New CSN Look

Monicaemilia
Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi - I was talking to a friend who is also a CSN member, and we were both commenting how we are having a harder time with the site since it has been revamped. I like most of it, but what is blocking my full approval is the fact that new RESPONSES go to the top of the list. Previously I would be able to go back exactly where I left off and catch up on all the new posts. I find that if I go into the site after a few days, I miss a lot of posts that may not have had a large number of responses. Does anyone else have this same problem? Monica

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    new postings
    Actually, once i got used to the fact that new postings were notated in the listing, I got to LOVE it. I actually didn't notice right off that it tells you how many postings, and then right underneath it tells you how many new ones! So, if i don't get the time to look at all the new postings, I can see where I left off. Of course, once you go into a thread and leave, all the posts that were new are now considered not new, so you have to read all new posts in a given thread, but I got used to that quick enough! I have always been a big fan of change, so I didn't mind the learning curve!
    Mary
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Yep
    Yeah, I find myself getting jumbled up with it sometimes. Another thing that irritates me since the change is that every time I log in, it greets me by my screen name, but also tells me that I'm not allowed to see the page. It urges me to log in or register today. Hello? You are using my screen name-I AM logged in! Oh, well. Guess we'll get used to it!

Gail
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    The 'new' tag is....
    New to you. It means you have not opened/read some responses to a given post.

It took me a bit, with my chemo brain, to get the hang of it (should I share that I am a computer consultant...no, better not...lol), but now it makes a little bit of sense.

I also look at the last responder, and the date of the original post.

Hugs, Kathi
  • neon356
    neon356 Member Posts: 137 Member
    I too preferred the old site format. I've discovered that if you click on 'created', and then on the down arrow next to it the list will display newest posts first. That way I can see the most recent posts rather than some that may have been created days, weeks, or even months ago. Carl
  • krystiesq
    krystiesq Member Posts: 240 Member
    love it
    I love the new format. I think is more user friendly to those who visit here daily, or like me on here most of the day checking in periodically. I can understand how it could be confusing though, when mom was in the hospital for five days and i was without wireless, I had to really try to catch up on posts. Then again, I've been to so much schooling where you were able to use your computer and be online during class, I am a master at multitasking. Like now, i've got three open screens, three different emails accessible, doing some research and looking over my notes from yesterday about what I need to get done today.
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    missing my old emails
    I think overall the new look is good, but all of my old emails are gone. I had saved every one of them. Most of the people that I had emails from are no longer with us. I am sad to know that I can no longer reread those emails.

Maureen
  • PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    msccolon said:

new postings
    Actually, once i got used to the fact that new postings were notated in the listing, I got to LOVE it. I actually didn't notice right off that it tells you how many postings, and then right underneath it tells you how many new ones! So, if i don't get the time to look at all the new postings, I can see where I left off. Of course, once you go into a thread and leave, all the posts that were new are now considered not new, so you have to read all new posts in a given thread, but I got used to that quick enough! I have always been a big fan of change, so I didn't mind the learning curve!
    Mary

click on "new"
    "... and then right underneath it tells you how many new ones ..."

And in case any haven't noticed, you can click on the "new" to go to the first new post.
    -Greg
  • Monicaemilia
    Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
    Thanks for the tips
    I say it all the time, I used to be a really intelligent, computer savvy person prior to chemo - yikes! Monica