chemo fog

Lizzytish
Lizzytish Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
my physician has started me on provigil 100mg.daily.this will help motervate me and get my head out of my chemo fog.just started.does anyone have any histors with this drug

Comments

• Greggriggs
    Greggriggs Member Posts: 132
    Hi Lizzy
    Hope you are feeling good . I have the chemo brain but never took meds for it so can't help you with that . But just to give you a little hope you learn to laugh at it .
    They had a big artical in the paper about chemo Brain ,untill I read that I thought it was the meds I was taking.
    Hope you have a merry Christmas and beat all the chemo side affects .
    Greg
  • elouella
    elouella Member Posts: 9

Hi Lizzy
    Hope you are feeling good . I have the chemo brain but never took meds for it so can't help you with that . But just to give you a little hope you learn to laugh at it .
    They had a big artical in the paper about chemo Brain ,untill I read that I thought it was the meds I was taking.
    Hope you have a merry Christmas and beat all the chemo side affects .
    Greg

chemo fog.
    I beleave I have chemo fog, I am so forgetful, Does anyone else have this? I get so confused.
  • hoppy2
    hoppy2 Member Posts: 10
    elouella said:

chemo fog.
    I beleave I have chemo fog, I am so forgetful, Does anyone else have this? I get so confused.

Chemo brain
    Oh yes, My husband gets very forgetful, more so thatn before :) - I also work with a lady where her daygher went through very aggressive chemo for breast cancer and she was in the grocery store and someone she knew came up and they were talking. When she finished the conversation she walked out of the store, got to her car, felt something is just not right. Well she forgot her teenage son had gone to the restroom during the conversation she was having with her friend and she almost left him at the store. I hear this forgetfullness is quite common.
    My husband writes everything down.
    Good luck,
    Maggie
  • elouella
    elouella Member Posts: 9
    chemo fog,
    It sure helps knowing that I am not alone with this, I guess I will start taking notes, Thank you so much for setting me at ease.