endometrial adenocarcinoma

I have already posted my problem.. But need some help that I am still waiting to read.
I have stage IV, Grade III.. uterus cancer.. doctors called it Endometroid adenocarcinoma..
had complete hysteroctomy. after the surgery I i was scheduled for 6 time of chemo, Taxol/Carboplatin.. Took 2 of them stopped and than took 15 times (daily) radiotherapy for the abdominal tumor. than took one mor cycle of chemo..
so,I got 3 chemo.. and doctors stopped it because it was not working.. tumors were growing and they saw mets on the lungs.. per CT scan....
Therefore, she is transferring to a University hospital..( Research Center0 to help me?

Anyone out there, that can respond? or had the same situation like mine?
Dr. says.. Taxol/Carbo is the best regimen we have.. So, plainly she dropped me.
Am I a lost case?
Need help
Thank you

Comments

• The easiest way to ...
    Dear Ararat,

The easiest way to locate other CSN members with similar experiences is to type keywords (such as "uterine cancer," "stage 4 uterine," "hysterectomy," etc.) on the search bar at the top of the home page. You can refine your search by clicking on the “Advance search” link listed underneath the search field. The major categories of content on CSN are blogs, discussion boards, “About Me” pages, etc. For example, if you are looking for a specific resource on the Resource Library, you can limit your search to resources only by clicking on the "resource" and "advanced search" button at the bottom of the "advanced search" box. Remember that you must be logged on if you want to post anything on a discussion boards, view personal pages, use the chat room, etc.

Cordially,
    Your CSN Staff
  • hanif
    hanif Member Posts: 8
    Endometrial Adenocarcinoma
    Hi Aarat,
    I also have endometrial adenocarcinoma, stage 4,......it was 1st diaognised in july 2005, i had the radical hysteractomy, did 6 rounds of chemo- Adriamycin/Carboplatin.....my oncologist said the cancer was gone.....stopped the treatment and within 4 months it recurred in my pelvic,peritoneum and outside of the liver.....oncologist put me back on chemo regimen with single agent- Taxol....I have been taking taxol for almost 20 months....the last CT scan shows progression and thus the taxol is not working..

Ararat,

Have you tried Adriamycin........I am told it has 70% success rate....For me, Taxol worked for 20 months, and now it has stopped...I was wondering, what chemo regimen you have been recommended by the university hospital.....I am desperately looking for other options.