Recurrent Uterine Cancer

I have endometrial adenocarcinoma, stage 4, don't know the grade......it was 1st diaognised in july 2005, i had the radical hysteractomy, did 6 rounds of chemo- Adriamycin/Carboplatin.....my oncologist said the cancer was gone.....stopped the treatment and within 4 months it recurred in my pelvic and peritoneum and outside of the liver.....oncologist put me back on chemo regimen with single agent- Taxol....I have been taking taxol for 20 months....the last CT scan shows progression and thus it seems taxol is not working anymore.....my oncologist will be discussing with me for another chemo regimen.
If anyone has any recommendation or has done some research ... I am also on complimentary therapy? My naturopath has recommended "Reishi Gano" capsules which are mushroom based and this is really helping with my immune system.

I am concerned if there are any other options for me

Pls. respond if any one has any suggestions

Comments

• The easiest way to ...
    Dear hanif,

The easiest way to locate other CSN members with similar experiences is to type keywords (such as "endometrial adenocarcinoma," "stage 4 uterine cancer," "hysterectomy," etc.) on the search bar at the top of the home page. You can refine your search by clicking on the “Advance search” link listed underneath the search field. The major categories of content on CSN are blogs, discussion boards, “About Me” pages, etc. For example, if you are looking for a specific resource on the Resource Library, you can limit your search to resources only by clicking on the "resource" and "advanced search" button at the bottom of the "advanced search" box. Remember that you must be logged on if you want to post anything on a discussion boards, view personal pages, use the chat room, etc.

The American Cancer Society provides credible medical and nutritional information both at cancer.org and through the National Cancer Information Center (1-800-227-2345) 24 hours a day. You may want to contact them for information about "Reishi Gano."

Cordially,
    Your CSN Staff