From what I heard so far, she had a 5cm tumor,now down to 4cm.branches wrapped around her lung and its stable. But spread to bones, I"m trying to support her, but I'm not her, and the results are overwhelming for anyone. All I can do is let her know I'm here if she needs someone to talk too, and I LOVE HER WITH ALL MY HEART.
    Thank you for your quick reply and knowledge, it means alot to me.

God Bless and Take Care
  • mfarner
    mfarner Member Posts: 6
    Stardust1 said:

Dear Joe, I will get more information, as my sister is far away. From what I heard so far, she had a 5cm tumor,now down to 4cm.branches wrapped around her lung and its stable. But spread to bones, I"m trying to support her, but I'm not her, and the results are overwhelming for anyone. All I can do is let her know I'm here if she needs someone to talk too, and I LOVE HER WITH ALL MY HEART.
    Thank you for your quick reply and knowledge, it means alot to me.

God Bless and Take Care

Stable can be a good thing
    I have small cell lung cancer. I took tons of chemo and radiation. My oncologist kept telling me that I am stable. The tumors are not going away but they are also not getting bigger or spreading. They gave me six months to live after I could no longer take more chemo. That was in Oct 2002. God is good and I am still stable.

Mark
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    mfarner said:

Stable can be a good thing
    I have small cell lung cancer. I took tons of chemo and radiation. My oncologist kept telling me that I am stable. The tumors are not going away but they are also not getting bigger or spreading. They gave me six months to live after I could no longer take more chemo. That was in Oct 2002. God is good and I am still stable.

Mark

:)
    Congrats, Mark!

Take care,

Joe