26 Years.....

nudgie
nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My husband and I will be celebrating our 26th Wedding Anniversay on Wednesday, 24 Sept at the Poconos (this is where we spent our honeymoon), so I will be unplugged until Monday the 29th.

I sit here and think back 26 years. It amazes me how fast time flies when you sit and think, but when you live in the moment it moves slowly. Married my husband at 17 years old. Had my son at 18 years old and made it through several marriage struggles to get to the 26th.

It took cancer to invade my body, space, life, etc., to get me to realize what I have in my life and how much God has given me and not to take advantage of it, but to embrace it with both arms and never let go.

When I finished chemo and had my last surgery, my husband and I agreed that we would do everything in our power to spend alone time together at least twice a year and so far it has worked.

He is my partner, friend, lover and caregiver. God has given me my soul partner as well as a wonderful, caring and loving son.

There is nothing else I want or desire.

Thanks for letting me express my feelings this day

Comments

• kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Congratulations!
    We celebrated our 26th in June this year and spent our honeymoon in the Poconos. Must have been the thing in 82. LOL It is beautiful this time of year. Have a wonderful time and do some things this time that you didn't leave the room for 26 yrs ago ;)

Kimby
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    26 years
    Congratulations! You two are very lucky! Enjoy the poconos and the fact that God has brought you through all the trials and you are able to live the rainbow.
    Mary
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Happy Anniversary!!
    Happy Anniversary! Have a great time celebrating! We celebrated our 25th anniversary last week and I feel much like you do----I am just sorry that it took something tragic like cancer to make me fully appreciate my marriage. Time does fly, we need to take advantage of every moment we have together. So...go have a great time in the Poconos....and I think I will start planning our next get away!! ENJOY!!!

Faith
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Congratulations!
    Congratulations! Have a wonderful time on your trip, and enjoy every second with your husband.

Gail
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Congratulations!
    Congratulations! Hope you have a wonderful vacation. I love it when people share such joyous news and such a wonderful cause for celebration and congratulations.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Congrats!
    WOW! Over a quarter of a century!!! COOL!!!

October 25 marks 17 years for my beau and I....I truly don't know what I would have done without him during the years...

Hugs, Kathi
  • ruggersocks
    ruggersocks Member Posts: 78 Member
    Congratulations! That's
    Congratulations! That's wonderful. Celebrate big!

Cheryl